TLC gearing up to storm 2013!!:D

MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.rap-up.com/2012/11/04/tlc-honored-for-outstanding-contribution-at-mobo-awards/

During their MOBO acceptance speech, Chilli and T-Boz confirmed a new album and tour for next year:D
A film about the group is also in the pipeline.

TLC are coming back to save music!! Can't wait to hear what their new material will sound like:cool:

Comments

• TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love this band but I can't help but think they won't be anywhere near as good without Left Eye. I'm always a bit wary when I hear great bands like this are making a comeback because it never seems to be as good as when they were doing their stuff before
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. Without Lisa it doesn't work. They were a 3 piece. I love T Boz and Chilli but they really should just leave it be.

I wonder what actually happened to the solo album T Boz planned? seems like we have wanted forever.
  • Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure how it will work without Lisa but I'm looking forward to hearing T-Boz and Chilli's voices again :D

I just hope they go back to the CrazySexyCool/Fanmail approach of having the 'TLC' sound. Some of the material from their last album was a bit all over the place and producer driven for me.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    T-Boz is featuring on Little Mix's new album so maybe that might help TLC get more exposure in the UK.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Apparently, Left Eye will be a hologram.
    I wish they would leave things be. I loved the daylights out of them but I don't think they should do this as it'll cheapen things.
  • wonderwall2012wonderwall2012 Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    I still can't believe Stooshe dared to cover Waterfalls.

Oh and I agree without Lisa it will never truly be TLC.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Urgh, no, major no no

Without Lisa, it won't work.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently, Left Eye will be a hologram.
    I wish they would leave things be. I loved the daylights out of them but I don't think they should do this as it'll cheapen things.

I think the hologram idea has been dismissed by the group and instead they will just use archive footage of Lisa for her rap parts.

As for the album, Chilli confirmed that the old team from their early work are on board so it looks promising!
    Obviously, Lisa will be sorely missed but I wouldn't write them off either.
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    didnt they say they couldn't be tlc without Lisa Left Eye??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    didnt they say they couldn't be tlc without Lisa Left Eye??

No, they said TLC is forever but they would never try and replace Lisa.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    T-Boz didn't look like T-Boz and didn't seem 'with it' - I was convinced she was an impostor.:confused: Chilli hasn't changed though...
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like one of the only people who never liked them much the first time. No denying they were talented but their music was played so much I got twitchy whenever I'd hear a TLC song. Still do.

I'm pretty sick of all these bands reforming. Most of the time it's clearly desperation/a cash-in...off putting.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,973
    Forum Member
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    T-Boz didn't look like T-Boz and didn't seem 'with it' - I was convinced she was an impostor.:confused: Chilli hasn't changed though...

Doesn't she have some sort of illness? I saw an interview a few years ago about it.
  • XFactorFanatic1XFactorFanatic1 Posts: 1,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should get Lyric Da Queen from X Factor USA to replace Left-Eye.

1) She's a rapper
    2) Her name begins with L
    3) She wears an eye patch.

She's Left-Eye reborn.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

1) She's a rapper

She's Left-Eye reborn.

Just......NO:o

And T-Boz has been through so many health issues. She couldn't even speak properly for ages after having her tumour removed. It is amazing to see her back and ready for a comeback.
    Forum Member

1) She's a rapper

She's Left-Eye reborn.

Absolutely not.
  • XFactorFanatic1XFactorFanatic1 Posts: 1,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    Just......NO:o

And T-Boz has been through so many health issues. She couldn't even speak properly for ages after having her tumour removed. It is amazing to see her back and ready for a comeback.

Oh well what are your suggestions Makosi? You can't have TLC without the L!
    Forum Member
    I've just been watching some old videos from TLC. Lisa really was stunning, wasn't she? She had the most striking eyes.
    Forum Member
    Did anyone else see The Last Days Of Left Eye on VH1 in 2007?

WARNING - This documentary does feature the car accident which killed Left Eye. I didn't realise that when I first saw it and found it quite unsettling.
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well good on them for giving it a go i think
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Doesn't she have some sort of illness? I saw an interview a few years ago about it.
    Fair enough but she was on Celebrity Apprentice (USA) not too long ago looking well and on the ball.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just been watching some old videos from TLC. Lisa really was stunning, wasn't she? She had the most striking eyes.

A real doe-eyed beauty. She remains by far the prettiest rapper ever.
    Forum Member
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    Fair enough but she was on Celebrity Apprentice (USA) not too long ago looking well and on the ball.

I can't remember what it is that she was suffering with but if I remember correctly it was something where she has good and bad days.
  • TheWildHeartTheWildHeart Posts: 122
    Forum Member

I think she has Sickle cell anemia.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will be different without Lisa 'Left Eye' Lopes but it will be interesting to see them come back. Maybe, their material may be well produced by someone like Timberland or have some collaborations with some other recognized artists. and their material may reignite stance as a group.