Madonna, shall we add this to your plagiarism CV?!

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh look at the Madonna fans taking everything personal
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's funny that when it comes to Madonna they call her stealing inspiration but when it comes to Gaga or any other artist, they are the first to accuse them lol
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    nicmars wrote: »
    Oh look at the Madonna fans taking everything personal

Not a Madonna fan in the slightest, and I find 95% of the comparrisons on that site range from laughably thin, to well known inspirations that Madonna has openly drawn on (and never denied) - there might be a few cases there worthy of discussion in there, but they're lost amongst the utter guff it contains.
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Madonna uses alot of Inspiration from other famous people and incorporates them into her work she always says she gets inspired by other artists etc. At Least she Admits to it unlike Gaga who claims everything she does is Original.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's funny that when it comes to Madonna they call her stealing inspiration but when it comes to Gaga or any other artist, they are the first to accuse them lol

If you can't see the difference between the two, you really should get someone to explain it to you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna has always been inspired by the actresses of the old days. She even addresses them in Vogue
    Loads of women are inspired by people like Marilyn, Bette davis, Princess diana etc

Marilyn monroe was a huge influence in her career and she was hardly ripping her off. Madonna was tributing to Marilyn and did it rather well.

Indeed, she even made a song about it. And of course Marilyn Monroe, Bette Davis, Garbo, etc weren't pop singers. It would have been entirely different if Madonna was copying Blondie for instance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    If you can't see the difference between the two, you really should get someone to explain it to you.

It must not be from a delusional Madonna fan though ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well, you have to seriously question somebody's intention and possibly mental state when they make such dubious allegations about how Madonna ended up singing Like A Virgin:rolleyes: - the second link was forwarded to me by a friend of mine who spotted it on Facebook - apparently it's been floating on there for a few days...How coincidental!?:rolleyes: - and I just couldn't believe how silly, twisted, laughable and perhaps disturbing most of the accusations were!!!:eek: - Like a previous poster said, some of the accusations are valid - and in fact well-known like JML & Hollywood for instance - but even the way these are reported by this site is questionable.
    The thing is Madonna has always been open and vocal about her inspirations/influences and eras/imagery she used to create her characters. That's perhaps the difference with somebody who claim her fans give her inspiration towrite her gay anthem only for this to sound like a karaoke version of the supposedly biggest thief on earth's classic...Anyway, if GaGa is such the biggest pop star on the planet as I keep reading most of the time, why do you bother with Madonna op?:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • IlleismIlleism Posts: 640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AlexMalgua wrote: »
    Well, you have to seriously question somebody's intention and possibly mental state when they make such dubious allegations about how Madonna ended up singing Like A Virgin:rolleyes: - the second link was forwarded to me by a friend of mine who spotted it on Facebook - apparently it's been floating on there for a few days...How coincidental!?:rolleyes: - and I just couldn't believe how silly, twisted, laughable and perhaps disturbing most of the accusations were!!!:eek: - Like a previous poster said, some of the accusations are valid - and in fact well-known like JML & Hollywood for instance - but even the way these are reported by this site is questionable.
    The thing is Madonna has always been open and vocal about her inspirations/influences and eras/imagery she used to create her characters. That's perhaps the difference with somebody who claim her fans give her inspiration towrite her gay anthem only for this to sound like a karaoke version of the supposedly biggest thief on earth's classic.

I completely agree. It's like saying Janelle Monae ripped off Metropolis for The ArchAndroid. There's a difference between taking influence like Madonna and Janelle, and then what some Little Monsters (and yes, people bashing Gaga) are claiming.:sleep:
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Lady Gaga fans, especially in 2009, were accusing EVERYBODY of copying her, when in reality, NOBODY has ever copied Lady Gaga.

That's the real reason why everybody likes to point out when Lady Gaga does something similar to a pop artist from before her. It's to give her a taste of her own medicine. Her fans do it to everybody else, so everybody else will do it back to her.

