The Dumping Ground - CBBC

Comments

• Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,961
    Forum Member
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    On TV (BBC1). They showed clips of new shows that will air in the new year on CBBC. This includes new Mi-High too!

BIB - I just thought it wouldn't be too soon!:D

Hmm, so I'll have to keep up on BBC1 then. Shame it's not on the CBBC website yet.
    Forum Member
    I've only seen one preview so far (the one with the grenade) and it looks promising.

It's a shame Dani Harmer is not still in it. The fact she has gained a larger following through Strictly may have brought in more viewers, but it doesn't matter. It'd be interesting to see how it fares without her, though many episodes of 'Tracy Beaker Returns' didn't completely focus on the character of Tracy Beaker and it still pulled in the ratings, so the BBC will be pretty reliant on TDG to pull in the ratings for CBBC.
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Hmm, so I'll have to keep up on BBC1 then. Shame it's not on the CBBC website yet.

I'm sure they will soon. They haven't made a page for "The Dumping Ground" on the CBBC website yet so I guess that's probably why but we should expect to see it in two weeks time or so. Also, I think this is the last week that CBBC will be on BBC1.

Just to let you guys know, repeats of Tracy Beaker Returns are currently being shown at 4pm on weekdays (on CBBC). (I've started watching them again along with repeats of The Sarah Jane Adventures which later follows).:)
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    I'm sure they will soon. They haven't made a page for "The Dumping Ground" on the CBBC website yet so I guess that's probably why but we should expect to see it in two weeks time or so. Also, I think this is the last week that CBBC will be on BBC1.

Just to let you guys know, repeats of Tracy Beaker Returns are currently being shown at 4pm on weekdays (on CBBC). (I've started watching them again along with repeats of The Sarah Jane Adventures which later follows).:)

They have, but there's not much on it yet: http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/shows/the-dumping-ground

First episode is a 60-minute one, on from 4:30pm on Friday 4th January.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Awesome! Looking forward to it!:)
    They have, but there's not much on it yet: http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/shows/the-dumping-ground

First episode is a 60-minute one, on from 4:30pm on Friday 4th January.

At last! I've been looking for this and now it's finally up...thanks!:)
    Forum Member
    Still awaiting some more previews, probably a whole scene if we're lucky :)
    Forum Member
    I'm really interested to see how it works without Dani - at the moment I'm not quite sure if it'll be better than the previous series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member

Just watched it - only one week to go!

It seems much of the same characters remain. I wonder if Lily's sisters will feature in this series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched it - only one week to go!

It seems much of the same characters remain. I wonder if Lily's sisters will feature in this series.

I'm hoping they make small appearances. Not that I dislike them but I want to see more focus on other characters other than Lily and her sisters. Hopefully we get to know a bit more about Gus and his family or even Rick too.
    Forum Member
    I'm hoping they make small appearances. Not that I dislike them but I want to see more focus on other characters other than Lily and her sisters. Hopefully we get to know a bit more about Gus and his family or even Rick too.

Indeed. Tracy Beaker Returns usually focused on different characters in each episode, and there is no 'main character' from my point of view.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed. Tracy Beaker Returns usually focused on different characters in each episode, and there is no 'main character' from my point of view.

True and I hope things stay that way.:) Except maybe a bit less on Lily but everyone gets their fair share like before. I'm hoping they'll do central episodes for Gus, Rick and Tyler.

Also on the third series of TBR, I thought they missed an oppourtnity with Kitty, we could have learned more about her and her past abuse.
    Forum Member
    I would hope that at one point they revisit some of the characters that left in the previous series, Liam in particular.

CBBC need a ratings hit, this could be it.
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see The Dumping Ground being one of the CBBC shows which will be repeated in one of the new weekend slots on BBC One for some children's programming for a family audience in the early evening.
  • Stephen_SimpsonStephen_Simpson Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the hype for it and will hopefully tune in myself. I'm hoping it does deliver because CBBC do need a strong ratings hit, and this has bags of potential plus a pre existing fanbase to be that hit.
    Forum Member
    I can see The Dumping Ground being one of the CBBC shows which will be repeated in one of the new weekend slots on BBC One for some children's programming for a family audience in the early evening.

