Doc Martin (Part 15 — Spoilers)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    dmbesotted wrote: »
    The difference between DI Morton and the previous female character - whose name escapes me - is so black and white. I found the first character annoying and distracting and I am still forming an opinion of Helen. She is in such contrast to LG, the other female lead, and to the rest of the DCI Banks cast so I think we are meant to be a bit unsure of her. The comments about trust coming from Banks were quite telling. Let's hope that the poker game does begin a thawing out.

I hadn't thought of it before but you are correct that her demeanor is odd for a wife and mother of 4 but the opening scenes of her overseeing the boys homework was very consistent with her crisp, no-nonsense attitude.

With DM beginning to film, perhaps we have seen the last of DI Morton? Wonder what their filming schedule is. Guess the last upcoming episode will tell us her fate.

Episode 3 shows tonight in California. It will be interesting to see the results of the poker game on DI Morton's acceptance by the others.

Andrea Lowe, Bank's sidekick (at least in episodes 2 and 3--she was in a different department in episode 1) was on maternity leave during the filming of Series Two both fictionally and in reality. I have the impression that CC was there to fill in the gap. DI Morton is not a character in the novels upon which the series is based, thus she may not be back assuming Andrea Lowe is available for Series Three.

Series Three is scheduled for filming from August to November 2013 for release in early 2014. Thus it wouldn't interfere CC's schedule for filming DM, but I suspect we've seen the last of DI Morton--after all she has four kids to raise.
  • mmDerdekeammDerdekea Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NewPark wrote: »
    I think we are stressing different things. You cannot actually deal with a phobia without real life exposure to what provokes that anxiety. The practice that is taught is staying in the moment with your fear, noticing them, observing your different physiological reactions, a kind of mindfulness meditation on what is happening, until the anxiety subsides, which it almost always does, after a period of time, if the desensitization is proceeding properly, along the aforesaid "ladder."

It's actually very interesting (to me at least). The person is specifically taught NOT to relax, not to use distracting techniques, but to expose himself to his anxiety and learn by experience that these physiological reactions can be tolerated and will subside.

But I think we may be having a difference in terms -- when I think about meditation, I think about a mindfulness practice, where the object is really to empty your mind, or observe thoughts and let them go. (often accompanied by breathing practices and a "mantra." ) I've never been able to get into that but lots of people swear by it. But I don't think of guided imagery or visualization by the name of meditation. Am happy to be enlightened about it, though.

Oh, interesting. Yes, I definitely with patients define guided imagery as a type of meditation. Like you said, emptying the mind of all thoughts is only one type of meditation. Focusing one's thoughts is also another type; many religions for example use a "mantra" or "names of G-d" etc to focus their meditations on.

That's what DM is doing--seeing the theatre, the patient, the blood, working through it, being comfortable in his meditation and then slowly seeing it translate into being more and more comfortable with actually seeing blood in his cutting up liver, bags of blood and so forth.

He is actually very good at that and seems to take it up rather well. That is why I think he has a history of doing this, and why Edith thus gave him the Buddha as an in-joke, and why he saved it so sentimentally over the years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    :)
    I wonder how many of us remember the famous On the Waterfront scene when Marlon Brando says that to his brother, who has made him take a dive in a prize-fight.

So in S4E3, we have Joe saying to his brother: "You could have been a contender."

Which makes me wonder how many other iconic film references are scattered throughout the series. I'm not in any sense a film buff, so can't really tell, though I have seen a reference in a review of the series to the effect that they do make allusions to other films.

:) lol x

thats the comedy eh!! x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    PLM wrote: »
    Episode 3 shows tonight in California. It will be interesting to see the results of the poker game on DI Morton's acceptance by the others.

Andrea Lowe, Bank's sidekick (at least in episodes 2 and 3--she was in a different department in episode 1) was on maternity leave during the filming of Series Two both fictionally and in reality. I have the impression that CC was there to fill in the gap. DI Morton is not a character in the novels upon which the series is based, thus she may not be back assuming Andrea Lowe is available for Series Three.