Rihanna and David Guetta have a song that rips-off one of Madonna's songs, but it doesn't bother Madonna fans so much, because Rihanna's fans aren't going around claiming everybody copies her and that she's the Queen of Pop even though she's only been around for 2 years.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that second link has been knocking around for years now, i know i have seen it on numerous occasions. hasn't the woman behind these claims filed an unsuccessful lawsuit against madonna? in fact, i am sure she had made claims about other artists copying her work and even claimed sony were trying to sabotaging her. some of the comparisons there are clutching at straws to be honest. i mean some of the lyrical accusations are based on a few words.:confused:

the first link interested me more and the image is indeed similar, although, like i said earlier. until you put stuff out there, sometimes there is no way of knowing something hasn't been done before.
  • RetrospectiveRetrospective Posts: 3,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been a fan of madonna's for years. But recently i have gone right off her. Its all this trying to appear younger than she is and her arms look awful. I feel sorry for thatd aughter of hers because madonna muct be an embarrasment to her the way she looks and how she behaves.
    I always liked the madonna from the eighties the best i thought she was at her best back then. Now i can't be bothered to even listen to that anymore let alone her new stuff.
    I can't help feel that madonna is past her sell by date and being a fan of hers all these years never thought i would hear myself ever say that about her.
  • AdcmAdcm Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonna looks fine most of the time, but if you look for a chance to criticize then you'll find one. :)
  • jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been a fan of madonna's for years. But recently i have gone right off her. Its all this trying to appear younger than she is and her arms look awful. I feel sorry for thatd aughter of hers because madonna muct be an embarrasment to her the way she looks and how she behaves.
    I always liked the madonna from the eighties the best i thought she was at her best back then. Now i can't be bothered to even listen to that anymore let alone her new stuff.
    I can't help feel that madonna is past her sell by date and being a fan of hers all these years never thought i would hear myself ever say that about her.

It is totally fine for not liking her for her music but to criticize her appearance because she looks and acts young in her age is quite unfair. There are lots of men in their 50s working out at the gym and obsessed with fitness, dating younger women and that's fine. When it comes to women, you're meant to rot in hell when you're older. Ageist and sexist much?
  • rybevrybev Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those picture comparisons are hilarious!!
    The Chrissie Hynde one is beyond desperate!!!
    I'm surprised the cover Dear Jessie isn't on there with a comparison picture of Minnie Mouse.

I never understand the way woman bitch about Madonna and her age. My sister said during the Confessions era that she should act her age and put some clothes on???? Surely it's great for a woman to be able to embrace her own sexuality, body and sex-appeal at any age. Does it all boil down to jealousy and the more average woman's lack of confidence.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna has muscular arms and a super fit body. But why that's some kind of crime is beyond me.

Her recording output is beyond anyone elses in the world. Her work ethic knows no limits and her back catalogue is phenomenal. That's really all that matters.

I'm saddend by the sexist and ageist comments displayed on this forum.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can you claim being a fan of Madonna and getting right off her because of the way she looks and acts? That just doesn't make any sense:confused: - as Jadebutterfly said, I can understand if as a fan you're not into her music anymore but playing the morality card by bringing her daughter into it, who happens to grow like a mini-version of the mother circa 1984 is highly hypocritical...Jealousy, sexism, and ageism it certainly is!??
  • RetrospectiveRetrospective Posts: 3,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AlexMalgua wrote: »
    How can you claim being a fan of Madonna and getting right off her because of the way she looks and acts? That just doesn't make any sense:confused: - as Jadebutterfly said, I can understand if as a fan you're not into her music anymore but playing the morality card by bringing her daughter into it, who happens to grow like a mini-version of the mother circa 1984 is highly hypocritical...Jealousy, sexism, and ageism it certainly is!??

Yes sorry about that. I'm not great at putting down words. Also i should have known better to come on to a thread and criticise an artiste where there are going to be many of her fans posting on.
    Yes that's true i have gone off listening to her for the past couple or so years.
    As for Lourdes its just that recently i have seen a couple or so pictures taken with her mother and lourdes looks like she is cringing as she looks on.
    Lourdes does look a lot like her mother round the 1984 circa. She's a lovely striking looking young girl.