Playing on ps3 without history?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi all,

I'm hoping to play COD black ops 2 on the ps3 without leaving trace of trophies etc. as it's a xmas gift for my son. I would normally wait but got a tournament with friends coming up on it so needing to practice a bit. Anybody know if this is possible?

Comments

• jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    don't have internet connected?
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Create a new user account on your PS3 without linking a PSN account and play there, and delete the account when you're done? Unless you're talking about Online play, in which case you'll need to create a PSN account and link it to the new user account.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    Create a new user account on your PS3 without linking a PSN account and play there, and delete the account when you're done? Unless you're talking about Online play, in which case you'll need to create a PSN account and link it to the new user account.

Thanks, Was hoping to do it from my own profile but looks like i might have to do the latter option :( That or give it to the kid early.

Thanks for the tips :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jenzie wrote: »
    don't have internet connected?

Would still show in trophies etc. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can add your profile and then delete it when you're finished can't you? Trophies are linked to profiles so there would be no trace once your profile was gone. You might need to activate/deactivate the system for your PSN too.

I think you could also just restore the system which would leave the system in factory condition but I'm not sure how long that would take.
  • steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    Create a us account
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just let the boy create a new account o the PS3, instead of that fiddling aboot :D

i thought you'd only get trophies if you were online?
  • D3XT3RD3XT3R Posts: 788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks, Was hoping to do it from my own profile but looks like i might have to do the latter option :( That or give it to the kid early.

Thanks for the tips :)

You do know its an 18 rated game that you're giving to a kid. Mmmmmmmmm;););););)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D3XT3R wrote: »
    You do know its an 18 rated game that you're giving to a kid. Mmmmmmmmm;););););)

Here we go, do you even know how old his "kid" is?
    Besides its perfectly legal if he was under 18.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ralph777 wrote: »
    Here we go, do you even know how old his "kid" is?
    Besides its perfectly legal if he was under 18.

I don't think D3XT3R's post was to be taken seriously, hence all the winking.