Prisoner Cell Block H

Comments

• zooooooooooooozooooooooooooo Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Lexie. And don't really find her annoying at all. With the exception of her bullying of Kath Maxwell.

Yeah and me, she's in my Top Ten favourite characters, also used to really fancy Pepe Trevor:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say though Prisoner where I'm up to is nowhere near as good as it has been, I'd say from about 620 onwards it hasn't been the same for me, I'm on episode 657, but I think it does pick up again soon.
  • will2510will2510 Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am just about to start 657 as well, It is pretty quiet just now. Don't think I'm too far away from Blackmoor, although I can't remember those episodes first time round!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    will2510 wrote: »
    Am just about to start 657 as well, It is pretty quiet just now. Don't think I'm too far away from Blackmoor, although I can't remember those episodes first time round!

Yeah I think it does get better soon, there has been two much stupid music and over the top acting for my liking in the last dozen or more episodes.
  • will2510will2510 Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I think it does get better soon, there has been two much stupid music and over the top acting for my liking in the last dozen or more episodes.

Yes, especially Lorelei....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    will2510 wrote: »
    Yes, especially Lorelei....

Absoloutely :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rewatching the 230 episodes, haven't seen them for a few years, Doreen is as annoying as ever but Fletcher is great, forgotten what a good character he was, excellently played as well.

Also really like Linda Goldman been good if she had become a regular. Andrea Hennessey is quite irritating though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also confused as to why Lizzie doesn't remember Janet Conway being a prisoner:confused:
  • Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also confused as to why Lizzie doesn't remember Janet Conway being a prisoner:confused:

While this is likely to be yet another example of dubious continuity, one could justify this for a couple of reasons.

1. Lizzie being older may not have the same sharp memory as Bea Smith.
    2. Even withstanding this excuse, just how many remand prisoners are likely to have been in for a short stint over the years? Hundreds? Thousands? Even someone with a half decent memory may struggle to recall every face.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul1511 wrote: »
    While this is likely to be yet another example of dubious continuity, one could justify this for a couple of reasons.

1. Lizzie being older may not have the same sharp memory as Bea Smith.
    2. Even withstanding this excuse, just how many remand prisoners are likely to have been in for a short stint over the years? Hundreds? Thousands? Even someone with a half decent memory may struggle to recall every face.

That's very true, but you would think Janet would remember Lizzie, it would be hard to forget her :D

Maybe Janet did remember Lizzie but wanting to keep quiet about her past inside doesn't mention it.
  • Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's very true, but you would think Janet would remember Lizzie, it would be hard to forget her :D

Maybe Janet did remember Lizzie but wanting to keep quiet about her past inside doesn't mention it.

Well exactly, Janet was always looking to hide away from the experience, so no way she would act as if she remembered, even if she actually did.

What do you think of Conway? I never really warmed to her, but she doesn't seem to invoke much of an opinion either way with Prisoner fans. I guess it helps that the era she was in was generally strong, the Sandykate era.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul1511 wrote: »
    Well exactly, Janet was always looking to hide away from the experience, so no way she would act as if she remembered, even if she actually did.

What do you think of Conway? I never really warmed to her, but she doesn't seem to invoke much of an opinion either way with Prisoner fans. I guess it helps that the era she was in was generally strong, the Sandykate era.

Yeah I liked Janet, not one of my favourite characters, but she was quite good, although I don't think her and Jim really worked. Yes this is a good era, although I think Kate and Sandy are overrated they are still both good characters and lift the show a bit.

I was really starting to like Linda Goldman and then she went and hung herself:cry: And Mouse I just find completely watchable all the time, even when she's in the background.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rita has arrived at Barnhurst. welcome Brumby and Spike... Well not so much Brumby as I couldn't stand her!

I have been loving the last 30 odd episodes, the boat trip, Roach, Lexie, Nancy, Lorelei, Jessie, the two Lisa Mullins, and Sarah West.

And I love Pamela Madigan, where's she been for all these years???
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might be just me, but is anyone else noticing how long the recaps at the beginning of each episode have gotten from the mid 600s
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rita has arrived at Barnhurst. welcome Brumby and Spike... Well not so much Brumby as I couldn't stand her!