Series Three is scheduled for filming from August to November 2013 for release in early 2014. Thus it wouldn't interfere CC's schedule for filming DM, but I suspect we've seen the last of DI Morton--after all she has four kids to raise.

Yes, I knew Andrea Lowe was on real maternity leave. She has done a few other things in 2012 according to IMDB. I was looking for the filming dates for this yesterday but did not see them. Thanks for the info.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    Thanks for this link, for those of us new to the forum this was very interesting reading.
    It is interesting that even a minister sees their relationship as being built on some morality even though it is outside the confines of religious practice. Other than Uncle Jimmy in the restaurant and one reference Louisa makes to the (London) 'school not liking this' - overall the village is very accepting of the situation between DM and LG. Perhaps it is just part of the go with the flow attitude that Bert refers to. It is as though the village expects and so accepts the pregnancy and cohabitation. Recall that there is a scene after the birth when they are going to the village shops and Mrs T makes some very nasty comments and the shopkeeper calls her on it.

As for the wedding question - I certainly hope there is a wedding as the relationship of DM to JH and LG is his lifeline. As mentioned, JH is not legally an Ellingham and this question needs to be resolved for the good of the storyline. DM has purged himself of some demons at the castle and those need a complete burial. A complete and legal relationship to Louisa and in particular to the baby is a life-saving necessary step for DM.

Yes ! what a great post :) but IMO neither the Doc or (the lovely) Louisa are particularly religious!! ... but both are traditional. They both love the idea of the 'perfect' family but neither knows how to do it!! Maybe JH will show them - which I think may be true !!

Legally, JH is Ellingham wether theyre married or not :):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmDerdekea wrote: »

Last, as a physician, I have no idea where the medical advisor was for this episode. He must have been drunk out of his gourd reading the script and watching it filmed. It's literally impossible to do surgery on a patient with confirming their medical situation; that is so far-fetched it is simply too hard to believe. Let alone, we had to add in that after DM had his hand apparently stitched up by a competent nurse, it's immediately bleeding through into his bandage, showing the stitches hadn't held. Seriously, nothing irritates a real doc more than seeing that sort of fake and lame medical mishap. Edith and the nurse are shown to be even more incompetent than Dr. Dibbs! At least she wasn't going to unnecessarily operate on someone!

Hi Mona,

It happened to me. I went to the gp who wrote a letter to the surgeon saying she thought I had a hernia. The surgeon gave me a physical exam and said it was a hernia. I didn't have any scans. He operated and discovered it was endometriosis - everywhere. No pain etc. The lump he was feeling was one of my ovaries that was the size of an orange. I even remember ringing him later and saying I could feel another lump on the other side but he just said he'll look in surgery. No pain etc. He rang a gyno while I was under and then sewed me back up. He apologised and said he sees hundreds of hernias every year and he was sure that was what it was.

It does happen. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I commented earlier that the phrase DM uses in talking with Uncle Jimmy about his sexuality - 'not that there is anything wrong with that' - is a phrase from a Seinfeld episode.
    And I wondered if DMs comments about 'the cupboard under the stairs' was a reference to Harry Potter.

I don't know about Harry Potter, but the Seinfeld reference? Yep.
  • NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biffpup wrote: »
    I don't know about Harry Potter, but the Seinfeld reference? Yep.

HArry Potter is right I think. And there is something about the man dressed as his wife (with the sons and the barking dog that later was presented, stuffed, to DM) that reminds me of something -- I want to say maybe the mother in the Bates Motel in Psycho? but maybe there's something else.
  • dcdmfandcdmfan Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HArry Potter is right I think. And there is something about the man dressed as his wife (with the sons and the barking dog that later was presented, stuffed, to DM) that reminds me of something -- I want to say maybe the mother in the Bates Motel in Psycho? but maybe there's something else.

I think that episode definitely references "Psycho".

The two sisters in series 3 always reminded me of "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane" with Bette Davis and Joan Crawford. They played 2 sisters one of whom was handicapped and submissive (Crawford), and the other who was the dominant one and not so nice (Davis).

