Indian Food

13»

Comments

• Cougar GirlCougar Girl Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sambda wrote: »
    Known technically by the medical profession as "ring sting".[/QUOTE]

Sounds excruciating :D. Hubby is taking me to an indian restaurant this weekend. Supposed to be very nice food served at it. Fingers crossed. X
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sambda wrote: »
    Known technically by the medical profession as "ring sting".[/QUOTE]

Sounds excruciating :D. Hubby is taking me to an indian restaurant this weekend. Supposed to be very nice food served at it. Fingers crossed. X

Cool :)

Just remember to use your womanly charms - and blame him if you don't enjoy it and demand he takes you to another place next week :)

Seriously though, if you're uncertain about what to try, ask the staff - they should be able to offer good advice (provided that this isn't one of those places stuck in the 70's where the staff refuse to speak to women)

Good luck, and enjoy the food :)
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thats cool. I hope you enjoy it. You'll have to come back to the thread and tell us what you had and if you liked it.
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used the same Indian Restaurant for deliveries for about 12 years (Zachary's in Hounslow).

The food was absolutely amazing. They did a dish called a chicken Rezala (very hot) which was positively addictive. If I didn't have it for a few weeks I would get withdrawal symptoms.

Then they shut down :(

In trying to find a replacement I have realised how diverse in quality they are these days. Some of the restaurants I have tried have been truly awful.

Luckily I have now found a good one again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi guys. Well the time eventually came and me and the OH went out to our local Indian restaurant. I tried the Karahi Nawabi, which consisted off Chicken, king prawns and fresh mushrooms cooked with onions, tomatos and home made garlic-chilli sauce. "Chef's Speciality apparantely" lol). Verdict, I hated it unfortunately. I don't think i'm cut out for Indian food. Atleast I gave it another shot. :(
  • PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi guys. Well the time eventually came and me and the OH went out to our local Indian restaurant. I tried the Karahi Nawabi, which consisted off Chicken, king prawns and fresh mushrooms cooked with onions, tomatos and home made garlic-chilli sauce. "Chef's Speciality apparantely" lol). Verdict, I hated it unfortunately. I don't think i'm cut out for Indian food. Atleast I gave it another shot. :(

Go Korma. Problem solved.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to love going to an Indian Buffet Chicken Tikka Karahi was my favourite, havent been for years .. used to go a lot with family but my son got diagnosed diabetic and although we do still get takeaways its usually chinese :( hmmmm i think an indian will need to be next weekends treat
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PrestonAl wrote: »

Korma is lovely if you dont want anything spicy or a chicken tikka masala cant go wrong with them :)
  • NewExampleNewExample Posts: 1,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Indian takeaways and restaurants. I also make bloody good Indian and Jamaican curries, even if I say so myself ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NewExample wrote: »
    I love Indian takeaways and restaurants. I also make bloody good Indian and Jamaican curries, even if I say so myself ;)

When do you want me and the OH over, for your famous Indian curry then? :p
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,564
    Forum Member

Spice is not the issue for some people.
  • fast leftfast left Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    treefr0g wrote: »
    I used the same Indian Restaurant for deliveries for about 12 years (Zachary's in Hounslow).

The food was absolutely amazing. They did a dish called a chicken Rezala (very hot) which was positively addictive. If I didn't have it for a few weeks I would get withdrawal symptoms.

Then they shut down :(

In trying to find a replacement I have realised how diverse in quality they are these days. Some of the restaurants I have tried have been truly awful.

Luckily I have now found a good one again.

i'm still trying to find a decent indian :( so many bad expensive and bland ones about.it makes me wonder about peoples taste buds,or lack of :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verdict, I hated it unfortunately. I don't think i'm cut out for Indian food. Atleast I gave it another shot. :(

Bah... you tried, though - give you that.

(but doesn't like curry???!?, Shish! <g>)
  • chuckleberrychuckleberry Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Durban Mutton Curry and Durban Prawn Curry.

Does anyone know of a restaurant in the UK that serves it?
    We used to go to the Seabelle on the North Coast of Kwa-Zulu Natal. Made the best curry I've ever tasted anywhere.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Korma is not very nice in my opinion. It's not that it's far less spicy then other curries but that it looks and tastes awful.

A Biriyani might be an option.
  • SHAFTSHAFT Posts: 4,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spice is not the issue for some people.

And people obviously still don't get this!

"I don't like Indian food."
    "Why don't you try a korma or a tikka dish?"
    "Ummm, because I don't like Indian food."
    Forum Member
    SHAFT wrote: »

Nail on head.
  • Harry BushmayerHarry Bushmayer Posts: 543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's quite a ridculous argument you've put forward, to be fair.

It's not as if Indian food is just one flavour. There's many dishes with many flavours. I'm almost certain there's some Indian foods you would like.
  • SHAFTSHAFT Posts: 4,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's not as if Indian food is just one flavour. There's many dishes with many flavours. I'm almost certain there's some Indian foods you would like.

Not ridiculous at all. I've probably tried more Indian dishes than most people here over the years. Hated all of them.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not ridiculous at all. I've probably tried more Indian dishes than most people here over the years. Hated all of them.

Yet people like other spicy food and they cant say why. It must just be the continent.
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strange, in all my travels around the world, I've never been to a country where I don't like at least some of the dishes.
    Forum Member

Yet there are people out there who don't like it. So you are wrong.