Could they set a bond them in the arab states/Middle east?

SJFerrolSJFerrol Posts: 357
Forum Member
Where bond is on a mission to save a group of innocent british aid workers but then gets caught up in a sinister battle when a child is kidnapped

Comments

• tremetreme Posts: 5,445
    Forum Member
    They tried the child thing with Bibi in For Your Eyes Only, and Bond nearly boned her. He also pushed that poor kid off the boat in The Man with the Golden Gun just for trying to sell him a wooden elephant.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,293
    Forum Member
    I hope not

There are SO many movies and TV shows dealing with Middle Eastern/Islamic terrorism that Bond doesn't need to cover that ground too.
  • CMCM Posts: 33,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends what a Them is ?
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't one of the locations in one of the Timothy Dalton ones set in the Middle East?
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bloody hope not.

I'm so bored with the whole Middle East / Islamic terrorism thing that I nowadays avoid new releases featuring those. It's seriously an overkill.

I don't think that saving-innocent-British-aid-workers storyline is Bond's style, anyway. Not unless one of those aid workers is a daughter of a dead 00 agent mother and a billionaire stroking-chin villain father.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,293
    Forum Member
    I want to see a supervillain again

I don't care about dweebs trying to win card games, or seize water supplies, or get revenge on MI6

I want a Stromberg or Drax type villain, who wants to take over the world. He needs to have henchmen, wearing uniforms with an evil logo on them. He needs a lair.