Question regarding Wind Waker HD bundle

Jon79Jon79 Posts: 1,400
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I caved in and bought it with the plan to sell it on next year. However as Wind Waker is download only will i still be able to sell it on with the console i.e. will the buyer be able to create a profile and still play Wind Waker?

Comments

• OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Jon79 wrote: »
    I caved in and bought it with the plan to sell it on next year. However as Wind Waker is download only will i still be able to sell it on with the console i.e. will the buyer be able to create a profile and still play Wind Waker?

Yes, just pass code lock your user account an the new owner can create a user account on it and play Zelda with their own save. Up to 12 accounts can play the game on the Wii U.

However, if you sell it, then buy another one, don't expect to be able to use that account again as Nintendo are still stuck in the 90's and can't (more like won't) let you move your account to another Wii U, so all your online progress, friends & eshop purchases go out the window :mad:
  • Jon79Jon79 Posts: 1,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    Yes, just pass code lock your user account an the new owner can create a user account on it and play Zelda with their own save. Up to 12 accounts can play the game on the Wii U.

However, if you sell it, then buy another one, don't expect to be able to use that account again as Nintendo are still stuck in the 90's and can't (more like won't) let you move your account to another Wii U, so all your online progress, friends & eshop purchases go out the window :mad:

So i couldn't delete my account before passing it on? I don't plan on buying anything on-line so there's no risk in leaving my account on there with a pass lock but the OCD in me would love to delete it and then pass it on.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Zelda would be tied to your account as it's a downloadable eshop game. I'm not sure if it'll still be playable on the Wii U if you delete the account it was downloaded through. Maybe best to download Zelda through a dummy account and simply call it 'Zelda' & play it in your account. Then, when you're done, just delete your account but keep the Zelda account on the Wii U
  • omipaloneomipalone Posts: 11,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't realise that all those little squiqqles on the gamepad meant something but apparently they do . . . .

Source - IGN (scroll down the page to decipher the script)