Pace HD problem

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
Forum Member
Apparently there is a problem with some new Pace HD boxes and they are to be systematically replaced. This could involve swapping out up to 90000 boxes. :eek:

Comments

• michael37michael37 Posts: 2,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skygaz wrote: »
    Apparently there is a problem with some new Pace HD boxes and they are to be systematically replaced. This could involve swapping out up to 90000 boxes. :eek:

Source?
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skygaz wrote: »

Source please.

And how does this apply to Tesco boxes which were all Pace?

We have had ours two months without issue.
  • MikeMcrMikeMcr Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    I hope these sources have been verified. If you search Google, there was a similar thread today on AVForums. It has now been deleted... :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MikeMcr wrote: »
    I hope these sources have been verified. If you search Google, there was a similar thread today on AVForums. It has now been deleted... :rolleyes:

I noticed that and given that (according to googles page cache) it has the immortal words
    This is not a hoax

I have my own suspicions about this one. If it is a safety related issue Sky will be required by law to issue a press release warning owners to unplug their boxes, so we will know for sure within 24 hours.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,512
    Forum Member
    Link to cached version for anyone interested.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so whats wrong with the boxes? i might of had a one,(it was knacking)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no reason for a mass-recall unless there is a serious safety issue, ie. they're overheating and catching fire.

Since Pace nor Sky have issued an urgent message over the air, on either website, or via the usual channels for this kind of thing, it seems unlikely. Not to mention nobody has ever reported such an issue.

There is just no source for this whatsoever.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure it's a hoax.

I always wonder why hoaxers feel the need to put "This is not a hoax" in their messages. Surely it does not take a rocket scientist to realise that not putting that particular dead giveaway in it would increase the number of folks taken in.

The only reason I can think for the thread being deleted on avforums would be if the (alledged) OP's account had been hacked and they subsequently complained.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BREAKING NEWS!!!!!(!)
    i am the developer for the new epg and it was me that pinpointed the fault.
    DONT ever leave your box alone, the latest update caused it to require more power, the circuts will burn up really soon and catch fire , i am 15.
    this is not a hoax
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BREAKING NEWS!!!!!(!)
    DONT ever leave your box alone, the latest update caused it to require more power, the circuts will burn up really soon and catch fire , i am 15.
    this is not a hoax

omfgl;ololol

*puts box in the bin*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tell me one fact i have told you
    to see if i am a hoax
  • pogitpogit Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BREAKING NEWS!!!!!(!)
    this is not a hoax

not that i want to be a spoil sport or anything but as the thread in on another forum was deleted. and some ppl on here don't sem to have alot of common sense was that really a good thing to say? at the very least i doubt pace/sky would be best pleased that you maybe unduly worring their customers.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i was tryingto take some liquid waste product of the body secreted by the kidneys by a process of filtration from blood called urination and excreted through the urethra
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pogit wrote: »
    not that i want to be a spoil sport or anything but as the thread in on another forum was deleted. and some ppl on here don't sem to have alot of common sense was that really a good thing to say? at the very least i doubt pace/sky would be best pleased that you maybe unduly worring their customers.....

The "I am 15" bit pretty much sealed that post up as sarcasm. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The "I am 15" bit pretty much sealed that post up as sarcasm. :p

TheAmazingDanny

I take the point you made when posting to my Direct debit statement........................!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 errors
    1. wrong quote
    2. I am 15(that was the only truth)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    Had a phone call from Sky, they are coming Monday to swap out my Tesco bought Pace HD box and are giving me three months free HD subscription. They asked for my password and have given me a job number. The man at the end of the phone said 7000 boxes are being replaced but he didn't know why.

Wonder if I will get a new box as the old one can't be three months old yet
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smjxm09 wrote: »
    Had a phone call from Sky, they are coming Monday to swap out my Tesco bought Pace HD box and are giving me three months free HD subscription

NOW THAT IS A LIE.!!!!............Tesco have never bought a PACE HD Box.
    Forum Member
    NOW THAT IS A LIE.!!!!............Tesco have never bought a PACE HD Box.

Listen sunshine. This is the last time I will say this. I bought a Pace HD box from Tesco just before Christmas and tonight Sky phoned me up to arrange for a box swap. As compensation they will give me 3 months free HD subscription which isn’t bad seeing that I don’t have an HD subscription on that particular box.

I will await your apology.
  • ProDaveProDave Posts: 11,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If this IS true, what about all the people who have bought one privately say from ebay etc?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Listen sunshine. This is the last time I will say this.

I will await your apology.

As John McEnroe would say " YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS".....if you had read my Post, I did not say you had not bought a PACE HD box, I said TESCO HAD NEVER BOUGHT A PACE HD BOX"
    It is called "a play on words" and was meant as a funny.........oh never mind......it went over your head anyway.

No apology needed in my humble opinion.
    Forum Member
    I almost died laughing
    Forum Member
    ProDave wrote: »
    If this IS true, what about all the people who have bought one privately say from ebay etc?

Well I bought mine privately from Tesco and did not take up the Sky offer that was conditional with Tesco. In fact I told Sky it was bought independently. Sky only know about my box because I did a card swap.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky only know about my box because I did a card swap

Was it connected to your 50" or one of the three 32" TVs you have???:D