P&O Strictly Cruises

Comments

• soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    soulmate61 wrote: »
    The prices are I believe £1K to £7K.

As students will be captives onboard no doubt it will be a crash course all day learning multiple dances, with glamorous evenings. Not sure about arrangements re unattached singles. If the shipbound gang are happy persons the cruise should be fun. :)

As in all dances attended by singles, cruises suffer from shortage of gentlemen. I did a count once of a group photo taken on a past Ian/Natalie cruise, showing a ratio of 80 F to 50 M, I think. It would be awful for single ladies to be left out partnerless, Single gentlemen who dance well can cruise free of charge, so I hear :D

The Aurora Cruise from 18th June with Pasha and Katya appeals to me in particular. Ports visited include St Petersburg on latitude 60, which in late June enjoys 3 weeks of midnight sun -- the white nights. The city of Pushkin and Euler, St Petersburg was capital of Russia until 1918. Places to see in Russia's cultural capital include the Hermitage Museum, Mariinsky (Kirov) Ballet and the Vaganova Ballet Academy..... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scyq893jUHk
  • LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,381
    Forum Member
    Ah I posted about theses cruises last year, thinking I was being helpful to anyone wanting to go and my post got deleted. I guess it was counted as advertising although I had nothing to do with P & O at all. So look out this thread may get deleted as well.
  • soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    Katya and Pasha's whirlwind tour of 30+ towns was well publicized in here last year, so it seems a shame to suppress news of dance cruises.

The Aurora Cruise I mentioned earlier was actually the 14-night Baltic cruise visiting Scandinavian ports plus St Petersburg, departing from Southampton on 5th July.