I have been loving the last 30 odd episodes, the boat trip, Roach, Lexie, Nancy, Lorelei, Jessie, the two Lisa Mullins, and Sarah West.

And I love Pamela Madigan, where's she been for all these years???

I'm exactly the opposite, I've found these last couple of dozen or more episodes a real chore to get through, but things have definitely picked up now Ritas in Blackmore.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you guys still watching Wentworth?

I think its fantastic. I can't believe I doubted it. They have done it justice. This weeks episode was my favourite yet.

Back to Prisoner. I'm up to the Barnhurst fire. So not long to go now until its all over. Its defo on its last legs now though. Nothing is really happening to be honest. It just seems to the same storylines repeated but with new characters. You can see why the axe loomed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying all the post Blackmoor riot stuff, would have been good if Roo Morgan had been sent to Wentworth, possibly would have given Prisoner a new lease of life, Rita and her sworn enemy

Sort of like Bea vs Frankie, Bea vs Nola, Myra vs Reb, Myra vs Lou etc etc

Am I the only one that found Stud kind of hot???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying all the post Blackmoor riot stuff, would have been good if Roo Morgan had been sent to Wentworth, possibly would have given Prisoner a new lease of life, Rita and her sworn enemy

Sort of like Bea vs Frankie, Bea vs Nola, Myra vs Reb, Myra vs Lou etc etc

Am I the only one that found Stud kind of hot???

ya know had the series carried on i get the feeling they may well have brought Roo to wentworth, a bit like they brought Marie Winter back after Bea meets up with her in Barnehurst.

I think there would have been potential for a great villian and a feud with Rita. I also think that Kath Maxwell could have got the redemption she gets at the end and carried on in the series.

Rita and Joan were apparently set to leave anyway had the series gone on. I think Kath could have been a longterm 'good' top dog with Roo as the baddie. And if Joan went they could have brought Cynthia Leach in to replace her.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    ya know had the series carried on i get the feeling they may well have brought Roo to wentworth, a bit like they brought Marie Winter back after Bea meets up with her in Barnehurst.

I think there would have been potential for a great villian and a feud with Rita. I also think that Kath Maxwell could have got the redemption she gets at the end and carried on in the series.

Rita and Joan were apparently set to leave anyway had the series gone on. I think Kath could have been a longterm 'good' top dog with Roo as the baddie. And if Joan went they could have brought Cynthia Leach in to replace her.:D

Oh I always wanted to see what the dreaded Cynthia Leach looked like.

Am I right in thinking that she was played by the same woman who portrayed Irene Henderson and Lynn Warner's mum?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I always wanted to see what the dreaded Cynthia Leach looked like.

Am I right in thinking that she was played by the same woman who portrayed Irene Henderson and Lynn Warner's mum?

indeed she was
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It would have been interesting to see how the prison moved on after the Freak was finally toppled, even if only for a few more episodes

Not that I didn't agree with how it ended, it would have been good to see a montage of the major characters as the closing music played for the last time
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    It would have been interesting to see how the prison moved on after the Freak was finally toppled, even if only for a few more episodes

Not that I didn't agree with how it ended, it would have been good to see a montage of the major characters as the closing music played for the last time

I've always imagioned if the series carried on from 692 with Joan gone what could have happened. My ideas for the episodes that follow would be.

