Candi Staton

The hit - Young Hearts Run Free
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPAd4kNqe-s

The rehash - Destiny
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vKMwCh2ie4

Comments

• Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Do you mean by the same artists or by different artists?

Recent ones which everybody else will probably mention:

Katy Perry - E.T. and Wide Awake are ver similar
    Rihanna - Only Girl/S&M, SOS/Don't Stop the Music/Disturbia and We Found Love/Where Have You Been
    Flo Rida - Good Feeling and Wild Ones
    Lady Gaga - Just Dance, Poker Face, Bad Romance, Monster, Judas and Scheisse are all virtually identical
    David Guetta - Sexy Chick and Where Them Girls At
    Nicki Minaj - Starships, Pound the Alarm, Automatic and Whip It are all the same
    Girls Aloud - Something Kinda Oooh and Something New
    Jennifer Lopez - On the Floor and Dance Again

Those are the ones most members on here will point out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One Direction WMYB, OT & LWWY
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    The Wanted - Glad You Came -> Chasing the Sun -> I Found You
    Duffy - Mercy -> Rain on Your Parade

This thread makes me realize how artists just release the same song over and over again nowadays. It wasn't that common even 5 years ago, but now it's normal and accepted it seems. :(
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think `oops!... i did it again` is probably the most ironic song title ever, considering the songs similarity to `baby one more time`.:o the 1974 remix of abba`s `ring ring` was blatant in using the saxophone like on their breakthrough hit `waterloo`.

ace of base`s `the sign` was pretty similar to `all that she wants`. in fact, a lot of the songs on `happy nation` sounded similar.:D a lot of the euro dance outfits in the 90`s released a string of singles sounding the same after stumbling on a hit single. the worst offenders were `haddaway`, `culture beat`, `black box`, `technotronic` and `2 unlimited`.
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    gpk wrote: »
    i think `oops!... i did it again` is probably the most ironic song title ever, considering the songs similarity to `baby one more time`.:o the 1974 remix of abba`s `ring ring` was blatant in using the saxophone like on their breakthrough hit `waterloo`.

ace of base`s `the sign` was pretty similar to `all that she wants`. in fact, a lot of the songs on `happy nation` sounded similar.:D a lot of the euro dance outfits in the 90`s released a string of singles sounding the same after stumbling on a hit single. the worst offenders were `haddaway`, `culture beat`, `black box`, `technotronic` and `2 unlimited`.

BIB: Good one, I actually get those two confused sometimes!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    big dan wrote: »
    BIB: Good one, I actually get those two confused sometimes!

i remember chris moyles dubbed it `oops!... i recorded it again`.:D
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tag Team - Whoomp! (there it is) / Whoomp! (there it is remix) / Addams family (Whoomp!) / Whoomp! (there it went)
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Katy Perry's Last Friday Night ->> Jessie J's Domino

Love both songs though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    Lady GaGa - 'Judas' and 'Marry The Night', both of which tried to be 'Poker Face. 2.0. and failed.
    Jennifer Lopez - 'Dance Again' a.k.a. failed 'OTF' 2.0.
    Katy Perry's entire career after 'California Gurls'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On The Floor ft Pitbull
    Dance Again ft Pitbull
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
    Forum Member
    Lou Bega followed up 'Mambo No5' with 'I Got A Girl' which is almost a photocopy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFYbm0_Xem0
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After about a bazzilion years both Brandy and Monica came back with what they clearly wanted to be their follow up hit to "The Boy Is Mine" but the song was just terrible. I can't even remember it's name. Then they milked Whitney Houston's death like there was no tomorrow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i thought of a couple more.

cystal waters - gypsy woman
    and the follow up - makin` happy

kim syms - too blind to see it
    and the follow up - take my advice
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ke$ha - Tik Tok/Katy Perry - California Gurls
    Kelly Clarkson - Already Gone/Beyoncé - Halo
    Jessie J - Price Tag/P!nk - Perfect
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Baby One More Time and Oops I Did It Again were identical on purpose. Remember Britney has always been a corporate puppet. They knew that by rehashing her new single with her first one was a brilliant marketing ploy and it was. No one cared as Britney was the sweetheart who could do no wrong.
  • Ally_BowieAlly_Bowie Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    from 1999 i have......

Wamdue Project - King Of My Castle >>> Your The Reason
    Ann Lee - Two Times >>>Voices
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    The Wanted - Glad You Came -> Chasing the Sun -> I Found You
    Duffy - Mercy -> Rain on Your Parade

This thread makes me realize how artists just release the same song over and over again nowadays. It wasn't that common even 5 years ago, but now it's normal and accepted it seems. :(

And when they don't, they get criticized for not having one sound because they "don't have an identity"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katy Perry's Last Friday Night ->> Jessie J's Domino

Love both songs though

We should add every song dr Luke has ever produced. Even die young got compared to domino. He does it every year. Pay attention this year. Whichever of his singles is really big, just know another one will be soon to follow in the year with the same music. Tik tok and California gurls are the exact same song. Just different lyrics. He didn't bother to change anything at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Ke$ha - Tik Tok/Katy Perry - California Gurls
    Kelly Clarkson - Already Gone/Beyoncé - Halo
    Jessie J - Price Tag/P!nk - Perfect

The first ones are dr lukes, the second are both Ryan tedders, and the third Both copied off of where is the love by the black eyed peas
  • 446.09375446.09375 Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got bored with all the rehashes of
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Got_the_Love

and for some reason I had the impression that
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walk_the_Dinosaur
    had been released a number of times in further attempts to get it to sell, but it seems I was mistaken :)
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    On The Floor ft Pitbull
    Dance Again ft Pitbull

Every Pitbull song sounds the same to me :o
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »
    The first ones are dr lukes, the second are both Ryan tedders, and the third Both copied off of where is the love by the black eyed peas

Dr. Luke rehashes everything. I just noticed that Nicki - Va Va Voom = Britney - Seal It With A Kiss. :yawn:

He and RedOne use the same chords but just change the key. Calvin Harris and David Guetta should use some of their cash to buy some new drum sounds...they use the same things in every song, Laserlight is a blatant rehash of Titanium.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Dr. Luke rehashes everything. I just noticed that Nicki - Va Va Voom = Britney - Seal It With A Kiss. :yawn:

He and RedOne use the same chords but just change the key. Calvin Harris and David Guetta should use some of their cash to buy some new drum sounds...they use the same things in every song, Laserlight is a blatant rehash of Titanium.

I had never heard the Britney song. Wow. How original lol. I never liked VVV anyway.

After Kanye made 808s and Heartbeats, everybody and their mom decided to start using 808s and playing them in clubs and no one realized everything sounded the same. Timbaland wasn't very happy about that. It is pretty annoying, now because people have gotten so used to it that anything that doesnt sound the same is automatically shunned.
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Taio Cruz - Fast Car is like his other song Higher (but crap!)