Leeds do the poznan at city!

odz1odz1 Posts: 1,940
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Better than the shit we watch week in week out - What a support.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruU27fcq4-Q

Comments

• wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If someone did this at Molineux in front of me I'll just tell them I want to watch the match.

Copying a bunch of fans from another country is not my idea of great support.

Yes I know I appear such a killjoy. I can't be the only one though.
  • odz1odz1 Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If someone did this at Molineux in front of me I'll just tell them I want to watch the match.

Killjoy:D Only jokin hehe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watford took 6,000 to man city too. Leeds are nothing special.
  • jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    Watford took 6,000 to man city too. Leeds are nothing special.

It was not about how many fans Leeds took to City, it was more to do with the support and noise they made throughout the game. I have no doubt City fans were equally impressed with Watford's support.:rolleyes:
  • Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    jackyork wrote: »
    It was not about how many fans Leeds took to City, it was more to do with the support and noise they made throughout the game. I have no doubt City fans were equally impressed with Watford's support.:rolleyes:

City's prices v Watford were kids £5
    adults £10 and I know that being a Leeds fan
    In watford

Can I also point out that to get a ticket for Sunday's game you needed to have done at least 3 aways Ie loyalty
    Fact we could have sold 3 times that amout as well

Btw for the Leeds fans that went what's allnthe shoes of if you hate Man u all about ?? :eek:
  • stu64stu64 Posts: 5,273
    Forum Member
    Yep what amazing support Leeds have.

Average 21,000 at the moment, over 15,000 empty seats each home game. Great fans. Be no surprise that Leeds haven't averaged over 30,000 now for nearly 10 years, since they were last in the Premiership.

Loyal bunch
  • glasgow67glasgow67 Posts: 6,121
    Forum Member
    Its The Huddle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmIdu77MhNU

Celtic fans doing it against Livingston in Sep 2008, Celtic fans have been doing the Huddle since 2006.
  • Tush_91Tush_91 Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    stu64 wrote: »
    Yep what amazing support Leeds have.

Average 21,000 at the moment, over 15,000 empty seats each home game. Great fans. Be no surprise that Leeds haven't averaged over 30,000 now for nearly 10 years, since they were last in the Premiership.

Loyal bunch

Maybe because we have to pay over the odds for a mid table championship team, £30 a ticket or even £500 to £600 for a season ticket to watch a team who have no passion about them, or a manager who doesn't know what the hell he's doing or even in the boardroom when ken bates rips on Leeds fans and doesn't invest in the team leaving us only with rejects and new owners who don't have a pot to piss in.

The club has no ambition, it doesn't engage with its fans, that's why its not a sell out week in week out, we see our best players leave every season.

Many people don't go because of bates, and they won't go until he goes.
  • timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glasgow67 wrote: »
    Its The Huddle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmIdu77MhNU

Celtic fans doing it against Livingston in Sep 2008, Celtic fans have been doing the Huddle since 2006.

It is a 'grecques'.

http://bit.ly/15rp4CS
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You're not a killjoy; you are in fact 100% correct.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the most pointless and inane 'celebration'. A modern Mexican Wave

'oh look at us, we're being embarassed by another team on a nice day out, lets jump up and down, we're still singing yaaaah'
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lets take celebrating out of the game!

jeez...let people do what they want.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,451
    Forum Member
    Tush_91 wrote: »
    Maybe because we have to pay over the odds for a mid table championship team, £30 a ticket or even £500 to £600 for a season ticket to watch a team who have no passion about them, or a manager who doesn't know what the hell he's doing or even in the boardroom when ken bates rips on Leeds fans and doesn't invest in the team leaving us only with rejects and new owners who don't have a pot to piss in.

The club has no ambition, it doesn't engage with its fans, that's why its not a sell out week in week out, we see our best players leave every season.

Oh right, you are only loyal if it's cheap then?
  • wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »

Its the most contrived thing ever.
    Forum Member
    Ambassador wrote: »
    It's the most pointless and inane 'celebration'. A modern Mexican Wave

'oh look at us, we're being embarassed by another team on a nice day out, lets jump up and down, we're still singing yaaaah'
    Surely can not be as embarrassing as watching excited grown-ups bouncing about when their Wrestling idols hit the screens.;)
    Forum Member
    Oh right, you are only loyal if it's cheap then?

