A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 2)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    The KM owns it and a perfct analogy there JP :)

And in terms of M albums i really enjoy AL its one of her more artisitic/alternative much more creative and boundary pushing and would have been a nice successor to ROL if only the US were not so patriotic when they ought to know better
    :p and frankly i much prefer it to music.

Well im excited Ellie Goulding had a title, cover art and release date for her new album Halcyon 8th october mark it in your calender as im totes excited

She is lovely have appreciated her a lot more again in recent days too :) even though have always liked her, but Light Years, Fever and Body Language as a trilogy is really something....like Pure Electropop, Retro injections and perfectly realised versions of what she is about.

And i do think me and Kylie would probably explode if we were in the same room XD so much colour...oh my!! :D and we can geek out over Madonna too ;) so always a bonus!

And tbh Ray Of Light, Music, American Life is a perfect trilogy. It is such a phenomenal scale! And i never understand the current decline in appreciation in Music, its kinda like the "forgotten album" really wedged inbetween the super-awesomeness of ROL and the Super-Controversies of AL...i mean Music sold so so much and was critically an acclaimed piece of work but always seems overshadowed even Bedtime Stories has moments to shine and stand out at times but Music is rarely spoken of which i always find absurd.

But what i loved with that trilogy of albums is that ROL/Music/AL they sound so ahead of their times...they bring back memories of an era where Pop music really was beyond what it is now...watered down carbon copy messes -_- meh! It was a time where Icons became legends, stars became icons and stars were even experimental! What happened post-2007???? :sleep:

Anyways....not sure about Ellie tbh...i mean i got Light in 2010 but havent played it for ageees and nothing has really pulled me thus far...we will see.

But im all excited for The XX, Nelly Furtado and No Doubt for Sept...maybe P!nk...maybe....still needs to pull me in.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am totally in love with Rumer at the moment
    Both her albums are such slow growers but she is truly remarkable. Believe it or not, she has quite a small and loyal fanbase in the states.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is lovely have appreciated her a lot more again in recent days too :) even though have always liked her, but Light Years, Fever and Body Language as a trilogy is really something....like Pure Electropop, Retro injections and perfectly realised versions of what she is about.

And i do think me and Kylie would probably explode if we were in the same room XD so much colour...oh my!! :D and we can geek out over Madonna too ;) so always a bonus!

And tbh Ray Of Light, Music, American Life is a perfect trilogy. It is such a phenomenal scale! And i never understand the current decline in appreciation in Music, its kinda like the "forgotten album" really wedged inbetween the super-awesomeness of ROL and the Super-Controversies of AL...i mean Music sold so so much and was critically an acclaimed piece of work but always seems overshadowed even Bedtime Stories has moments to shine and stand out at times but Music is rarely spoken of which i always find absurd.

But what i loved with that trilogy of albums is that ROL/Music/AL they sound so ahead of their times...they bring back memories of an era where Pop music really was beyond what it is now...watered down carbon copy messes -_- meh! It was a time where Icons became legends, stars became icons and stars were even experimental! What happened post-2007???? :sleep:

Anyways....not sure about Ellie tbh...i mean i got Light in 2010 but havent played it for ageees and nothing has really pulled me thus far...we will see.

But im all excited for The XX, Nelly Furtado and No Doubt for Sept...maybe P!nk...maybe....still needs to pull me in.

I think some albums don't stand up after time has elapsed Music was very much a 2000 album if you get me perhaps in time like Erotica it will be reevaluated and seen in a more positive light.

And i know apart from the left field baroque pop of flo and the bubblegum pop of Katy Perry im feeling a little deflated TBH.

And im really excited thus far for Ellie her new material sounds interesting indeed harder edge more so than Lights which was a bit hippy sparkly folktrinica :D
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Evening all! What are you all up to?
  • johnnybgoode83johnnybgoode83 Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    Evening, I was listening to music on Last FM until 5 mins ago when the Internet at work started going in and out :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ey guys not much just chilling :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm spending the evening playing my guitar. I've been noodling around and playing along to Bob Dylan, Grace Potter & the Nocturnals, and John Mayer.
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Listening to Fleetwood Mac of course, my dad found his Rumours album so he's let me have it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    Listening to Fleetwood Mac of course, my dad found his Rumours album so he's let me have it

I was watching revenge totally trashy american drama :D

And i stole my uncle's copy badkid and recently bought ther the chain boxset really interested in buying the 1975 Fleetwood album.
    Forum Member

And i stole my uncle's copy badkid and recently bought ther the chain boxset really interested in buying the 1975 Fleetwood album.

