Sugababes announcement tomorrow

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
Forum Member
An apparent 'insider' on the Popjustice wesbsite forum has stated there will be an announcement regarding the Sugababes tomorrow.

Very little chance of it being new music, due to Amelle recording solo music and Heidi signing on for a play.:o

If it IS true, I reckon it will either be a new Greatest Hits, or a formal split.:(

Thoughts?

Comments

• Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,759
    Forum Member
    I'll be honest, I think it will be an official split which I don't want but if they had any momentum it has disappeared
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    I agree. Really don't want it to happen, but they have spent far too long away from the spotlight. Mutya, Keisha & Siobhan won't last either in my opinion.:(
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    I agree - solo careers. Heidi or Jade will be on celeb big brother. But it would be great if they announced that the three of them were abandoning the Sugababes name and current label and working with a new name , new label, new producer and new material!
    Forum Member
    I'd love a Heidi album to be honest, I think she's very underrated.

If they abandoned the name, who would own it then? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It could be an "indefinite hiatus" and not an "official split". Won't be surprised since Sweet 7 wasn't well received and with Amelle and Heidi doing their own projects now, it was bound to happen. Kind of a shame that Freedom was cancelled as an official single release though.
    Very little chance of it being new music, due to Amelle recording solo music and Heidi signing on for a play.:o

What play is Heidi doing?
    Forum Member
    Happy Days, early 2014
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see. Then Greatest Hits may be the likely possibility, if any music released. They might release one or two more singles before their possible "indefinite hiatus". Heidi did say that after 4.0, that would be it for Sugababes.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A new member is my guess.
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    A new member is my guess.

Can you IMAGINE the reaction :D
  • LMLM Posts: 63,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I;ve been saying for a few months I am expecting a split, a new GH and a farewell tour
    I could do with a new GH as the one they did last time was a mess that left great tracks off and included awful new songs.
    Forum Member
    I'd love a Heidi album to be honest, I think she's very underrated.

If they abandoned the name, who would own it then? :confused:

I think it's Crown Management who became their record label when they left Island in 2010, before that Universal owned the name and trademark except of course for the lucrative gift wrap and pencils that Mutya luckily won which in itself was a ridiculous thing to trademark
    Forum Member
    I;ve been saying for a few months I am expecting a split, a new GH and a farewell tour
    I could do with a new GH as the one they did last time was a mess that left great tracks off and included awful new songs.

This.

They have plenty of new tracks to include as well. Their 8th album was practically done before it was shelved after 'Freedom'.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, this may be controversial, but if it is one final greatest hits, then I want all the singles RE-RECORDED with the 4.0 line-up bar songs from the first album of course, I'd love to hear what they all sounded like, and unless they put like 10 new songs on it or something then there will be no incentive for me as I already have all their albums and the previous GH!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Ok, this may be controversial, but if it is one final greatest hits, then I want all the singles RE-RECORDED with the 4.0 line-up bar songs from the first album of course, I'd love to hear what they all sounded like, and unless they put like 10 new songs on it or something then there will be no incentive for me as I already have all their albums and the previous GH!

Unless it was a re-recorded version, or it had input and marketing from MKS I can't see another GH album. There was a lot of backlash when Mutya and Siobhan were erased from the cover and newbie Amelle was featured. I just can't see they would do that with MKS releasing. It would be bad timing.

I think with MKS stating they will perform anything up to ugly, it leaves HAJ with not much apart from the name.

It would have been better for HAJ to relinquish the name, have some time out and relaunch with a better managed campaign of freedom. Would MKS want Sugababes brand back, they may not want HAJ to have it but would they want it back?

I like HAJ but think it's not likely they will release again, or even release again. I can't see a tour as they lack momentum, plus with MKS singing those songs it's like do you want to see 2 sing the songs or 1 (Heidi) that were in the group from the heyday
    Forum Member

I agree that a new greatest hits shouldn't be a "normal" greatest hits. The truth is since 'The Singles Collection', they have only had 1 hit single, About You Now.

I think if it is a greatest hits then it should be a multi-disk/boxset release for example. The first disk could be all 18 of their top ten singles, the second single could be a fan favourite disk where they vote for their favourite non-single album track from each studio album (7 tracks) plus 7 re-recorded singles (not including One Touch tracks for obvious reasons) with three new tracks + Freedom.

Then for a "deluxe edition", a third disk of remixed tracks, b-sides and covers (I've wanted a studio version of Rabbit Heart since the Live Lounge) and possibly a fourth disk of brand new material which hopefully (if good enough) could renew some interest in the group
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that a new greatest hits shouldn't be a "normal" greatest hits. The truth is since 'The Singles Collection', they have only had 1 hit single, About You Now.

I think if it is a greatest hits then it should be a multi-disk/boxset release for example. The first disk could be all 18 of their top ten singles, the second single could be a fan favourite disk where they vote for their favourite non-single album track from each studio album (7 tracks) plus 7 re-recorded singles (not including One Touch tracks for obvious reasons) with three new tracks + Freedom.

Then for a "deluxe edition", a third disk of remixed tracks, b-sides and covers (I've wanted a studio version of Rabbit Heart since the Live Lounge) and possibly a fourth disk of brand new material which hopefully (if good enough) could renew some interest in the group

I would pre-order this in a heartbeat tbh, only thing I would change is that I'd want all the singles included, it could be like a complete history of the Sugababes mega deluxe boxset or something to that effect.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amelle just posted this on twitter:

"Always be strong enough to let go, and be smart enough to wait for what you deserve xxx"

Sounds quite ominous lol.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Personally, I would love for Heidi to join Mutya, Keisha and Siobhan and make a 4 piece. All four voices are so different and would work so well together.

It'll never happen, but it would be amazing.

As for a Sugababes split, I would be fine with that. I'm a massive Sugababes fan and have been since the beginning pretty much, but now they will only come 2nd best to MKS who I really hope are in for the long haul. Catfights and Spotlights will forever be underated though.

No Greatest Hits though. They need a best of, that way tracks like Virgin Sexy, Just Let It Go, Conversations Over, Every Heart Broken and Colder In the Rain can be featured too.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amelle just posted this on twitter:

"Always be strong enough to let go, and be smart enough to wait for what you deserve xxx"

Sounds quite ominous lol.

Another new line-up maybe?
  • matty_andersonmatty_anderson Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's no way they'll be successful ever again so it's definitely a split.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    My guess is they'll announce a final Greatest Hits and a split, but we'll just have to wait and see. I would love it if they announced they were bringing out a new album.
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These girls are pointless I feel. Jade is the only one with vocal ability while the rest are garbage. Jade should go solo, and the other two should go back to garbage handling.

MKS are amazing ...can't wait for the album.
  • Rui_PhillipsRui_Phillips Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be gutted if they do. I've always had a soft spot for 4.0
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    wouldnt mind if Amelle left an got replaced :)

wouldnt happen though :(

never warmed to her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    I really hope they won't split up. They were never given a real chance tbh. Maybe now that the whole MKS hype is dying down (no shade intended, but you have to admit it is), the general public would be willing to embrace 4.0.