2014 Celebs. Who do we think?

1143144145146147149»

Comments

• *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    So he'll probably have Janette or Ola.

And he could also quite feasibly have Kristina, Joanne and even Aliona ;-)
  • dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    And he could also quite feasibly have Kristina, Joanne and even Aliona ;-)

Give him Kristina and let's hope they're both out ASAP.
  • LamballeLamballe Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    Give him Kristina and let's hope they're both out ASAP.

This is my hope! I know Jordan-BBC relations don't seem exactly rosy right now, but Ola doesn't deserve Greg inflicted on her!
  • CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    My Dad, who is pushing 70, has been an avid fan of X Factor for many years and refuses to watch SCD has been managed to be swayed by myself to give the show a go this year :D. He was impressed when I told him about Greg, Steve and Jenny doing it but the main selling point for him was Bruce no longer doing it and he seemed interested that Claudia is.
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I don't think any of the pros deserve to have Gregg......but unfortunately someone's gotta have him :(
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lamballe wrote: »
    This is my hope! I know Jordan-BBC relations don't seem exactly rosy right now, but Ola doesn't deserve Greg inflicted on her!

I concur.
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,404
    Forum Member
    Muinimula wrote: »
    [I
    My only thought is that I'd rather Gregg Wallace had been replaced by another sportsman. To have a cast of 8 men and the most prominent sportsman be Thom Evans seems a bit odd, but hey.

Simple logistics now mean it is very hard for recently retired sports stars to take part.

Most sport takes place at the weekend, so if the retired sports person wants a career as a presenter or pundit - they will be tied up at the weekend.
    Those who start on a managerial/ coaching career will similarly be busy.

Cricket season has only just finished when Strictly begins, and most other "summer" sports are still ongoing (Rugby League etc).

BBC Sport was relocated to Salford, so even if the BBC could move things around it makes being a regular pundit very difficult.
    Working for another channel than the BBC would also be impossible to fit Strictly around as Sky and BT Sport have midweek and European games to cover, which would disrupt training.
  • IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    I've heard of 5 of them.

I've heard of Pixie Lott but couldn't name her from her photo.

I recognize Judy Murray (but probably as "Andy Murray's Mum", didn't know her first name.
    I recognize Greg Wallace.
    I recognize Tim Wannacott - I hope he does OK, I suspect he's been chosen to be "the old one we're supposed to laugh at"/
    I recognize Jake Thingy but only as Jake Thingy.

Mind, however much I moan about zlebs, and pointlessly partial judges, I will watch every kitsch second..... :D
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,404
    Forum Member
    On the One show, Gabby Logan bringing up "showmances" with Jennifer Gibney.

Reminded me of the Mrs Merton/ Debbie McGee question : "What was it first attracted you to the Millionaire Paul Daniels"

So the sub-text was... "will you be considering leaving your Multi-Millionaire Comedy writer/ performer husband, whose family business, which you are part of, plays to packed out Arenas, and who put you into a movie that topped the box office charts this summer, for a younger male dancer scratching out a living in dance shows ???