Our attendances in league 1 were way higher than what they are now and the prices have remained the same, the situation now is that we are selling our best players every window, being lied to, and the club don't engage with us fans and quite frankly people are fed up of how our club is run at the moment, so people tend to go to away games so no money is going into bates' back pocket.

Plus warlocks dreadful style of football and tactics don't help.
  • Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    Can't really disagree what's been
    Said really but look at this will tell you all
    About 21st century Leeds am afraid

On boxing day 2011 we were 2/0
    Up at Leicester and looking to go
    Top as QPr were Wobbling (ironically under warnock)
    The squad among others had Casper schemichel
    Howson Johnson gradel , becchio we needed a couple of January signings bates refused ambition
    Went so did the above stars .

Unlike the current generation
    Of Leeds fans mehstg sadly I really can't see that happening for a very long time again
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    Surely can not be as embarrassing as watching excited grown-ups bouncing about when their Wrestling idols hit the screens.;)

Yaa, cos that's really relevant to this discussion :p
    Forum Member
    Yaa, cos that's really relevant to this discussion :p

I thought the poster was trying to make Leeds fans look stupid and silly with his comments.........what would a WWE fan know, its laughable.
  • Ian KaneIan Kane Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tush_91 wrote: »

You need to pick one or the other of the contradicting points in your post. Was it Bates or too expensive ?

I guarantee if you get promoted to the Premier League the prices will rise but the glory hunters will return to fill Elland Rd. I went to the Spurs game and assumed that was a normal crowd the way some Leeds fans go on but when I saw the highlights of the next game it was half full. Disappointing.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the poster was trying to make Leeds fans look stupid and silly with his comments.........what would a WWE fan know, its laughable.

Not particularly stuck to Leeds but your team did a fine job of making you look silly without anyone's help.

So what difference does what I watch for entetainment (outside football or opera, my other great passions) make upon my judgement on fans 'celebrating'?

Poznan is a stupid and pointless celebration and jumping up and down when your getting hammered off a Premier League team hardly makes you fantastic fans.
    Forum Member
    Ian Kane wrote: »
    You need to pick one or the other of the contradicting points in your post. Was it Bates or too expensive ?

I guarantee if you get promoted to the Premier League the prices will rise but the glory hunters will return to fill Elland Rd. I went to the Spurs game and assumed that was a normal crowd the way some Leeds fans go on but when I saw the highlights of the next game it was half full. Disappointing.

It expensive because of bates, he used this saying " if you want premiership football you have to pay premiership prices" we'll we pay premiership prices but haven't got premiership football instead we got league 1 football.

I agree with you though that it is disappointing that the crowds have fallen but for the spurs game we only got 29,000 more or less the same amount as what we got in league 1 games, don't you think with a game against a top 4 team in spurs we would have sold out? So I wouldn't count that the fact we would get crowds of at least 35000 and all the glory hunters back if we got promoted, until the board meet the fans ambitions, invest in the team then we won't see a great attendance.ken bates has sucked this club dry.
  • CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    Ahh the Leeds United fans at the game were just having a laugh - we enjoyed it, plenty of the Man City fans enjoyed it, many of the watching commentators and journalists at the game seemed to enjoy it - but wait, oh no! some posters on the DS Football Forum apparently think it was silly!

Anyway, the game was effectively over after 15 minutes, we had to do something to entertain ourselves for the rest of the 90 minutes. :D
    Forum Member
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Not particularly stuck to Leeds but your team did a fine job of making you look silly without anyone's help.

So what difference does what I watch for entetainment (outside football or opera, my other great passions) make upon my judgement on fans 'celebrating'?

Poznan is a stupid and pointless celebration and jumping up and down when your getting hammered off a Premier League team hardly makes you fantastic fans.

You have just summed up in your last paragraph exactly what type of fan you are, winning games does not equate to having great fans, Through no fault of their own, there's not many fans that have gone through more shit and despair than Leeds fans, i hope it never happens to your team, if it does you won't see me taking the piss like you have done, if I dont have anything tidy to say, I'll say f all.
    Whether you hate Leeds fans or not, don't kid yourself by saying they don't have fantastic fans because they are one of the most loyal and vocal bunch in football, ask about, I honestly don't think many will disagree. Hope you keep supporting your team through thick and thin, thats what real supporters do.

As for the wrestling , I agree what you do is your bussiness, there was no bigger fan than my son.....when he was 10.;)
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,459
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »

I would never consider turning my back on my team as celebrating, under any circumstances:confused: