Girls Aloud SPLIT - 2002-2013!!

Comments

• Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 82,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    P_P wrote: »
    You may not be able to mistake their biology but there must have been cracks in their chemistry :D

As regards their success, it occurs to me that what goes up must come down. That's the law of physics!:D
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2002 - 2009, 2012 - 2013 more like
  • spm2013spm2013 Posts: 215
    Forum Member

So true and had they continued as a group in 2009 when Cheryl was at her height of popularity with X Factor they probaly would have had an immensely successful sixth studio album.
  • ESTKESTK Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good, Cheryl will go solo again <3
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kimberley said that "I don't think we're ever going to split up,"
    Cheryl has said that they will split up at the end of this tour.
    so...who knows....

i hope they release Every Now and Then and On The Metro...

Metro as the last single as it kind of relates to sound of the underground!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    If this means another album from Nicola I'm happy!
  • Jamandell (d69)Jamandell (d69) Posts: 3,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NOOOO, they've confirmed their split :(

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rjbgd3
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Interesting to see what will be happening now with their individual careers.

I thought they would announce it on stage though...

To be fair though, I have to laugh when people make out like they've been going for 10 years. The last proper album was 2008.
  • sheepiestarsheepiestar Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    :cry: gutted
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just got back from girls aloud concert in liverpool...gutted!!

although not a huge surprise!! so glad i went now they are no longer!! great night
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    Yeah it's not surprising, it's still quite sad though.
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

2015 -

Big reunion.

It'll happen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw this coming, as did everyone.

Really wished they released On The Metro or Every Now and Then as their final single instead of the Beautiful Cause You Love Me crap.
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gutted :cry:

If they want to split then fair enough, but they should have done it properly. They should have announced from the beginning it would be a farewell tour. They should have ended their singles run with Every Now And Then rather than Beautiful 'Cause You Love. They shouldn't have said Girls Aloud would never split. They should have released a CD of unreleased songs for the fans. They should have announced the split properly rather than on Twitter...
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only just became a fan last year and now they've split up for good. Bloody typical. :cry:

Still it's not all bad for me, I've still got five brand new GA albums to listen to.

It's a shame their career's ended on a somewhat lackluster note though - Something New had an awful chart run, Ten is their first album not to go Platinum and a group that had twenty consecutive Top 10 hits last single is one that bombed in at #'97. Perhaps it would have been better if they had ended on Out of Control?

Wait what am I saying, NO. One, I would personally have never got the chance to see them live if they had, and two fans wouldn't have got this 'final' goodbye.

Still there's always the 15th anniversary, and the 20th or when ever the-non Cheryl's run out of money really...
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    End of an era for me, I have grown up with this band. I was 13 when I bought their first single. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So 3008 wrote: »
    I only just became a fan last year and now they've split up for good. Bloody typical. :cry:

Still it's not all bad for me, I've still got five brand new GA albums to listen to.

It's a shame their career's ended on a somewhat lackluster note though - Something New had an awful chart run, Ten is their first album not to go Platinum and a group that had twenty consecutive Top 10 hits last single is one that bombed in at #'97. Perhaps it would have been better if they had ended on Out of Control?

Wait what am I saying, NO. One, I would personally have never got the chance to see them live if they had, and two fans wouldn't have got this 'final' goodbye.

Still there's always the 15th anniversary, and the 20th or when ever the-non Cheryl's run out of money really...

I think she is just as much at a risk as the others... not as much because of her potential solo career, but they all probably live very wealthy lifestyles. And for those lifestyles to continue, they have to continually fund it... just ask Mick Jagger, he'll take every penny he can get. I think she'll jump back on X Factor soon enough, few million for sitting at a table is not a bad idea.

Countless times boyband and girlband members end up in debts because they tried to live a lifestyle they couldn't afford.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ashtray88 wrote: »
    NOOOOO!!!

Actually it was kind of inevitable. They must be one of the longest running girlbands ever.

En Vogue formed in 1989 and are still touring today after 24 years:eek:
  • DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Give it a couple of years and they'll appear in ITV2's The Big Reunion 2....
  • Lukey37Lukey37 Posts: 5,369
    Forum Member
    Announcing a split on twitlonger? Oh dear. :o
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Give it a couple of years and they'll appear in ITV2's The Big Reunion 2....

Yep, at least my ears can have a rest now
  • LMLM Posts: 63,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hardly shocking, but it's a great way to end. No bitter split, no member changes and have had a steady run through the charts.

Now i am looking forward to who will be the next generation's girlbands. So far we have Little Mix.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    En Vogue formed in 1989 and are still touring today after 24 years:eek:

But they are singers
  • lulu25lulu25 Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah this is a shame, I was at their last tour date in Liverpool last night and they all got pretty emotional (Sarah especially) when they sang I'll stand by you in their encore- I was fully expecting them to announce it then.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They'd already split in 2009. A bunch of concerts, a Greatest Hits and a couple of singles is nothing.