Options

Madonna, shall we add this to your plagiarism CV?!

Comments

• Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    of course, she's the older version of gaga. a major copier. she used a mish mash of all those ladies to create her 'reinvention image' which isnt really her at all, and never was. gaga does the same.
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Madonna has been involved in plagiarism controversies for decades. I'm sure her fans will be able to cope fine with this.

Plus, I don't really care about album covers. If I want a nice picture, I visit an art gallery, not pick up a Madonna album.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love that still from the Material Girl video suggesting it was a rip off from Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. It was made to pay tribute to the movie and Marilyn Monroe - it couldn't have been more obvious.

It's not like she has deliberately studied another pop singer's work and attributed it to herself.
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So much has been done that you could say anyone was copying anyone else these days! Its hard to be original when everything that could be done has been done.
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maybe the op should take their own advice, since this is how many negative madonna threads now?:sleep:
    nicmars wrote: »
    Oh god ilovezenyatta, aren't you fed up with the Rihanna vs Beyonce threads you are creating?!!!

this is almost on par with the onslaught of negative adele threads last year and look how that panned out.:rolleyes:

on topic, i think her album cover is great, but you always run the risk of something being done before.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    maybe the op should take their own advice, since this is how many negative madonna threads now?:sleep:

this is almost on par with the onslaught of negative adele threads last year and look how that panned out.:rolleyes:

on topic, i think her album cover is great, but you always run the risk of something being done before.

It's good to know I matter so much to you to dedicate time to go see my post history :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's good to know I matter so much to you to dedicate time to go see my post history :cool:

hardly, i saw that post yesterday and couldn't believe the irony to be honest. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    also i did pose a serious question. without looking at your posting history. how many negative madonna thread have you posted and what is the motivation?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    also i did pose a serious question. without looking at your posting history. how many negative madonna thread have you posted and what is the motivation?

!!!

I think you are being too paranoid dear...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    !!!

I think you are being too paranoid dear...

possibly and its not worth falling out over darling. you have raised many talking points within the forum to be fair.:)
  • Options
    jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Juvenile.
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone has wayyyyy to much time on their hands to go rooting through tons of obscure album covers and finding a similar one. M has been in the industry for decades so I really doubt she's bothered about all the stupid fan wars and probably wonders why she's asked about Gaga every 5mins and Gaga is probably embarrassed by what a small minority of her fans do to trash other artists. Gaga makes it clearly she's very anti bullying and hates discrimination so maybe that small minority need to listen to her words
  • Options
    IlleismIlleism Posts: 640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like Lady Gaga, but some of her fans are reaching a little bit too far.:D

I'm sure that band isn't the only one to have used that effect before, and I think it has different meanings anyway.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna has always been inspired by the actresses of the old days. She even addresses them in Vogue
    Loads of women are inspired by people like Marilyn, Bette davis, Princess diana etc

Marilyn monroe was a huge influence in her career and she was hardly ripping her off. Madonna was tributing to Marilyn and did it rather well.
  • Options
    Martha LoganMartha Logan Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To put it bluntly. Anyone who doesn't realise Material Girl is a homage to Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend are thick!

Ain't no other way to put it.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To put it bluntly. Anyone who doesn't realise Material Girl is a homage to Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend are thick!

Ain't no other way to put it.

Could not have said it better some people are plain stupid :cool:
  • Options
    NewBallsPleaseNewBallsPlease Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, that site isn't biased much, is it?

Some of those comparisons are laughable (at best), some are extremely tenuous, and some are a well known fact. They also seem to have completely disregarded where she has obviously paid tribute to a certain iconic person/scene and decided she has outright stolen their idea/image.

Of the 20 odd they have listed, there are really only 4 or 5 which one could say are suspect. Add to that the nasty " untalented/wrinkly/old/plastic surgery/she's a troll kdjdydh26373473473634" type comments, and the site is too biased to be taken even remotely seriously.
  • Options
    BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    "Princess Diana rip-off" haha WTF?! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, that site isn't biased much, is it?

Some of those comparisons are laughable (at best), some are extremely tenuous, and some are a well known fact. They also seem to have completely disregarded where she has obviously paid tribute to a certain iconic person/scene and decided she has outright stolen their idea/image.

Of the 20 odd they have listed, there are really only 4 or 5 which one could say are suspect. Add to that the nasty " untalented/wrinkly/old/plastic surgery/she's a troll kdjdydh26373473473634" type comments, and the site is too biased to be taken even remotely seriously.

I completely agree. By the way, could you point out those four or five, please? I'm just curious.:o
  • Options
    AdcmAdcm Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clutching at straws just like most of the pictures on there.

My favourites though are the ones that completely ignore how obvious the influences/tributes are, the most notable being Express Yourself and Metropolis, despite how many times Madonna and the others have said how the film influenced her, they act like she's trying to claim it's her own.
  • Options
    xmel05xmel05 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    Well it has worked for her!!

Madonna is a tough girl so she isnt scared of taking risks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Madonna actually claimed all her ideas as her own original creations?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has Madonna actually claimed all her ideas as her own original creations?

Nope! A point the OP seems to have missed.
  • Options
    JournalJournal Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone who makes that comparison is a bit desperate, although I just read the second link and while some are clearly inspired, others are just ridiculous (Kylie's X cover and Madonna's Hard Candy cover, WHAT?!).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I pity you, I really do - what a tragic individual you are...however this is about the level of immaturity everyone has come to expect from the Gaga hardcore.