A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 4)

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    When is your test? You'd better work bitch :D
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For psych it's Atypical Psychology luckily it's multiple choice so it's a case of memorising the entire topic. And maths something on graphs maths is not my strong point :p
    Forum Member
    When I was doing Commerce I did a lot of multiple choice exams, but I still had to study for 'em :p I am absolutely hopeless at maths. I need a calculator or pen and paper even to do mental arithmetic :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know pain right multiple choice but still have to revise :p And same here I am beyond hopeless maths has always evaded :D
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    evening! :)
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    I know pain right multiple choice but still have to revise :p And same here I am beyond hopeless maths has always evaded :D

I had to as well when I had multiple choice exams :p I can't understand it half the time. Anyway I don't need it in Law unless I need to add up the bill or work out how much I've spent in chargers/repairs over the last few months :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening :)
    Forum Member
    What are you up to HM?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watching TV :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning all how are we?
    Forum Member
    Morning!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How are you CNBC :)?
    Forum Member
    I'm ok, just working away :p No power cuts or anything today. Everything is as it should be... for now :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haha that's good then :p Maybe she has finally put her wand away :D
    Forum Member
    It's possible :D I did bump into another lecturer though and she was busy talking to me for a few minutes :p That particular lecturer watches my house at night or used to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay watches your house explain :D
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    Evening.

Well, my weekend has been completely ruined within 5 minutes. Just as I've got settled in my new place of work, I've had a call from the agency to say that as of next Friday I'll be out of work. I'm so annoyed about it. I really like it there. So much for a three month trial. :( they're saying that there isn't enough work to be done and they have too many people. As we're the last ones in we're also the first ones out if there isn't enough work. I'm genuinely gutted. :(
    Forum Member
    Well I had that lecturer last year and somehow she knew who I was even though I hadn't spoken to her before. I suspected she found out where I lived and she watched me at night :o L.A. knows where I live as well so she might be watching the place :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha watching you go in and out tracking your movements I'd watch out for that one :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awe Mimi that is such an absolute shame. as you say just you were settling in and enjoying your out. But on the plus sight experience and when future interviewers look at what you have been doing they can see you have been pro-active not idle and will look at you most favourably. It's not the end just the beginning look at it that way :).
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Haha watching you go in and out tracking your movements I'd watch out for that one :p

I'm always on the lookout :D I make sure my house is locked up every night! You never know who is watching :p
    mimicole wrote: »
    Evening.

Well, my weekend has been completely ruined within 5 minutes. Just as I've got settled in my new place of work, I've had a call from the agency to say that as of next Friday I'll be out of work. I'm so annoyed about it. I really like it there. So much for a three month trial. :( they're saying that there isn't enough work to be done and they have too many people. As we're the last ones in we're also the first ones out if there isn't enough work. I'm genuinely gutted. :(

Aww that's a shame :( I'm just thinking about it and I'm not sure if it's right that the employers (or agency) did that. Surely the employment contract said that you were guaranteed a three-month trial? If there wasn't enough work and too many people then why did they take on new staff? I'm not sure if the agency or the employer is at fault here, but it sounds fishy. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha shut it, lock it, bolt it and hide behind the sofa :p
    Forum Member
    That's what I always do at night :D I put the blinds down and make sure every door is locked.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha make sure no sneaky binoculars can get past :D
    Forum Member
    Exactly :D I also check the bushes and the trees to make sure no lecturers are hiding in 'em :p