Nexus 7 NOT switching on !

JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
Forum Member
✭✭✭
i only got it yesterday ! :(
it appeared to be working OK. apart from the fact i had to keep un-plugging the charger and then re-plugging it in to get the charge to start up!

tried using it this morning and it wont switch on!
have plugged it in to charge several times and nothing happens, have pliugged it into my laptop and a message comes up saying windows cannot recognise the device.

please dont tell me i have to send it back :mad:
i got it from the google play store and it took long enough getting here, never mind sending it back then waiting for another one to arrive! :eek:

why oh why didnt i just go to argos :rolleyes:

Comments

• psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Are you using the original charger that came with it?
    2. Tried a different charger? MicroUSB Cable?
    3. Connect to charger and press and hold the power button for about 10 - 12 seconds.
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    psionic wrote: »
    1. Are you using the original charger that came with it?
    2. Tried a different charger? MicroUSB Cable?
    3. Connect to charger and press and hold the power button for about 10 - 12 seconds.

Yeah have tried all these things.
    The battery was about 70% when I switched it off yesterday anyway, so it should be switching on
  • tinshedtinshed Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    Mmm seem to remember reading somewhere that a few units had problems with loose connections between the power socket and the battery one of the reason I never purchased one for the wife.
  • len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try holding the power switch down for what seems like ever ! That sometimes fixes it .
  • biawhiskabiawhiska Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    len112 wrote: »
    Try holding the power switch down for what seems like ever ! That sometimes fixes it .

Yeah, this works for me. First, charge it. It pay not show it's charging on screen but leave it a few hours. Then press the on button FOREVER and eventually it comes on :D

Then, don't turn it off! leave in stand by :cool: