Romanzo Criminale

TYCOTYCO Posts: 5,891
Forum Member
This was so amazing. Best drama I've seen in ages.

Does anyone know if we'll see series 2 on Sky arts or any other channel?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've bought S2, and it'll probably be on Sky Arts again, but they haven't said exactly when.
  • ZicoZZicoZ Posts: 7,642
    Forum Member
    I also thought it was a remarkable series ..... my only complaint was the main guy's supposedly moody/ sinister faces .... maybe the drugs ??
  • xynariaxynaria Posts: 24,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Series One repeated starting at 4.00 am Tues (07_02_2012) morning
  • Hackney1Hackney1 Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    good to know, thanks for the heads up. caught this half way through first series and wanted to see the episodes I missed. just checked digi guide and is repeated same time from Friday morning.
  • duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know if and when we will see Series 2 on Sky Arts. I don't usually check Sky Arts to see what's on and I'm worried I'll miss it. I loved Series 1, totally hooked!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    iv just purchased romanzo criminale series 2 from amazon £29 & it has english subtitles:) also will be watching braquo series 2 which can be found on the world wide web if you know were to look:D
    Forum Member
    if you havent seen romanzo criminale then i would highly recommend this, its currently being repeated on sky arts, think sopranos but better & more realistic, & makes inspector montalbano look like tom&jerry, iv just purchased series 2 from amazon £29 with english subtitles unfortunately series 1 dvd has no english subtitles which is very strange:mad: but if you know were to look series 1 can be found on the internet i just had to translate the subtitles myself;) i also had to do this with braquo series 2 as i just couldnt wait for it to be aired on british tv

love the killing, borgen&series 2, the bridge, unit one, the eagle, wallander, varg vuem, spiral & now loving the riveting romanzo criminale superior quality television
  • xynariaxynaria Posts: 24,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iv just purchased romanzo criminale series 2 from amazon £29 & it has english subtitles:) also will be watching braquo series 2 which can be found on the world wide web if you know were to look:D

So weird that series two has English subs but not series one....especially as transmission confirms that those subtitles are done.
    Forum Member
    http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2011-10-04/romanzo-criminale-the-italian-killing

iv seen series 1 & 2, wow! better then the killing? better then borgen? yes! & its a true story, i would advise anyone who likes top foreign tv to watch romanzo criminale asap
  • The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    I found some subtitles for s1 but they are piss poor...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    Probably a daft question but is it best to watch series 1 before watching series 2. I've saved series 2 on the planner and was going to start watching but I notice series 1 is being repeated 6th March on Sky Arts., so could leave it a month.
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,471
    Forum Member
    tellygirl wrote: »
    Probably a daft question but is it best to watch series 1 before watching series 2. I've saved series 2 on the planner and was going to start watching but I notice series 1 is being repeated 6th March on Sky Arts., so could leave it a month.

Series 2 hasn't been on yet has it?:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Series 2 hasn't been on yet has it?:confused:

No. Either TG has recorded the repeat of S1 and thinks it is S2. Or she has got S2 from other sources?

Either how, best to watch S1 first.
    Forum Member
    No. Either TG has recorded the repeat of S1 and thinks it is S2. Or she has got S2 from other sources?

Either how, best to watch S1 first.

I knew I hadn't missed it. TG may have recorded the second repeat that's just finished thinking it was series 2. Possibly.

Yes, definitely watch series 1 first, TG
    Forum Member
    Aaargh. Many apologies - total senior moment. Just checked and I have recorded series 1 but was utterly convinced it was series 2 for some strange reason.

I have form in this respect as I did the same thing last year by not recording Spiral 2 as I was convinced I'd seen it so am now stuck waiting for the repeat before I watch my recordings of Spiral 3!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tellygirl wrote: »
    Aaargh. Many apologies - total senior moment. Just checked and I have recorded series 1 but was utterly convinced it was series 2 for some strange reason.

I have form in this respect as I did the same thing last year by not recording Spiral 2 as I was convinced I'd seen it so am now stuck waiting for the repeat before I watch my recordings of Spiral 3!

There you go then, problem solved:):)

Watch S1 first:p:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Hey, guys, that is the trailer of Romanzo Criminale 2! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP6cMUFifJM
    Forum Member
    Finally got round to watching this and am stunned how good it is. Although I'd copied it off the planner decided to record it again as Sky Arts are showing it in the early hours. I've been so impressed I've been getting up early to catch up on each episode.

As someone who was around at that time I'm also impressed how realistic the era seems almost as though it was filmed then not in present day. My first husband was a dead ringer for the Inspector with the droopy moustache and check jacket!

I've enjoyed it so much I may even watch it again from the beginning now I've got the hang of all the characters.
  • DenleyDenley Posts: 4,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't suppose anyone knows if S1 is available on DVD with English subs yet? I haven't come across an English subbed version in my searches yet.

Thanks in advance, from my freeview tv wasteland.
    Forum Member
    Denley wrote: »
    I don't suppose anyone knows if S1 is available on DVD with English subs yet? I haven't come across an English subbed version in my searches yet.

Thanks in advance, from my freeview tv wasteland.

Well if you weren't such a miser and had Sky, you'd have been able to see it:p:p It's been on THREE times now:p:D:p

Afternoon D, btw;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well if you weren't such a miser and had Sky, you'd have been able to see it:p:p It's been on THREE times now:p:D:p

Afternoon D, btw;)

Hello ILW :D

alright, alright, don't rub it in! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and it's pauper<screechy violins in the background>, not miser. One has and hoardes, the other doesn't have a pot to piss in. :p

Sky is what a zillion pounds a year now? and full of repeats by the sound of it :p:D