Roo Morgan arrives at wentworth. Rita is horrified to see Roo and plots to get her. Roo meanwhile plots to take top dog from Kath. Rita gets Roo to an isolated spot and tries to kill her but is weak from cancer and is beaten by Roo who then tries to kill Rita but Kath arrives and saves Rita. Rodney meanwhile finds out that Kath is lying about the bottles with his fingerprints over them. He sets out to get Kath and decides to get rid of Merle.After Brumby takes one of Merle's comics Rodney witnesses Merle attack Brumby He begins to plant ideas in Merles head about Brumby being out to get her and also starts withholding Merle's meds. He convinces Merle to kill brumby and Merle is transferred to ingleside permanatly.Rodney tells Kath privately that he is responsible for getting rid of Merle. Kath tells Ann what Rodney did and Ann believes her. She tells Rodney she has never liked him and intends to expose the truth about him.Rodney meanwhile has teamed up with Roo and when he tells Roo he wants to get rid of Ann Roo says she can sort that out for him. She arranges to have Ann run over outside wentworth. Although Ann isn't killed she is put into a coma and is critically ill. Rodney is horrified by this as he only wanted Reynolds to lose her job not get killed but Roo doesn't care and tells him he owes her a favour. Merle commits suicide at ingleside and a devastated Kath attacks and tries to kill Rodney.She is sent to solitary where Rodney visits her and rapes her.Following this Kath attempts suicide but is saved. Roo takes over as top dog while a depressed Kath sits in the hospital wing. Rita is fuming but is getting weak from the cancer. Roo also plots an escape and is revealed to be making a bomb. After a visit with Aunty ida Rita decides she wants to be realeased on compassionate grounds, this is granted and Rita gets an emotional leaving party on the same day Roo plots to escape.....

I would have done a storyline whereby Rita dies a hero while saving trapped people in the bomb blast rather than see Rita die slowly from cancer. I believe that sort of exit was fitting of her character....to go out with a bang and as a hero. Of course Alice and Rita's other mates would then be out to get revenge on Roo

Ann does wake from her coma but doesn't want to return to wentworth. Following this the department bring Vera Bennett in as the new governor and meg is demoted to senior officer to make way for a new deputy governor - Cynthia Leach. Colleen Powell returns to Australia after several years overseas and stays with Meg for a while. She decides to return to the prison service.Ann returns to social work and the need for wentworth to have a social worker is addressed with Meg encouraging Ann to return as the social worker

Chrissie Latham returns to Wentworth. Marty finds it hard to deal with meeting the inmate who killed his father and finds himself hating Chrissie. Despite Meg encouraging him to forgive her he sets about making her life difficult. Marty is also dating Spike on the outside much to Meg's dismay and he wants to marry her. However Delia is in love with Marty and begins to stalk him. She sets Spike up to return to wentworth and tries to move in on Marty becoming increasingly obsessed. This would make boring Marty abit more interesting and give Delia a decent storyline!

Spider also returns and Vicki is revealed to be a lesbian who is in love with Spider......

......thinking further ahead if the series went on for several years,maybe up until 1989 or even into the early 90s i would like to have had Kath eventually get her life sentence for Manslaughter reduced. She gets realeased and reunited with Bob who she later marries and she becomes head of the PRG

Maggie Kirkpatrick could be tempted back to the series as Joan having been realeased from prison. Someone begins a campaign of terror against Joan..an ex inmate with a grudge. Bea could be revealed to still be alive and out to get Joan.

Would have loved to bring back Ruth and Sonia as enemies. Ruth being absolutely evil and vile for 20 odd episodes and Sonia just unable to beat her despite her best efforts. Ruth then walking away from court free having had witnesses etc threatened into lying. Ruth is smug but gets shot dead outside court by a hitman hired by Sonia.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always imagioned if the series carried on from 692 with Joan gone what could have happened. My ideas for the episodes that follow would be.

Roo Morgan arrives at wentworth. Rita is horrified to see Roo and plots to get her. Roo meanwhile plots to take top dog from Kath. Rita gets Roo to an isolated spot and tries to kill her but is weak from cancer and is beaten by Roo who then tries to kill Rita but Kath arrives and saves Rita. Rodney meanwhile finds out that Kath is lying about the bottles with his fingerprints over them. He sets out to get Kath and decides to get rid of Merle.After Brumby takes one of Merle's comics Rodney witnesses Merle attack Brumby He begins to plant ideas in Merles head about Brumby being out to get her and also starts withholding Merle's meds. He convinces Merle to kill brumby and Merle is transferred to ingleside permanatly.Rodney tells Kath privately that he is responsible for getting rid of Merle. Kath tells Ann what Rodney did and Ann believes her. She tells Rodney she has never liked him and intends to expose the truth about him.Rodney meanwhile has teamed up with Roo and when he tells Roo he wants to get rid of Ann Roo says she can sort that out for him. She arranges to have Ann run over outside wentworth. Although Ann isn't killed she is put into a coma and is critically ill. Rodney is horrified by this as he only wanted Reynolds to lose her job not get killed but Roo doesn't care and tells him he owes her a favour. Merle commits suicide at ingleside and a devastated Kath attacks and tries to kill Rodney.She is sent to solitary where Rodney visits her and rapes her.Following this Kath attempts suicide but is saved. Roo takes over as top dog while a depressed Kath sits in the hospital wing. Rita is fuming but is getting weak from the cancer. Roo also plots an escape and is revealed to be making a bomb. After a visit with Aunty ida Rita decides she wants to be realeased on compassionate grounds, this is granted and Rita gets an emotional leaving party on the same day Roo plots to escape.....

