Misheard words in Songs

***KEL******KEL*** Posts: 520
Forum Member
✭✭
I always thought for years that in 'Your the one that i want' she said 'Tell me about it Stir' instead of 'stud' and in a blue song i thought it said 'dancing like an egghead' instead of 'dancing like your naked' ....

Comments

• InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "What have I become? My Swedish friend" - Hurt by NiN. Should of course be sweetest friend.
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "So show me that you're gay!" Should be game.

Scandalous- Mis Teeq
  • ***KEL******KEL*** Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha :) always funny to hear misheard songs. I got more jus cant think of them ...
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erh also I used to think the chorus Tori Amos Cornflake girl was "You bet your life fat ass."
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LDR - Burning Desire
    "I got a burn in this eye for you baby":D
  • pixiegirl123pixiegirl123 Posts: 15,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In Naive by The Kooks, I thought the the lyrics were "I know, she knows, that I'm not from Alaska"it is actually "I'm not fond of asking", which makes more sense :o:D
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    'You can't hide your lion eyes' - Eagles : Lyin' Eyes
  • Super_FurrySuper_Furry Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Be careful. Peter Kay might steal the jokes for his next DVD from this thread...
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    In the song La Isla Bonita I can hear the correct lyrics very clearly but some people can hear Madonna singing 'young girl with eyes like potatoes' when it's actually 'eyes like the desert'.

Also in the same song: once again I can hear the correct lyric 'last night I dreamt of San Pedro' but some hear 'last night I dreamt of some bagels'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the Stooshe song Black Heart, I always thought they were singing 'its big and its black and I love it like that', they are actually saying 'he's big and he's bad, i love him like mad' :o
  • pasodabblepasodabble Posts: 5,865
    Forum Member
    The first time I heard Blind faith by Chase and Status I thought the chorus was "sweet sexy time" (and not "sweet sensation"). It was from my tinny iphone speaker so understandable I think!
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kylie - Shocked

'I was rocked to my very foundations'

- change the rocked...
  • chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    Gaga's Bad Romance -

"I want your psycho, your vertical stick,
    Whilst you're admiring your baby is sick, I want your love...
    LOVE LOVE LOVE I want your love!"

Should be "Want you in my rear window baby you're sick"
  • chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    Ooh! And another Gaga one:

"Don't call my name.
    Don't call my name, Alejandro.
    I'm not your babe.
    I'm not your babe, Fernando.

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch.
    Just want my cigarette butt,
    Don't call my name.
    Don't call my name, Roberto."

Should be:
    "
    Just smoke my cigarrette and hush."
  • Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happens in the Dark by Jedward - I used to hear 'Feel my balls' but it's actually 'Feel my pulse'.
  • Black VelvetBlack Velvet Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember a presenter once on my local radio station telling us listeners to listen real good to one of the lines in the Shania Twain song 'That don't impress me much'. The part when she sings "I can't believe you kiss your car at night." Only thing it doesn't sound like she's singing that. It does sound like she's singing "I can't believe you kiss your coc* at night." Give it a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqFLXayD6e8
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,759
    Forum Member
    Really embarrassed about this one but I'm convinced that Sharleen Spiteri sings "I'm not eating mincemeat, something's you just can't ignore" on the Texas track 'once in a lifetime' but I'm told she sings "ill never be in between".. God knows why I think it though
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Don't accept the rimjob' :o by The Noisettes :p
  • bingomanbingoman Posts: 23,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    REM -The Sisewinder sleeps tonite- the Try not to wake her i thought was Calling Cheryl Baker only to here again years later my mistake:D:o
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This pretty funny :D

In DNA by Little Mix it sounds like Jade's saying I ****ing feel him in my veins when its If I cant feel him in my veins lol.
  • Theo_BearTheo_Bear Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The old one about Billy Ocean singing "When the go and get stuffed" still works.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In Naive by The Kooks, I thought the the lyrics were "I know, she knows, that I'm not from Alaska"it is actually "I'm not fond of asking", which makes more sense :o:D

I used to think it was ''i'm not from the rough stain'' then my friend pointed out it was ''not fond of asking'' was lik ooooh :D

Also i swore Slidwinder sleppes tonight was ''calling chad baker'' :D
  • tortfeasortortfeasor Posts: 7,000
    Forum Member
    Really embarrassed about this one but I'm convinced that Sharleen Spiteri sings "I'm not eating mincemeat, something's you just can't ignore" on the Texas track 'once in a lifetime' but I'm told she sings "ill never be in between".. God knows why I think it though

No, you shouldn't be embarrassed about that! I know the exact line that you mean and it was one of those that I just thought "don't know what she's singing, oh well I won't even bother trying to guess" situations for me. In fact, when I first heard the song I thought it was 'one summer night-time' that she was singing instead of 'Once in a Lifetime'! I really liked that song though.

On a slightly related note, I got to meet Sharleen once and she was so down to earth, and very funny too.
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Abba - Super Trouper

"when I saw you last night in Tesco"
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kylie Minogue - Slow
    "Pull f*ckers up closer to you and me":o