"Surviving" on Benefits the real story

2»

Comments

• annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    Care to elaborate on this? It seems to me that you are emulating the people you seem to despise.

+one.
  • MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah because there are hordes of them working and living productive lives already arn't there

Yes there are, They just don't all hit the headlines by dying horrible deaths.
  • tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having had experience of living on benefits when my husband got laid off, I can only assume the people living the life of riley on them must have other forms of income. We got invited to an important family occasion and I had to sell my jewellery so we could afford to go. We used our savings to keep the car on the road for when my husband got work and even managing the money the best we could, just scraped by.
  • SchadenfreudSchadenfreud Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having had experience of living on benefits when my husband got laid off, I can only assume the people living the life of riley on them must have other forms of income. We got invited to an important family occasion and I had to sell my jewellery so we could afford to go. We used our savings to keep the car on the road for when my husband got work and even managing the money the best we could, just scraped by.

Like I said, it seems to be a system you have to 'buy into' from the start in order to get the maximum out of it.
    If you're laid off or whatever, then you get thrown scraps.
  • jaceylaceyjaceylacey Posts: 679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you have to breed loads of kids to see the benefits.