:D

Don't call me Shirley:)
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Wow.

I normally live in the Movie / Gaming forums and this thread would be a lot different if you did put it in the Movies section. The answers here are films that are mostly 20+ years old. If this was the Movies forum I think there's be a lot more recent ones on here.

Interesting stuff !
  • SilvioDanteSilvioDante Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caddyshack
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Local Hero
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Wow.

I normally live in the Movie / Gaming forums and this thread would be a lot different if you did put it in the Movies section. The answers here are films that are mostly 20+ years old. If this was the Movies forum I think there's be a lot more recent ones on here.

Interesting stuff !

That's why I don't understand all the self-appointed moderators on here who moan about threads like this being in the wrong section.

The movies forum tends to attract hardcore film nuts more than your average viewer. Sometimes it's nice to see what replies you get in GD with a less rigid "community".
  • gouldfathergouldfather Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's why I don't understand all the self-appointed moderators on here who moan about threads like this being in the wrong section.

The movies forum tends to attract hardcore film nuts more than your average viewer. Sometimes it's nice to see what replies you get in GD with a less rigid "community".

Ha ha that's a good point. Have you tried the 'radio' forum people are seriously introspective in there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Wow.

Interesting stuff !

You sound on the verge of orgasmic Yuffie, I don't post in the Movies section, its a bit more light-hearted if a movie, music or tv thread appears here, its pretty rare though. I love a good movie, maybe take a peek at the Movie Forum some time. Cheers
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harold and Maude cracks me up.
    Then the usuals such as Dumb and Dumber, Top Secret, Life of Brian, Man With Two Brains, The Jerk, etc

Can't disagree with Young Frankenstein though.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member

It is nice to see some different points of view. Sometimes you get bored with the rubbish fanboy talk.

You sound on the verge of orgasmic Yuffie, I don't post in the Movies section, its a bit more light-hearted if a movie, music or tv thread appears here, its pretty rare though. I love a good movie, maybe take a peek at the Movie Forum some time. Cheers

Orgasmic. Dunno about that.
    Ah ya the movies forum is pretty good for discussing whats relevant at the minute, and there's a few nostalgic threads too :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this should be in the movies forum
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    this should be in the movies forum

No it shouldn't.

Why bother to comment only to say that?
  • Psycho_KittyPsycho_Kitty Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few that have been mentioned I like and also:-

There's something about Mary and Happy Gilmore! :D
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    No it shouldn't.

Why bother to comment only to say that?

yes it should
  • UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes it should
    Do you read threads or just moan about them? Maybe the OP felt like answers from a different crowd.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    Greedy - Michael J Fox
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Withnail, Galaxy Quest, Team America
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    Glowbot wrote: »
    Withnail, Galaxy Quest, Team America
    I love Galaxy Quest too. :D
  • ML11ML11 Posts: 888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blockheads - Laurel & Hardy. That kid in the stairs with the ball is priceless the way it rebounds where it slams into the man on the phone messing up his hair. I'll tell you, nothing can beat that scene....

This is also a good scene http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxrxvbXvqnY
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,164
    Forum Member
    Nothing beats Airplane!
  • BarbraBarbra Posts: 15,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A close call between:

Coming to America (Eddie Murphy - genius)
    and
    Brewsters Millions (Richard Pryor - insanely funny)