The headmaster in series 4 has the same disease as King George. In the movie "The Madness of King George" there is a scene where the King is in the water and his hands are raised exactly the way the headmaster does when Martin pulls him out of the water. That was a deliberate reference to that movie on the part of the actor and the director.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I saw my first DC Banks last night in Southern California. I found CC's portrayal as his sidekick quite compelling. First of all, she was in so many shots. Although I can see what others have said about her channeling DM, I certainly saw some of Helen Mirren/Prime Suspect in her performance (a real compliment from me). If her character was not in the novels, maybe she is having to create it moreas she goes along. And if that's the case, it's quite fascinating to watch. Apparently she's portraying a woman trying to find herself in a traditionally male job. If she were allowed to stay and flower, it would be fun to watch the development. What is it about her that is so watchable, but that garners so little credit for the fine work she does? And why are there virtually no press interviews?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This episode seems to me to be especially jam-packed with plot lines.

First, we have DM and Edith's "relationship" moving on, with the dinner, and the poem and the kiss (yuck). I can't decide how he reacted to the kiss -- he did say it was appropriate. They did manage to work into the DM and Edith scenes the two relationship ending comments to Louisa -- when he compared her perfume to "cheese" and she told him his breath was "metallic." So they showed us how different the reactions were, to Louisa's.

Then we have Joe Penhale and his brother --chiefly interesting in that a) the actors are actually brothers and b) we get to see John Marquez shirtless (and hugging DM, who is surprisingly tolerant of this incursion into his space).

There is the Al and Pauline storyline, which seemed a little lame to me.

And, Louisa finding a new place to live, replacing the "mentally deranged time-waster."

And finally, developments in the pregnancy, including the famous "buttons" scene and the sonogram. These are two of my favorite scenes in that they both show that DM is in fact interested in the baby, regretful about being "shut out" and concerned for Louisa. The scene where he gently reassures her about the sonogram is nice bookend to the one where he reassures her about the heartbeat, and is one of my favorites.

also in the sonogram scene, we get to see Louisa being quite jealous of Edith and DM not picking up on this at all, I don't think but justifiably picking up on, and resenting, her turning to him for "medical help" but otherwise shutting him out.
  • mmDerdekeammDerdekea Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cc.cookie wrote: »
    Hi Mona,

It happened to me. I went to the gp who wrote a letter to the surgeon saying she thought I had a hernia. The surgeon gave me a physical exam and said it was a hernia. I didn't have any scans. He operated and discovered it was endometriosis - everywhere. No pain etc. The lump he was feeling was one of my ovaries that was the size of an orange. I even remember ringing him later and saying I could feel another lump on the other side but he just said he'll look in surgery. No pain etc. He rang a gyno while I was under and then sewed me back up. He apologised and said he sees hundreds of hernias every year and he was sure that was what it was.

It does happen. :)

Oh, bad medicine DOES happen, which is really sad to hear. I'm sorry that episode involved you! My friend in Montana went to the ER for lower right abdomen pain and at age 52, post-menopausal, she was diagnosed as having an "ovarian cyst". She got on her plane flight and when it landed in Los Angeles, the pain was so bad she went to the ER there, and was properly diagnosed with the appendicitis she had and had an immediate appendectomy.

I mean, bad medicine is out there. I just find it interesting that our first meeting with EM is through her being, essentially, a bad doctor--egotistical, over-confident and self-righteous (as DM can be, indeed), but in a way which harms patient care instead of being devoted to maximizing it (as DM tends to be).

We find her patronizing and condescending to him, when he, we realize immediately, is a better doctor than her, possibly always was, and still is even as a GP. If they set that up to have the audience immediately take a dislike to her, I think we can agree overall the writers were successful. :)

It does put DM in an emotional conundrum the whole season--arguing with the woman he loves but cannot connect with at all positively; and getting along, and being supported by the woman he doesn't love. It's so great to see DM walk out of that hotel and shines a wonderful light on his character. He'd rather be in love and honor that love even if he can't BE with that love. A very cool moment for our grumpy doc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dcdmfan wrote: »
    I think that episode definitely references "Psycho".