I wouldn't call Revenge trashy :mad: :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have a read of this review of Chris Brown's latest album. Hilarious although I'm sure the author will probably incur the wrath of Team Breezy as a result.

http://hypervocal.com/entertainment/2012/the-greatest-chris-brown-album-review-of-all-time-no-stars-ever/
    Forum Member
    Waldstein wrote: »
    Have a read of this review of Chris Brown's latest album. Hilarious although I'm sure the author will probably incur the wrath of Team Breezy as a result.

http://hypervocal.com/entertainment/2012/the-greatest-chris-brown-album-review-of-all-time-no-stars-ever/

Haha it's brilliant :D A newspaper is probably not the best place to publish it though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I love Revenge. I wouldn't call it trashy
    If you love it now, then your gonna love it by the finale
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Revenge is so trashy its like a US soap on a big scale all those long dramatic pauses and botox :D

And goign to have a moment with Ray Of Light me thinks whats everyone else listening too.

Also anyone like Delilah her album From The Roots UP actually sounds quite good anyone else interested ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HM, don't you love just love Victoria. She is such a bitch

I am really into old sitcoms from the 50/60's at the moment. Anyone remember Bewitched?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HM, don't you love just love Victoria. She is such a bitch

I am really into old sitcoms from the 50/60's at the moment. Anyone remember Bewitched?

Haha i do but i think there is reason behind it so i can forgive her Tyler on the other hand but Emeli cold calculating and frankly a little awesome id love to know her net worth too :D

And i do yes haven't seen the remake with Nicole though as it was universally panned and you cannot beat the original.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Without giving too much away, Tyler meets his match. Enough said

The film was ok. Not amazing. Anything with Nicole Kidman, then i have to see it. I love her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Without giving too much away, Tyler meets his match. Enough said

The film was ok. Not amazing. Anything with Nicole Kidman, then i have to see it. I love her.

I know a few nuggets but mhhhm surprisingly suspicious :p

And apart from when she couldn't move her face post 2005 Australia was just embarrassing :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her career went downhill a bit after she won her Oscar. Then she had a baby and went a bit quiet. Australia was bloody awful but she actually conceived her child while doing that film i found out. But then she made a huge comeback with Rabbit hole in 2010 and her role choices have just improved since.

I've always felt she lived in Cate Blanchette's shadow though, another Australian actress whose career has been a lot better than Nicole's
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her career went downhill a bit after she won her Oscar. Then she had a baby and went a bit quiet. Australia was bloody awful but she actually conceived her child while doing that film i found out. But then she made a huge comeback with Rabbit hole in 2010 and her role choices have just improved since.

I've always felt she lived in Cate Blanchette's shadow though, another Australian actress whose career has been a lot better than Nicole's

in terms of actresses though Cate is probably the better of the two and has more of an artistic streak as opposed to Nicole she never really hit her stride for me until the early noughties and escaping Tom Moulin Rouge one of my favourite films and soundtracks she surprised me there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen several of Cate films and while most would argue she is a lot better, for me i can't connect with her performances, where as with Nicole i can. Moulin Rouge, I didn't like it but Nicole was the best thing about it. Her performance was very Marilyn-Monroe esque and it was powerful to see someone inhabit a iconic actress who no one till this day can match.

Toni Collette is another top american actress too but she does low key roles and is often the black sheep among Nicole, Cate and even Naomi Watts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen several of Cate films and while most would argue she is a lot better, for me i can't connect with her performances, where as with Nicole i can. Moulin Rouge, I didn't like it but Nicole was the best thing about it. Her performance was very Marilyn-Monroe esque and it was powerful to see someone inhabit a iconic actress who no one till this day can match.

Toni Collette is another top american actress too but she does low key roles and is often the black sheep among Nicole, Cate and even Naomi Watts.

I find the opposite i find Nicole can be quite cold whereas Cate is very much approachable like an everywoman.

And great mention of Toni Colette one of my favourite actresses loved her in Muriels Wedding and beyond never given her music a spin thugh :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muriel's wedding is hilarious. She was great in The Sixth Sense and she did a great television show a few years ago called The United States Of Tara. She played a mother with different alternative personalities. Very good.
    Forum Member
    What are you all doing today?
    Forum Member
    Afternoon all. Today's commute music was Ana Popovic's Still Making History. :D

What ya'll listening to?
This discussion has been closed.