arnova gbook no sound

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,807
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My niece was bough this for christmas. There are options to unlock sound turn it up and so on but no sound comes from the device. I have tried this with headphones and without. Please help got a very upset kid here

Comments

• alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    cardbus wrote: »
    My niece was bough this for christmas. There are options to unlock sound turn it up and so on but no sound comes from the device. I have tried this with headphones and without. Please help got a very upset kid here

Sounds faulty - get a replacement one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorted finally only works with headphones, sound icon works in reverse for some reason
  • slick1twoslick1two Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorted finally only works with headphones, sound icon works in reverse for some reason

If it only works with headphones then that is not normal. Why be content with a faulty piece of hardware? If it's not working as it should, that's cause for returning it for a replacement or refund.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it wont work without headphones as there is not a souncard installed on it
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There must be a sound "card" or more precisely a sound chip on board or the headphones won't work. What it may lack are any speakers built in.
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member

Are you sure the tablet does not have any speakers built in? Would be very odd for there not to be and if they are not working you would be better to return it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From my experience with Archos tablets, IMO are the worst tablets I have ever used. Never again, I will never go near Archos/Arnova stuff. To the OP, get shot of it ASAP. You will likely have nothing but problems with it.

Sorry to be blunt but just need to look at this, especially the comments after the article. One user also mentions the lack of sound, as well as constant crashing and freezing. It has a slow as hell cpu and the battery life is like an hour apparently.

http://liliputing.com/2012/10/archos-introduces-budget-arnova-gbook-android-4-0-ereader.html

It looks to be an appalling piece of hardware, not worth any amount of money, for what problems come with it. You will have nothing but frustration. Incredible that it was released recently and comes with seriously low specs. There are many cheap Chinese offerings that offer double the specs and a smoother experience.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt buy it, I personally would not of bought it, compared to ipad and galaxy tab we own its the biggest pile of poop going. If id known my sister was going to get this I would of warned her off it, she could of picked up a galaxy tab plus for not much more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt buy it, I personally would not of bought it, compared to ipad and galaxy tab we own its the biggest pile of poop going. If id known my sister was going to get this I would of warned her off it, she could of picked up a galaxy tab plus for not much more.

That's unfortunate, yeah many decent alternatives at that price point. Not sure what you can do then, since it was a gift. I would just tell your sister how horrible it is, I mean no good having something that doesn't work, and like you said in your initial post, an upset kid. Dunno bout you, cos everyone has a different way of handling things, but I would have just said, look it doesn't work, it's a shame, any chance of swapping it? Of course that could offend your sister as it was bought with good intentions. Oh well, hope you find some kind of resolve one way or another.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dont worry ive told her its rubbish, she agrees. I have told her to take it back and demand a refund