iPad and Skype

Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
Forum Member
I know this is probably a really silly question, but ....:o

At my daughter's request I have installed 'Skype for iPad' app (on my iPad, obviously). All seems well, except that I can't get into it without a password.

Should I download a full version of Skype onto my laptop....will that enable me to set up a password??

Help :eek: And thanks :)

Comments

• user123456789user123456789 Posts: 16,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You should be able to set up an account on their website but I have tried several times with no success :( I find the Skype site very buggy :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Lindy_Loue wrote: »
    I know this is probably a really silly question, but ....:o

At my daughter's request I have installed 'Skype for iPad' app (on my iPad, obviously). All seems well, except that I can't get into it without a password.

Should I download a full version of Skype onto my laptop....will that enable me to set up a password??

Help :eek: And thanks :)

You have to have an account for skype.
    You use the same one you use for your phone pc etc. it wont work if you dont login, so just go and register, t takes a few mins.

Skype works very well on the ipad and is great if you have ipad 2 or above as you can select each camera

I use skype everyday on ipad and phone. Never had qny problems and works on wifi and 3g.

It takes through it real easy here

https://support.skype.com/en-gb/faq/FA11008/how-do-i-use-skype-for-ipad#1
  • Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    lettice wrote: »
    You have to have an account for skype.
    You use the same one you use for your phone pc etc. it wont work if you dont login, so just go and register, t takes a few mins.

Skype works very well on the ipad and is great if you have ipad 2 or above as you can select each camera

I use skype everyday on ipad and phone. Never had qny problems and works on wifi and 3g.

It takes through it real easy here

https://support.skype.com/en-gb/faq/FA11008/how-do-i-use-skype-for-ipad#1

Brilliant! Thanks very much, I'll give it a go now :)
    Forum Member
    anniebrion wrote: »
    You should be able to set up an account on their website but I have tried several times with no success :( I find the Skype site very buggy :(
    Brilliant! Thanks very much, I'll give it a go now :)

All done :D I had somehow failed to notice the 'register' button at the top of the page :o

Hope you have a better experience of it in future, anniebrion, and many thanks to Lettice :)
  • user123456789user123456789 Posts: 16,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All done :D I had somehow failed to notice the 'register' button at the top of the page :o

Hope you have a better experience of it in future, anniebrion, and many thanks to Lettice :)

I have managed to finally create an account but it took several attempts :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Good to hear your on now

Remember skype to skype video, chat and voice calls are free.
    You will find that some older tablets and phones can only use voice and not video.
    A thought if you ask others to join.

Skype make their money from paid packages using skype to make landline/mobile/international calls. Not used much here, but is big around the world.
    Also they are big in the business world (an area I use also) and do have addons like group calling, whiteboard, desktop and presentation sharing etc. which are also paid for extras.

You cant use these services by mistake, so no need to worry. Unless you add your bank or card details etc. and subscribe to one of those packages.

Skype has just been taken over by Microsoft, so soon (looking like later this year) you will be asked to link your current id with your MSN live/hotmail account if you have one as they will be getting merged.
    Forum Member
    lettice wrote: »
    Good to hear your on now

Remember skype to skype video, chat and voice calls are free.
    You will find that some older tablets and phones can only use voice and not video.
    A thought if you ask others to join.

Skype make their money from paid packages using skype to make landline/mobile/international calls. Not used much here, but is big around the world.
    Also they are big in the business world (an area I use also) and do have addons like group calling, whiteboard, desktop and presentation sharing etc. which are also paid for extras.

You cant use these services by mistake, so no need to worry. Unless you add your bank or card details etc. and subscribe to one of those packages.

Skype has just been taken over by Microsoft, so soon (looking like later this year) you will be asked to link your current id with your MSN live/hotmail account if you have one as they will be getting merged.

Thanks a lot lettice - now all I need to do is get calling! The test call worked a treat :)