Forum Member
Sack Kay Burley: top Twitter trend

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/blog/2010/may/08/kay-burley-sky-news-twitter

"Kay Burley bullies a protester in the name of journalism"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELJh2bTK1ew

Comments

• MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    She is dreadful - but compelling viewing.

I suggest Sky second her to Fox News to gain more experience - they do right wing bias there with much more credibility.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's a terrible presenter. But I would.
  • cleocleo Posts: 4,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the link. I was watching BBC at the time.

I saw the bit where the crowd were shouting "Sack Kay Burley" etc and I loved that

How atrocious was she:eek:

If she wants to do a Paxman style interview ahe needs to be a lot more intelligent and articulate. None of what she said even made sense.

Awful woman
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vile woman, who lacks the balance and grace of Paxman's venom.

I'd still give her one though :eek:
  • Eli CodyEli Cody Posts: 974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The right wing media have been in a desperate state for the last few days:D It's hilarious watching a so called news organisation behaving like that, how can anyone take Sky seriously after the way they've handled this election, they're a pathetic joke.

I'd still slip her a crippler though.
  • hustedhusted Posts: 5,287
    Forum Member
    Her wikipedia page has just been 'hacked'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kay_Burley
  • MagicMonkeyMagicMonkey Posts: 2,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    husted wrote: »
    Sack Kay Burley: top Twitter trend

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/blog/2010/may/08/kay-burley-sky-news-twitter

"Kay Burley bullies a protester in the name of journalism"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELJh2bTK1ew

she is ridiculous, is she trying to be glenn beck?

at least glenn has an opinion show, she is supposed to be a reporter
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,103
    Forum Member
    I think she was on drugs or something.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's supposed to report the news not bully and heckle the people making it.

How she loves her own opinions - I don't think she drew breath there, just kept mouthing to stop him getting a word in.
    Bad form.
  • hustedhusted Posts: 5,287
    Forum Member
    wrong thread
  • gratuitousgratuitous Posts: 1,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's an arsehole..a characature of biased reporting and sour grapes..and one who thinks that activism should be undertaken only by the controlled media.
  • I, CandyI, Candy Posts: 3,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a vile, nasty woman.

I definitely wouldn't either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    I seem to remember her saying something along the lines of the whole of the Eastern Seaboard of the USA being under terrorist attack during her reporting of 9/11.

Her line to Babbs about the demonstrators being better off "Going home and watching on Sky News" was very revealing IMO. Obviously didn't like the idea of uppity democrats on the streets out of control of media spin. Remember that when you next see Sky News covering demonstrations from foreign climes, using the word 'freedom' a lot. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seem to remember her saying something along the lines of the whole of the Eastern Seaboard of the USA being under terrorist attack during her reporting of 9/11.

From Wikipedia:
    Of the 11 September 2001 attacks she said: "If you're just joining us, the entire eastern seaboard of the United States has been decimated by a terrorist attack".

In an interview in February 2008 Burley asked the wife of Suffolk serial killer Steve Wright: "Do you think if you'd had a better sex life he wouldn't have done this?" :eek::mad:

And I saw myself what she said to Peter Andre when she asked him about Reid adopting his children, then saying "I didn't mean to upset you" in a manner suggesting it was all his fault
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh it would make my day. Please say it will be so. Vile woman.
  • SoundburstSoundburst Posts: 13,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is brutal.

I enjoyed dancing on ice when she had her head smashed off the ground. :)

Why didn't he say that they wanted the percentage of the vote to equal seats , meaning Lib Dems would have their fair share of the commons?
  • VellumVellum Posts: 6,825
    Forum Member
    To be fair the same protestors had spent the previous 10 minutes screaming sack Kay Burley and Sky News is shit into a megaphone from 10 yards behind her.

Thought the interview was funny tbh
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vellum wrote: »
    To be fair the same protestors had spent the previous 10 minutes screaming sack Kay Burley and Sky News is shit into a megaphone from 10 yards behind her.

Yes, but they had a point. And a good point at that. Kay Burley is just pointless. :p
  • SoundburstSoundburst Posts: 13,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So?

They're allowed to.

"Down with Murdocracy" is a FABULOUS thing that should be shouted in her face until the day she retires.

She has been a massive sell out , knows it , and was taking her frustration out on that guy.

That is bad journalism.
    Forum Member
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    Yes, but they had a point. And a good point at that. Kay Burley is just pointless. :p

Made the guy look a knob after they did it didn't she :p

Students :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Soundburst wrote: »
    So?

They're allowed to.

"Down with Murdocracy" is a FABULOUS thing that should be shouted in her face until the day she retires.

She has been a massive sell out , knows it , and was taking her frustration out on that guy.

That is bad journalism.

And she is allowed to cross question them :confused:

Do you feel sorry for the pooor little lamb? He should have stood up to her, he got taken apart by a middle aged woman :o

She should accept people screaming at her, but if she questions them harshly we must feel sorry for them and condemn her :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thought the interview was funny tbh

Oh, I thought it had happened the other way round. :)

That explains why she was in a bad mood then, although it doesn't excuse her imo.

I was watching the well informed and reasonable Laura over on BBC, as the protester suggested
  • RubusRooRubusRoo Posts: 10,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry wrote: »
    She's a terrible presenter. But I would.

This.

I would get her to humiliate & emasculate me when I'm on my "vinegar strokes".
    Forum Member
    cleo wrote: »
    Oh, I thought it had happened the other way round. :)

That explains why she was in a bad mood then, although it doesn't excuse her imo.

I was watching the well informed and reasonable Laura over on BBC, as the protester suggested

Laura is nice, but I daresay may have become irritated by a spotty student screaming '**** off Laura' into her face for 10 mins.