The two sisters in series 3 always reminded me of "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane" with Bette Davis and Joan Crawford. They played 2 sisters one of whom was handicapped and submissive (Crawford), and the other who was the dominant one and not so nice (Davis).

The headmaster in series 4 has the same disease as King George. In the movie "The Madness of King George" there is a scene where the King is in the water and his hands are raised exactly the way the headmaster does when Martin pulls him out of the water. That was a deliberate reference to that movie on the part of the actor and the director.

NewPark and dcdmfan, yes, I agree. The way the scene in "Blood is Thicker" was arranged and directed definitely was meant to remind us of the discovery of "Mother" in Hitchcock's "Psycho". Viewers were meant to feel the similarity even before DM and Mark Mylow entered the room and found this particular mother. And I think you're right about "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane" too, although that link hadn't previously occurred to me. At least the spooky old bat didn't serve her sister a pet bird or a rat for lunch!

I can't think of any others, but I bet we just haven't remembered. There is an episode title, "Driving Mr. McLynn", which obviously harkens to "Driving Miss Daisy" but the plot is different.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmDerdekea wrote: »
    It does put DM in an emotional conundrum the whole season--arguing with the woman he loves but cannot connect with at all positively; and getting along, and being supported by the woman he doesn't love. It's so great to see DM walk out of that hotel and shines a wonderful light on his character. He'd rather be in love and honor that love even if he can't BE with that love. A very cool moment for our grumpy doc.

And after distressed viewers endured almost an entire series of LG and DM at war, we were finally tossed a bone in S4 E7 in that moment, when we saw that DM was leaving the hotel. You're right. It was honorable, one of his best moments. I knew in that instant that everything would be okay and realized I could relax and go with the assumption that S4, unlike S3, would end on a happy note. I remember just wishing that LG knew what he had done.
  • lemsterlemster Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    I saw my first DC Banks last night in Southern California. I found CC's portrayal as his sidekick quite compelling. First of all, she was in so many shots. Although I can see what others have said about her channeling DM, I certainly saw some of Helen Mirren/Prime Suspect in her performance (a real compliment from me). If her character was not in the novels, maybe she is having to create it moreas she goes along. And if that's the case, it's quite fascinating to watch. Apparently she's portraying a woman trying to find herself in a traditionally male job. If she were allowed to stay and flower, it would be fun to watch the development. What is it about her that is so watchable, but that garners so little credit for the fine work she does? And why are there virtually no press interviews?

I have to say the connection between the characters in DCI Banks is pro forma - no real fire in any of the relationships. Catz does a nice job in building her character and the potential is there for more development, but if we are to believe what was written about her role, this season is a one off.

I agree with your comment about her watch-ability, and her apparent lack of recognition. I notice she does do a lot of, what to me, is avant-garde acting work. I have no idea, if for some reason, this is moves her out of the pop culture sphere that Clunes seems to inhabit. (This isn't a slur on MC at all, as he seem adept at using media to advance causes in which he has interest) Perhaps her lack of interviews is her choice, as a way of maintaining privacy.
    I know she always leave me wanting more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First, we have DM and Edith's "relationship" moving on, with the dinner, and the poem and the kiss (yuck). I can't decide how he reacted to the kiss -- he did say it was appropriate. They did manage to work into the DM and Edith scenes the two relationship ending comments to Louisa -- when he compared her perfume to "cheese" and she told him his breath was "metallic." So they showed us how different the reactions were, to Louisa's.

The kiss seemed clinical to me. Hold still; this won't hurt a bit. That kind of thing.

Right, they did show us DM telling EM her perfume smelled like cheese, so we could see that she reacted calmly, unlike LG. And when EM told DM his breath smelled metallic, he was calm (but brushed his teeth right away) about it. This highlights for us that DM and LG are different types of people, and shows us that he and EM are the same types. It also shows us that, in the world inhabited by DM and EM, comments about breath (or urine-like perfume, etc, etc) aren't extraordinary. In their world, they're normal; LG is the unusual one.
  • mazziebluemazzieblue Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    Biffpup wrote: »
    The kiss seemed clinical to me. Hold still; this won't hurt a bit. That kind of thing.

