Things people think about you ON-LINE. Do you agree?

Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
Forum Member
✭✭
I have been called: stupid, effusive, over emotional, gushing, unstable, vindictive, bitchy, nasty, pain in the arse, mod lover, divvy, weird, creep, horrible, etc amongst others.

Thing is these things are ALL true to a certain degree. Even this thread is memememe :D

Nobody can accuse me of lying, bigotry or backstabbing but apart from that I 'own' all those things in the first paragraph, ergo they can't 'touch me'.

Once you think about it. Do people kinda capture the negative things about you?

Comments

• vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, because this is only part of me for starters. And secondly the amount of stuff that's written about me that is flat out untrue is absurd. Not opinions but just simple falsehoods. Meh *shrugs*
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    I understand that there are some people who believe me to be arrogant, for reasons which I cannot understand, but the opinions of such petty, insignificant fools mean absolutely nothing to a person of my vast intellect. :cool:
  • swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People online think I iz well fick. Nolo contendere.
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You buggers :D
    My point is, once you point out your own flaws the trolls gain no ammunition. They become impotent. WIN WIN. It is cathartic :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always been honest on here. I suppose many think i'm a boring old fart. Do I care, not a jot.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Joni M wrote: »
    I have been called: stupid, effusive, over emotional, gushing, unstable, vindictive, bitchy, nasty, pain in the arse, mod lover, divvy, weird, creep, horrible, etc amongst others.

Thing is these things are ALL true to a certain degree. Even this thread is memememe :D

Nobody can accuse me of lying, bigotry or backstabbing but apart from that I 'own' all those things in the first paragraph, ergo they can't 'touch me'.

You name it, I've had it said about me, no matter what it is, just about. I mentioned this only the other day.

I think about the only thing left now is accused of being a serial killer or paedophile. I'm sure somebody will try to accuse me of that as well, sooner rather than later, no doubt.

And FWIW Joni, I think you are a pretty decent poster.

Well, it was actually only yesterday.
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=70696915&postcount=41
    Forum Member
    sweh wrote: »
    People online think I iz well fick. Nolo contendere.

Yo iz down wit da txt baybee, innit dudess.

jOo R Down W17 7h3 73x7 5p33k 848Y, 4r3'n7 joo DooD55.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a fickle slag.
    Forum Member
    I'm a fickle slag.

That's Rio De Janeiro for you. I'm from Luton, so I'm automatically a terrorist, a terrifying Jewish terrorist.

See Achmed The Dead Terrorist.

Jeff Dunham - Spark of Insanity - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_jU3FdnNoc
    Forum Member
    woodbush wrote: »
    I suppose many think i'm a boring old fart.

From what I can gather, you are anything but.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    no, they`re generally waaaay off the mark.

for the record:

my kids are well balanced, productive members of society and great parents, who, in common with me, would help their worst enemy if they caught them in distress.

i don`t tell lies, in real life i have a reputation for being honest and direct.

i`m not lazy and i don`t sit around on here refreshing pages, i`m always doing several things at once between which i constantly flick.

i`m not actually a negative person, it`s my sense of humour and i`m taking the piss, normally out of myself.
  • *animasana**animasana* Posts: 1,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

for the record:

my kids are well balanced, productive members of society and great parents, who, in common with me, would help their worst enemy if they caught them in distress.

i don`t tell lies, in real life i have a reputation for being honest and direct.

i`m not lazy and i don`t sit around on here refreshing pages, i`m always doing several things at once between which i constantly flick.

i`m not actually a negative person, it`s my sense of humour and i`m taking the piss, normally out of myself.

On short 'acquaintance', & FWIW, that's pretty much how I perceive you to be.

I guess it can sometimes be perplexing/bizarre, or even upsetting, when some random keyboard warrior, who knows zilch about you in RL, spouts what they consider to be a spot-on assessment of your character. But to quote that old, worn-out cliche: it really is all just words on a screen.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think of it a bit like those newspaper cartoon drawings of various public figures - a parody or caricature, deliberately exaggerating what in reality is a slight trend towards....whatever it may be.

Not to be taken too seriously.
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    You need to give it up the day you start to think too deeply about what people using an anonymous internet message board think about you.
  • *animasana**animasana* Posts: 1,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joni, it's exactly as blueblade says: "not to be taken seriously" (and you know it!)

Besides, be honest, don't you feel a bit daft & hacked off with yourself when you let some cyber prat's words get to you?;-)
    Forum Member
    On short 'acquaintance', & FWIW, that's pretty much how I perceive you to be.

I guess it can sometimes be perplexing/bizarre, or even upsetting, when some random keyboard warrior, who knows zilch about you in RL, spouts what they consider to be a spot-on assessment of your character. But to quote that old, worn-out cliche: it really is all just words on a screen.

thank you:).

normally i find it amusing because i know who i am but on very bad days it can be triggering, mind you so can a lot of things :rollem:
  • GonerilGoneril Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand what you mean,Joni. I have came to the conclusion that the people that are most vocal about others faults are the ones least likely to be aware of their own.
    I know that I have a temper,that I can be nasty when standing my corner...or more likely, other peoples. I know that I can be considered secretive because I don't share every aspect of my life,and I know I can be a troll's dream as I bite back,or rather bite back on others behalf.
    My good points,well, I can be loyal,caring,and a damn good listener that doesn't divulge what you tell me in confidence...ever.
    I have been stabbed in the back more times than I can count on forums,so now, I have decided that apart from DS they're really not for me.I think I have seen just how evil people can be on them and it's just not worth it.
    Forum Member
    You're a decent poster annette, IMO. We may have had our disagreements in the past (I can't remember right now to be sure), but essentially today is another day and we move on, with one or three exceptions. :)
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Sometimes yes sometimes no

In 17 years of using the internet and various forums there is probably not much that has not been said about or thought me
    Forum Member
    jra wrote: »
    You're a decent poster annette, IMO. We may have had our disagreements in the past (I can't remember right now to be sure), but essentially today is another day and we move on, with one or three exceptions. :)

thank you, that`s a nice thing to say.:).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You buggers :D
    My point is, once you point out your own flaws the trolls gain no ammunition. They become impotent. WIN WIN. It is cathartic :D

If you're sensitive enough to be smashed down by a random, then you shouldn't give out your personal deets to the trolls.

But I'm made of stone and don't really care for what a troll thinks of me. Usually behind the desk of a Troll is a sad lonely un-happy person.

But I've been called everything from one point to another..

Mainly a "Nerd" or a "Spice boy"
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea what people think about me online, I don't even have much of a clue about what people in real life think about me. It's not something I give a lot of head space to either.
  • LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

for the record:

That's pretty much what I'd have thought of you - kind, funny, honest and bright.
  • LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On our local community forum the other day, I was told that I only come online to moan!

There's some truth in that, as our local council(s) are pretty rubbish and I go on there for a good rant. I don't moan all the time in RL though, honest.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DrSleep wrote: »
    If you're sensitive enough to be smashed down by a random, then you shouldn't give out your personal deets to the trolls.

But I'm made of stone and don't really care for what a troll thinks of me. Usually behind the desk of a Troll is a sad lonely un-happy person.

But I've been called everything from one point to another..

Mainly a "Nerd" or a "Spice boy"

What's a spice boy?