While it may be suitable, it seems unlikely as they've practically stopped children's programming altogether.
    Forum Member
    Only 4 days to go.

Just want to generate interest on this forum so they get fabulous viewing figures :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    I absolutely loved the story of tracy beaker but felt the spin offs didn't have the same 'vibe'. That being said, does anyone else think that despite the fact it started in 2002, the camera quality of tracy beaker is better than TBR? Maybe it was just brighter :S
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would hope that at one point they revisit some of the characters that left in the previous series, Liam in particular.

CBBC need a ratings hit, this could be it.

Unfortunately, I don't think Liam will be returning. I do they revisit at least some of the past characters though. I'm sure the ratings will be good, although I've noticed that there are people on twitter complaining that this spin off won't be as good as The Story Of Tracy Beaker or Tracy Beaker Returns. Although I miss Dani and I'm sad that she's no longer playing the role of Tracy, I'm still interested to see how it goes, the show has really good actors and I'm sure they'll do a good job as more come and go (depending on how long it'll run). I personally think those people complaining should at least give the show a chance and see it for themselves before ranting on about how bad it will be without Tracy.

I can't wait for Friday! Just a few days to go!:)
    Forum Member
    I absolutely loved the story of tracy beaker but felt the spin offs didn't have the same 'vibe'. That being said, does anyone else think that despite the fact it started in 2002, the camera quality of tracy beaker is better than TBR? Maybe it was just brighter :S

Probably not. Tracy Beaker Returns was shot in HD I believe.
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately, I don't think Liam will be returning. I do they revisit at least some of the past characters though. I'm sure the ratings will be good, although I've noticed that there are people on twitter complaining that this spin off won't be as good as The Story Of Tracy Beaker or Tracy Beaker Returns. Although I miss Dani and I'm sad that she's no longer playing the role of Tracy, I'm still interested to see how it goes, the show has really good actors and I'm sure they'll do a good job as more come and go (depending on how long it'll run). I personally think those people complaining should at least give the show a chance and see it for themselves before ranting on about how bad it will be without Tracy.

I can't wait for Friday! Just a few days to go!:)

Well, it probably won't be a successor to Byker Grove yet but it's close. I hope they try to reach out to all audiences.
    Forum Member
    Also, the ages of all the children may make of interesting reading. These are the ones I know.

Daniel Pearson (who plays Rick) is 16.
    Joe Maw (who plays Johnny) is 15.
    Jessica Revell (who plays Elektra) is 18.
    Jessie Williams (who plays Lily) is 13.
    Amy-Leigh Hickman (who plays Carmen) is 15
    Mia McKenna-Bruce (who plays Tee) is 15.
    Noah Marullo (who plays Gus) is 13.

Not sure about the others.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amy Leigh Hickman is on CBBC right now (alongside Ian and Hacker). She says there will be a small explosion on Friday's double episode. Sounds interesting!:)

Back to back episodes of TBR are being shown before TDG starts.
    Also, the ages of all the children may make of interesting reading. These are the ones I know.

Daniel Pearson (who plays Rick) is 16.
    Joe Maw (who plays Johnny) is 15.
    Jessica Revell (who plays Elektra) is 18.
    Jessie Williams (who plays Lily) is 13.
    Amy-Leigh Hickman (who plays Carmen) is 15
    Mia McKenna-Bruce (who plays Tee) is 15.
    Noah Marullo (who plays Gus) is 13.

Not sure about the others.

I think the actor who plays Harry is 7 or 8 years old. (Not too far from his character's age). The whole cast of TBR are on twitter (aside from Saffron Coomber).
    Forum Member
    Amy Leigh Hickman is on CBBC right now (alongside Ian and Hacker). She says there will be a small explosion on Friday's double episode. Sounds interesting!:)

I didn't find out until Twitter afterwards, I'm sure she'll be back on Friday introducing the show :)

Maybe that was that 'earthquake' kind-of scene we saw a 1-second glimpse of in the first preview trailer (at 0:20).