I would have done a storyline whereby Rita dies a hero while saving trapped people in the bomb blast rather than see Rita die slowly from cancer. I believe that sort of exit was fitting of her character....to go out with a bang and as a hero. Of course Alice and Rita's other mates would then be out to get revenge on Roo

Ann does wake from her coma but doesn't want to return to wentworth. Following this the department bring Vera Bennett in as the new governor and meg is demoted to senior officer to make way for a new deputy governor - Cynthia Leach. Colleen Powell returns to Australia after several years overseas and stays with Meg for a while. She decides to return to the prison service.Ann returns to social work and the need for wentworth to have a social worker is addressed with Meg encouraging Ann to return as the social worker

Chrissie Latham returns to Wentworth. Marty finds it hard to deal with meeting the inmate who killed his father and finds himself hating Chrissie. Despite Meg encouraging him to forgive her he sets about making her life difficult. Marty is also dating Spike on the outside much to Meg's dismay and he wants to marry her. However Delia is in love with Marty and begins to stalk him. She sets Spike up to return to wentworth and tries to move in on Marty becoming increasingly obsessed. This would make boring Marty abit more interesting and give Delia a decent storyline!

Spider also returns and Vicki is revealed to be a lesbian who is in love with Spider......

......thinking further ahead if the series went on for several years,maybe up until 1989 or even into the early 90s i would like to have had Kath eventually get her life sentence for Manslaughter reduced. She gets realeased and reunited with Bob who she later marries and she becomes head of the PRG

Maggie Kirkpatrick could be tempted back to the series as Joan having been realeased from prison. Someone begins a campaign of terror against Joan..an ex inmate with a grudge. Bea could be revealed to still be alive and out to get Joan.

Would have loved to bring back Ruth and Sonia as enemies. Ruth being absolutely evil and vile for 20 odd episodes and Sonia just unable to beat her despite her best efforts. Ruth then walking away from court free having had witnesses etc threatened into lying. Ruth is smug but gets shot dead outside court by a hitman hired by Sonia.

Very good :D:D love the return of Chrissie and Sonia, also could you have it that Lou Kelly, Paddy Lawson, Tammy Fisher, Randi Goodlove and Mouse hadn't really died:D
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would have been good to see Marty's reaction to Chrissie.

Amanda Muggleton always said she was going to return but by the time her play had finished her friends had left so she didn't come back. Shame.

I would have kept Merle though. She along with Rita is probably the strongest character in terms of inmate that final era had.

It would have been perfect if Bea's death had some how been faked and she had been the one who returned to bring the Freak down. That would have been my perfect ending. I felt it should always have been Bea who had that final laugh.
  • BirdsworthBirdsworth Posts: 1,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really like the idea of Bea returning from her faked death (I always suspected as such, from the time the Barnhurst fire was first announced). But I don't think she would have potentially risked uncovering her new identity just to get some revenge on the Freak.
    Maybe a more-Wentworth kind of storyline would be Po-Face watching TV in her hotel room in the UK, and spotting Bea trying to flog some painting on an Antiques Roadshow-style programme? (Prisoner has now got a budget to do overseas location shots by the mid-90s, btw.)

And don't forget the return of that other obviously-faked death, Sandy Edwards. Plenty of potential there...