Chucklevision on DVD

Comments

• ChuckleVision7ChuckleVision7 Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    Jenkins123 wrote: »
    Sad news. The ChuckleVision film has been cancelled due to financial reasons.

I am afraid to say that this is partly true but Paul's son has confirmed that it has been put on hold and not cancelled. But I have to say myself like the new series this will probably take a long while to come about. What I say is the BBC should help to fund the Chuckles especially after keeping them on their television screens for over 20 years!
    I was looking forward to the film. :(

How do we know for sure that a new series is due this year?

They said that last year!

We can't be too sure but the best advice I can offer is befriending Barry on Facebook that is how I have got in contact with him and managed to find out some information about the Series. But I will say now that Barry has told me that Series 22 has been put on the backburner once again! I really don't know what the problem and is and I am praying that the Series will be broadcast this year.
    benwho wrote: »
    i hope there will be its the 25th aniversary thats reason enough even if they just do a one off sepicial

Again the only information I have seen is on Wikipedia but I am definately not believing the news until it has been offically confirmed by the Chuckles themselves. John Sayle hopes to write a special for it and hopefully the BBC will do something for the 25th anniversary compared to thei effortless attempt five years ago!
  • DanielWhitDanielWhit Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can we just.. fund it ourselves by clubbing together?
  • benwhobenwho Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    if i do a search on barry on facebook do i search for barry chuckle or use his real sirname which i dont know
    Forum Member
    DanielWhit wrote: »
    Can we just.. fund it ourselves by clubbing together?

We could...if they would let us...but I will say now if I won the lottery I would pass at least some of the money on so that this film and the new series can be produced or it will never get done!
    if i do a search on barry on facebook do i search for barry chuckle or use his real sirname which i dont know

No. I would recommend typing "Chuckle" because this just brings up fakes. Try "Elliott" this should bring up the genuine result. If you still can't find him tell me and I will send you a link.
  • AidanLunnAidanLunn Posts: 5,320
    Forum Member
    I am afraid to say that this is partly true but Paul's son has confirmed that it has been put on hold and not cancelled. But I have to say myself like the new series this will probably take a long while to come about. What I say is the BBC should help to fund the Chuckles especially after keeping them on their television screens for over 20 years!

With the BBC having to make almost 20% budget cuts due to the last licence fee settlement, I don't think they'll be wanting to splash some cash on what will almost certainly be doomed to failure.

I'll admit now, I wasn't the biggest fan of ChuckleVision when I was a child (I'm now 21), but with how much children's TV (and the audience for it) have changed since 1995/96, I can predict ChuckleVision won't be on our screens much longer, though of course no announcement of that kind has come from the BBC, otherwise you'd all now be foaming at the mouth.
  • benwhobenwho Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    am i right in saying that chucklevision was on tv every year until 2009 and 2010 and 2011 was the 1st time they didnt do a series in a year
  • steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people kick such a fuss up at youtube worrying if people will dl their chuckle vids.

Its the 4th person who says on their account plz dont download our vids. I mean what do they think people will do. Of course we ll dl them thats why their on their. You have to anyway cos otherwise they ll get removed to never see again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    Any more news about Bodger and Badger? Or details of the company so I can enquire?
    Forum Member
    am i right in saying that chucklevision was on tv every year until 2009 and 2010 and 2011 was the 1st time they didnt do a series in a year

Yes you are right Series 21 was shown in December 2009 and since then no more episodes have been made which is sad because they had managed to do a series consistantly for 22 years!
    steven1977 wrote: »
    Why do people kick such a fuss up at youtube worrying if people will dl their chuckle vids.

Its the 4th person who says on their account plz dont download our vids. I mean what do they think people will do. Of course we ll dl them thats why their on their. You have to anyway cos otherwise they ll get removed to never see again.

Well I download the episodes anyway in case they or the user went down which was quite common in the last few years when a user uploaded some rarer episodes and then closed their account a couple of hours later and since it was announced that the bbc were removing the episodes after the dvd release me and many users downloaded them for our own safe viewings in case the episodes were taken down.
    tale1996 wrote: »
    Any more news about Bodger and Badger? Or details of the company so I can enquire?

The company that released 'ChuckleVision' were called Delta Music and I will put a the link below so you can contact them but I haven't heard anything about it but if you ask them they make take it into consideration.

http://www.deltamusic.co.uk/news.php
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    Yes you are right Series 21 was shown in December 2009 and since then no more episodes have been made which is sad because they had managed to do a series consistantly for 22 years!

Well I download the episodes anyway in case they or the user went down which was quite common in the last few years when a user uploaded some rarer episodes and then closed their account a couple of hours later and since it was announced that the bbc were removing the episodes after the dvd release me and many users downloaded them for our own safe viewings in case the episodes were taken down.

The company that released 'ChuckleVision' were called Delta Music and I will put a the link below so you can contact them but I haven't heard anything about it but if you ask them they make take it into consideration.

http://www.deltamusic.co.uk/news.php

Thanks, have contacted via Twitter and I am awaiting a reply.
  • AidanLunnAidanLunn Posts: 5,320
    Forum Member

Might be something to do with the fact that the uploader usually doesn't own any rights to the programme and is therefore illegally stealing and uploading/downloading something that doesn't belong to them.

