Snooker on red button

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
Forum Member
Apologies if this question has been posed before, but why are there never any presenters on the BBC's red-button coverage of snooker?

Where do they go? Leaving the commentators to deliver the whole presentation, leaves a feeling of emptiness.

I would love the red-button edition to have a presenter along with one or two pundits like the BBC 2 shows do.

Comments

• degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Mr Seagull wrote: »
    Apologies if this question has been posed before, but why are there never any presenters on the BBC's red-button coverage of snooker?

Where do they go? Leaving the commentators to deliver the whole presentation, leaves a feeling of emptiness.

I would love the red-button edition to have a presenter along with one or two pundits like the BBC 2 shows do.
    I think it's because they just use the international stream so don't cut back to the BBC stuff.
  • malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,154
    Forum Member
    To save money. They only need to use presenters for the bits they know are being shown on BBC1 or 2. Between frames on the red button streams just having a picture of the table with ambient sound means the commentators can have a drink, go to the loo etc.
  • John259John259 Posts: 28,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMHO the beauty of the red button coverage is not having all the dumbed-down filler trash that infects the BBC2 coverage.
  • ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no I like the quiet serenity of the Red Button coverage, no need to suffer the excruciating banality of Hazel's impenetrable questions and the stifling tediousness of Ken and Stephen's answers.

It doesn't need that much discussion and evaluation, It's a simple game of snooker, it ain't friggin' Finnegan's Wake.