The Official 150 Best Selling Songs of the Millennium on BBC Radio 1

2»

Comments

• TUCTUC Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    RikScot wrote: »
    ..and started in 1001AD...where's all the big hits of medieval times?

Greensleeves was at number 152.
    Forum Member
    Radio One's website is listing the track sas they are played and is claiming that Lee Ann Rhymes Can't Fight The Moonlight was playedv11 minutes ago but it wasn't. Have some been missed out?
  • RikScotRikScot Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TUC wrote: »
    Greensleeves was at number 152.

Hope there's some music hall and honky tonk...million sellers!
  • highnalhighnal Posts: 2,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a 4 hour drive from South Wales to London today and Radio 1 has entertained me all the way!

Great job - love it! :D

Surprised by how many lyrics I've got stored away in my head....
  • catherine91catherine91 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He also just said Shaggy - It Wasn't Me came out in November 2004!
  • zippydoodahzippydoodah Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yep when it was 2001. Also said the The Way to Armillo or however you spell it came out in 2004 when no Comic Relief is ever on a year that ends on a even number!
  • ronantronant Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They've said loads of stuff was Nov 2004 - very odd. All Saints Pure Shores was also apparently Nov 2004 when it was 2000.
  • catherine91catherine91 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha, Gareth Gates has corrected him about his single coming out in 2002 rather than 2004!
    Forum Member
    What is Greg James up to? He jut gave away that Adele is number two, removing any sense of suspense. Has he not got a clue how to do a chart show?
    Forum Member
    And beween himself and Scott Mills.they have blown the timings for the show. 1900 hrs and only up to number three.
  • RIPYorkshireTVRIPYorkshireTV Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    Is it possible the 2004 date was the first time they were available as MP3 downloads so on the system they are using it has the MP3 release date (i.e. when it was digitised) rather than the actual release date.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    Anyone have a list of all the songs?
    Forum Member
    Apparently the 150 will be up on www.officialcharts.com tomorrow.
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was no 1? I listened all day and then a friend came round at number 3. Good news - I missed Unchained Melody. Bad news I missed number 1. :(:D
  • the teddy bearthe teddy bear Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This would have been up Chris Moyles' street this type of show though.

Moyles and the team did do a Play Your Cards Right style game on Friday, with each member of the team getting a song and it's position from Aled and then they had to guess whether the next 7 songs were higher or lower - needless to say Mr Moyles won!

He'll probably make some comment on his show during the first half hour tomorrow too about the outcome of the countdown!

Also, wonder who was responsible for the balls up with the X Factor track Hero/Heroes - someone spectacularly dropped the ball there!
    Forum Member
    Alli-F wrote: »
    What was no 1? I listened all day and then a friend came round at number 3. Good news - I missed Unchained Melody. Bad news I missed number 1. :(:D

It was Evergreen by Will Young
  • crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't believe it when it was 7.50 and still 4 songs to go. Bad timing for Radio 1.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TUC wrote: »
    It was Evergreen by Will Young

Was the biggest selling single of 00s and 2 years into the 10s its still there. Interestingly, from what I remember when Will won Pop Idol and Evergreen was released. It was a good few weeks possibly a month or two before Evergreen was released after the Pop Idol final.
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was the biggest selling single of 00s and 2 years into the 10s its still there. Interestingly, from what I remember when Will won Pop Idol and Evergreen was released. It was a good few weeks possibly a month or two before Evergreen was released after the Pop Idol final.

There were just sooo many X Factor/Pop Idol/Popstars or whatever Hearsay won/songs in the top 50 though. Matthew Cardle, Leona, Shayne Ward, Alexandra Burke, joe McElderry, Hearsay and Gareth Gates and one of the charity singles were all there. I guess it shows how having these people in your house every Saturday night skews the results. :confused:

Thanks TUC for letting me know, it would have driven me nuts. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    There were just sooo many X Factor/Pop Idol/Popstars or whatever Hearsay won/songs in the top 50 though. Matthew Card,e, Leona, Shayne Ward, Alexandra Burke, joe McElderry, Hearsay and Gareth Gates and one of the charity singles were all there. I guess it shows how having these people in your house every Saturday night skews the results. :confused:

Thanks TUC for letting me know, it would have driven me nuts. :D

Whilst I dipped in and out towards the top 20 so don't know the exact names to the numbers. I know during the 00s, there was 5 X Factor style people out of the top 10 which had the best selling singles but then I suppose anyone would kill for a 4 month exposure before their single is available.
  • James Martin 2James Martin 2 Posts: 4,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hotmat3k wrote: »
    Oh, and welcome back "James Martin 2". Didn't take you long before you'd gone against your promise not to come back to the DS Radio Forum. :D
    Where did I say that? ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    Loved it! Always enjoy hearing radio stations play songs they'd never play in a million years like Bob The Builder, Hearsay and DJ Otzi.

Somehow makes the bank holiday seem more fun! Enjoyable listen. :)