They're not even supposed to be uploading them in the first place, but the reason they are against others downloading from them is because a) they're the ones who went to the effort of transcoding the analogue material to digital and then uploading to Youtube b) if there are copies of the original YouTube copy of a video file, then some who download them will then upload their downloaded copy - thereby making two videos of the same video on Youtube and thus doubling the risk of both the uploaders of that video file getting caught and their accounts, some with many hundreds of rare videos, taken down.
    Forum Member
    Well if the BBC won't bother to release the show or shows onto dvd then this would be one of the only ways that people would get to see the shows they love/loved. I know it is illegal but if the BBC had done this years ago then maybe this would have never happened!
    Forum Member
    Just a bit of a heads up if anyone is interested as Delta have informed me on their Facebook page that although they don't have a release date yet they have had a first look at the artwork and using the statistics from last time I estimate a June release because the previous artwork was released two months before the actual release so we will hopefully be looking at a glance of the DVD artwork by Easter hopefully! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AidanLunn wrote: »
    Might be something to do with the fact that the uploader usually doesn't own any rights to the programme and is therefore illegally stealing and uploading/downloading something that doesn't belong to them.

They're not even supposed to be uploading them in the first place, but the reason they are against others downloading from them is because a) they're the ones who went to the effort of transcoding the analogue material to digital and then uploading to Youtube b) if there are copies of the original YouTube copy of a video file, then some who download them will then upload their downloaded copy - thereby making two videos of the same video on Youtube and thus doubling the risk of both the uploaders of that video file getting caught and their accounts, some with many hundreds of rare videos, taken down.

Well Sooteries does this as well with his sooty vids.

Personally if your that worried about people downloading your vids dont upload them in the first place. Not sure why people would dl it then reupload people normally dl it so they can burn it to dvd.
    Forum Member
    The Series 2 DVD release has now been delayed until September because they think it is best to get all the big events of the year out of the way first (Jubilee, Olympics) and then release it in September, so now no Series 3 release I'm afraid for anyone who was looking forward to the release this year! :(
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Series 2 was passed by the bbfc today:

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/AVV290207/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news. Loved watching this show, growing up.
    Forum Member
    That's great news!! Thanks for posting JCR :) I have been waiting for it to be classified and it is interesting to find out the details :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now they need to test the waters with a S1-5 boxset.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Superbeast wrote: »
    Surely you only need to see one episode to have seen them all. Who wants to sit through hours of the same premise, catchphrases and actors doing the same things over and over and over. At least Little Britain has some variety to it, how many times does anyone need to watch Barry Chuckle break something and Paul try to fix it or find a replacement before the fat boss finds out and they have to run away? Watching a box set of Chucklevision sounds like a version of Hell.

People say the same about keeping up appearances. Hyacinth hosts a candlelight supper and gets embarrased by her poor relatives every episode...
    Forum Member
    Now they need to test the waters with a S1-5 boxset.

Yeah many people have wanted that to happen, but Delta have said that it is unlikely that they would do a multi-boxset, which is a shame because it will take years to get the whole show out on dvd :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah many people have wanted that to happen, but Delta have said that it is unlikely that they would do a multi-boxset, which is a shame because it will take years to get the whole show out on dvd :(

They need to do one. Fans are sick of these single releases. They like the whole thing or a pack of series.

Companies like Delta just cant understand that when you release a couple series and then dont do the rest it p**ses fans off who ve bought them if they cant complete their collection.
    Forum Member
    They need to do one. Fans are sick of these single releases. They like the whole thing or a pack of series.

Companies like Delta just cant understand that when you release a couple series and then dont do the rest it p**ses fans off who ve bought them if they cant complete their collection.

Yeah that is true, but Delta are quite a basic and limited company. Most of their releases are either for Children or single and I couldn't see them doing a 21 series boxset, we would need the BBC or a much better company for that. I am thankful for Delta for releasing Series 1 so far and Series 2 later this year as they are the very rare and series we would never see again, but if the likeliehood is that they stop releasing after a few more series, then someone should try at least persuading the BBC to do a complete boxset, once the series is completely finished and this will be overjoy fans, but that would be the BBC being very generous, which they haven't been with ChuckleVision in the past.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah that is true, but Delta are quite a basic and limited company. Most of their releases are either for Children or single and I couldn't see them doing a 21 series boxset, we would need the BBC or a much better company for that. I am thankful for Delta for releasing Series 1 so far and Series 2 later this year as they are the very rare and series we would never see again, but if the likeliehood is that they stop releasing after a few more series, then someone should try at least persuading the BBC to do a complete boxset, once the series is completely finished and this will be overjoy fans, but that would be the BBC being very generous, which they haven't been with ChuckleVision in the past.

Ive not bought either and probably dont plan to until they get it sorted or the BBC does something.

After getting shafted out by the Bread ones that got released only doing the first 3 series even though the set claimed it was 4 series when it wasent I dont plan to buy another single release again.
    Forum Member
    Ive not bought either and probably dont plan to until they get it sorted or the BBC does something.

After getting shafted out by the Bread ones that got released only doing the first 3 series even though the set claimed it was 4 series when it wasent I dont plan to buy another single release again.

Well I am going to buy them because I am a big fan of the show. If the BBC DID decide to do something then I would only buy it if it was remastered or contained some rare footage, outtakes or extras, which would be great, if any survives at least!