Death in Paradise - Series 2

Comments

• carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,579
    Forum Member
    Episodes are so formulaic, it's almost funny.
    Show me any TV episodic drama that isn't "formualic" when you strip it down to the basics. So no, he doesn't have a point at all :(

My only problem with this week's ep is that the Caribbean is either 4 or 5 hours behind GMT so it would not have been (approx) 2:30pm in both places when that phone call was made.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,505
    Forum Member
    jcafcw wrote: »
    The victim was left handed.
    Same principle applies. Putting the phone in her right-hand was not any sort of proof that her murderer did not know her.
  • Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,762
    Forum Member
    Has Camille pushed Richard in a pool yet? Surely its only a matter of time!
  • Wench02Wench02 Posts: 2,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm not sure about pools, but she looks like she's chewing on a wasp when Richard looks at another attractive woman!
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I missed the first series of this. Saw Ben on Sunday Brunch, when they showed a clip of the new series and it looked up my street.

We love it, my OH is in love with Camille obviously, her figure in those trousers! I love Ben's bumbling character and always melting in his suits! Love the other 2 policeman and did recognise the Cat from Red Dwarf!

And love the whole Caribbean feel of the programme, it's our favourite part of the world, so we just love this programme!
  • Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    I missed the first series of this. Saw Ben on Sunday Brunch, when they showed a clip of the new series and it looked up my street.

We love it, my OH is in love with Camille obviously, her figure in those trousers! I love Ben's bumbling character and always melting in his suits! Love the other 2 policeman and did recognise the Cat from Red Dwarf!

And love the whole Caribbean feel of the programme, it's our favourite part of the world, so we just love this programme!

Thats Cat:eek: I didn't recognise him.
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Show me any TV episodic drama that isn't "formualic" when you strip it down to the basics. So no, he doesn't have a point at all :(

Really? There are loads of them. The columnist mentions 24 and there are tons of others, from The Sweeney to The Killing, just in cop shows alone. Look, I know that Death in Paradise is formulaic because it's intended to be but not every episodic drama has to be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on its fun when Richard says... "go and get everyone and we will meet in the bar" (etc)!
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,363
    Forum Member
    Wench02 wrote: »
    Come on its fun when Richard says... "go and get everyone and we will meet in the bar" (etc)!

Exactly, it IS like the old Poirot or Miss Marple, but I would rather have that than someone turning up at the suspects house and barging in, the suspect "does a runner", the Police chase them, someone gets shot,handcuffs on and you may know who the suspect is, but not why, I love the fact he spells out the entire crime in one go,it is clever as everything has to fit into place, (unlike some cop shows).
  • gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    It's a bit like the old Paul Temple cases when everyone turned up in the same room when Temple talked them through the case and revealed the murderer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a great show this is. I have watched all episodes from both series. I look forward all week for the next story. I will really miss it when this series ends.

One of the few programmes on lately without foul language, sex scenes and another bonus : no adverts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For anyone interested Ben Miller is on Room 101 tonight.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thanks. Will set my sky+. I like Ben Miller.
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think Ben was channeling his inner-Richard a bit tonight. Homeopathy because it is hokum and rubbish you could just see Richard tut at that and pedestrians not having any order would bother him a lot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jcafcw wrote: »
    I think Ben was channeling his inner-Richard a bit tonight. Homeopathy because it is hokum and rubbish you could just see Richard tut at that and pedestrians not having any order would bother him a lot.

Totally agreed with him about pedestrians. Was surprised he won all the rounds though the shoe laces one was a bit odd.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    teabag444 wrote: »
    Thanks. Will set my sky+. I like Ben Miller.

Hope you enjoy.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer the "Richard" look is better than the look on room 101!
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,579
    Forum Member
    Really? There are loads of them. The columnist mentions 24 and there are tons of others, from The Sweeney to The Killing, just in cop shows alone. Look, I know that Death in Paradise is formulaic because it's intended to be but not every episodic drama has to be.
    24 - Jack gets in situation, Jack gets out of situation, Jack gets into another situation for the cliff-hanger. Every week.

The Sweeney - Never really watch any of it but I guess...
    Baddie does bad thing, gets caught by the end.

Can't comment on TK as never seen it.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I'm saying that to complain about it is stupid as it is not unique to DIP.
  • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    24 - Jack gets in situation, Jack gets out of situation, Jack gets into another situation for the cliff-hanger. Every week.

The Sweeney - Never really watch any of it but I guess...
    Baddie does bad thing, gets caught by the end.

Can't comment on TK as never seen it.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I'm saying that to complain about it is stupid as it is not unique to DIP.

No, the Sweeney was grittier than that. Sometimes the baddies got away.:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Georged123 wrote: »
    Has Camille pushed Richard in a pool yet? Surely its only a matter of time!

I could imagine that happening sooner or later :D
  • teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iaindb wrote: »
    No, the Sweeney was grittier than that. Sometimes the baddies got away.:eek:

One of the things I like about the Sweeney was they didn't always get the baddie!

Enjoyed Death in Paradise last week and it's always lovely to see Hannah Spearitt:)
  • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    teeswolf wrote: »
    Enjoyed Death in Paradise last week and it's always lovely to see Hannah Spearitt:)

Theoretically, as her charcter, Lily, ran a bike hire business on the island, she could make another guest experience in the next series. Which would be nice.:)
  • teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iaindb wrote: »
    Theoretically, as her charcter, Lily, ran a bike hire business on the island, she could make another guest experience in the next series. Which would be nice.:)

I hope so. Missed her since Primeval ended, didn't know she was going to be in this episode, it was a nice surprise:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Next epsiode tomorow!
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,363
    Forum Member
    Bump:D

"A big storm is on its way, everyone takes cover except Richard who "lived through the great storm of 87 when his dad's shed roof blew off", and there's been a murder.....

No news on the lizard, but a rubber duck is apparently involved in this week's case so that will have to do, and apparently Richard shows a "softer side to Camille":o

Matthew Horne is GuestStarOfTheWeek.

Enjoy.....