Right, they did show us DM telling EM her perfume smelled like cheese, so we could see that she reacted calmly, unlike LG. And when EM told DM his breath smelled metallic, he was calm (but brushed his teeth right away) about it. This highlights for us that DM and LG are different types of people, and shows us that he and EM are the same types. It also shows us that, in the world inhabited by DM and EM, comments about breath (or urine-like perfume, etc, etc) aren't extraordinary. In their world, they're normal; LG is the unusual one.

I think this really highlights the point (or what I think the point is) of the Edith and Danny storylines.

Danny is alot like Louisa. He's fun, enjoys a night at the pub, has many friends and is genuinely a decent guy. And yet, Louisa rejects him for DM's dependability and the fact that Martin fights to better the people of Portwenn, even if he can't stand them personally.

Edith is a lot like DM. She's intelligent, driven, somewhat judgmental and doesn't look to take offense at statements of fact, even poorly-timed ones. And yet, DM wants Louisa because she is warm and caring, if frustrating.

I think these series presented us with each of them getting a chance to be with someone who is perfect for them on paper and yet see that they are still drawn to each other. And we get to see the despair of DM and then louisa as they watch their loved one interact with someone who seems clearly more suited to their personality. It also makes me like S5 more. They've established LG doesn't want a "Danny" and DM doesn't want an "Edith", but do they want each other enough to make it work. (and here's hoping they do make it work in S6)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    lemster wrote: »
    I have to say the connection between the characters in DCI Banks is pro forma - no real fire in any of the relationships. Catz does a nice job in building her character and the potential is there for more development, but if we are to believe what was written about her role, this season is a one off.

I agree with your comment about her watch-ability, and her apparent lack of recognition. I notice she does do a lot of, what to me, is avant-garde acting work. I have no idea, if for some reason, this is moves her out of the pop culture sphere that Clunes seems to inhabit. (This isn't a slur on MC at all, as he seem adept at using media to advance causes in which he has interest) Perhaps her lack of interviews is her choice, as a way of maintaining privacy.

I also suspect it has to do with her desire for privacy. Her interviews have been primarily about the films or stage plays in which she is acting, and relatively little about herself (other than what may have motivated her to take on a particular part). She has said little about her background--which is probably upper middle class with a professional father, at least judging from the town where she grew up and went to school. The only Caplan (her real name) in the Altrincham phone book is an M.D. As far as I know, she has never said anything about siblings. This sort of background might have led to an innate desire for privacy.

On the other hand, she also has a possible streak of rebelliosness (singer in a folk rock band for a while; acquisition of a tattoo about which no one seems to have asked about, at least for publication; and, of course, becoming an actress).

Her acting choices have also struck me as unusual (though perhaps not avant-garde)--most of her TV roles have been as police or detective including, of course, DCI Banks. The only major comedic engagement (other than DM) was years ago in the Preston Front sitcom. (She has done a couple of short TV or internet comedies, one with Lenny Henry, and on stage she has done drama, but no detective roles.) Actually I find it somewhat surprising that she ended up in DM given her earlier extensive association with detective programs--though in retrospect it was a stroke of genius, I can't imagine a better person for the role.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also suspect it has to do with her desire for privacy. Her interviews have been primarily about the films or stage plays in which she is acting, and relatively little about herself (other than what may have motivated her to take on a particular part). She has said little about her background--which is probably upper middle class with a professional father, at least judging from the town where she grew up and went to school. The only Caplan (her real name) in the Altrincham phone book is an M.D. As far as I know, she has never said anything about siblings. This sort of background might have led to an innate desire for privacy.

On the other hand, she also has a possible streak of rebelliosness (singer in a folk rock band for a while; acquisition of a tattoo about which no one seems to have asked about, at least for publication; and, of course, becoming an actress).

Her acting choices have also struck me as unusual (though perhaps not avant-garde)--most of her TV roles have been as police or detective including, of course, DCI Banks. The only major comedic engagement (other than DM) was years ago in the Preston Front sitcom. (She has done a couple of short TV or internet comedies, one with Lenny Henry, and on stage she has done drama, but no detective roles.) Actually I find it somewhat surprising that she ended up in DM given her earlier extensive association with detective programs--though in retrospect it was a stroke of genius, I can't imagine a better person for the role.

I think acting with Martin Clunes and being directed by Ben Bolt, plus given a lot of leeway to develop her character, has brought out the best in her. In DCI Banks, I see her as a capable actress, but in DM she is way beyond just capable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

English actors seem to be able to keep things (birthdays, family) more private, to me anyway, than American actors.
    Here we know exactly where on an actresses body she got her tattoo, in a place that I don't want to know! :eek:
    Some people have said they wish MC's was on twitter. I'm glad that he's not. We already know so much about him.
    I prefer for an actor to have some mystery about them. (Don't we all like a little mystery?) And, I think it's probably healthier for them also. It let's them have some control over their lives, and leaves us wanting more. :)
    Sorry, Lemster, I realized I said the same thing at the end that you said.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member

Since this season was supposed to be a one-off, I had some expectation of this last episode somehow wrapping up DI Morton, but I think it did just the opposite. The talk of friendship between Morton and Banks and the final scene of the team together after work at a pub left the relationship up in the air.
    Perhaps there will be another with her as Annie Cabot (Andrea Lowe) comes back. It would be a shame to just suddenly transition back but perhaps there is a back story planned.
    I did like the fleshing out of the character, finally, in this last episode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just want to say how excited I am about our call this Saturday, February 23, at 9 pm GMT. That's 1 pm PT, 4 pm ET, and 8 am the next day in Australia. If you want to be on the call, but forgot to let everyone know, please PM me. There may be a surprise or two in store! :)
  • lemsterlemster Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    ReneeBird wrote: »
    English actors seem to be able
    Sorry, Lemster, I realized I said the same thing at the end that you said.

Great minds ......

On DCI Banks - I notice that I can't understand some of the dialogue, even when I replay it. Which of the many English accents is being use?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mazzieblue wrote: »
    I think this really highlights the point (or what I think the point is) of the Edith and Danny storylines.

Danny is alot like Louisa. He's fun, enjoys a night at the pub, has many friends and is genuinely a decent guy. And yet, Louisa rejects him for DM's dependability and the fact that Martin fights to better the people of Portwenn, even if he can't stand them personally.

Edith is a lot like DM. She's intelligent, driven, somewhat judgmental and doesn't look to take offense at statements of fact, even poorly-timed ones. And yet, DM wants Louisa because she is warm and caring, if frustrating.

I think these series presented us with each of them getting a chance to be with someone who is perfect for them on paper and yet see that they are still drawn to each other. And we get to see the despair of DM and then louisa as they watch their loved one interact with someone who seems clearly more suited to their personality. It also makes me like S5 more. They've established LG doesn't want a "Danny" and DM doesn't want an "Edith", but do they want each other enough to make it work. (and here's hoping they do make it work in S6)

Good points, mazzieblue. We'd had Danny and DM's obvious jealousy. I guess for that reason, if no other, there had to be an Edith. Linking the appearance of an old love interest of Martin's to Louisa's pregnancy was really brilliant. Every good story has to have conflict. They really gave it to us in S4, didn't they?

It does make you wonder why people are the way we are. Logically, by the end of this show we'd have Danny and Louisa as a couple, and we'd have Martin and Edith as a couple. It's what Danny wants (or did). It's what Edith wants. Danny and LG seem well suited. DM and EM seem well suited. Makes me think about my own life and the choices I made.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great minds ......

On DCI Banks - I notice that I can't understand some of the dialogue, even when I replay it. Which of the many English accents is being use?

I finally watched an entire episode when they re-ran it. I missed quite a lot, I think. Just couldn't understand a lot of the dialogue. Maybe American southern ears just can't translate some of the accents.

I watched it, btw, out of curiosity. I had watched about 15 minutes of a previous episode but it just didn't hold my interest. I'm not big on cop shows. I watched this in its entirety specifically to watch CC. I thought she did very well in playing a very restrained kind of character, completely different than LG.
This discussion has been closed.