Corrie Cull: Ten to go? (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

FuddFudd Posts: 166,867
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭✭
TEN top characters are in the firing line in the latest Corrie cull.

Faves Karl Munro, Marcus Dent, Izzy Armstrong, Rob Donovan and Mandy Kamara are among those on a hit list drawn up by show bosses.

They will follow Sunita Alahan — whose exit was announced earlier this week — in a bid to freshen up the long-running soap.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/4624684/Its-game-over-for-Corrie-10.html#ixzz2B7iFxO1l

It's like the Brian Park era all over again, only with less popular characters!

Comments

• Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Marcus is the only one who registers with me outta that lot, shame if he was axed.
  • NormandyMaryNormandyMary Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite agree. We must fight to save Marcus. The rest can sling their hooks. Lose Sean, keep Marcus!!!
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit of a shock, yes. Love Corrie. Been watching it for over twenty years. I'm shocked to see Izzy and Marcus's names up there, as out of of them all, they are my faves. Hope they stay. Marcus has been a true friend to Maria during her Cancer scare.
    Forum Member
    Quite agree. We must fight to save Marcus. The rest can sling their hooks. Lose Sean, keep Marcus!!!

I'll go for that.

I still can't quite understand the timing of Rob's introduction, his only link to the show went on a long break as soon as he appeared? He's just wandered around aimlessly since.
  • R2Y5A0N2R2Y5A0N2 Posts: 54,679
    Forum Member
    I think that Corrie should axe the following:

*1 - Mandy
    *2 - Sean
    *3 - Karl
    *4 - Rob
    *5 - Sylvia
    *6 - Owen
    *7 - Pam
    *8 - Bill
    *9 - Dennis
    *10 - Kirsty
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldnt call Karl, Rob, Mandy or Izzy faves.
    Save Marcus. Add Sean, Ryan, Tracy, Jenna, Michelle, Armstrongs/Windasses, Gloria, Maria, Kirk, Alahans, Chesney and Fizz
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    They're hardly gonna axe Izzy since this surrogacy storyline is going ahead unless they plan a really dramatic conclusion. If they get rid of her, they can get rid of the rest of the Armstrong/Windasses/Chesney imo
    Forum Member
    They're hardly gonna axe Izzy since this surrogacy storyline is going ahead unless they plan a really dramatic conclusion. If they get rid of her, they can get rid of the rest of the Armstrong/Windasses/Chesney imo

Keep Anna, I think she is the only character in the family who works away from the family.
  • JWDrama1980JWDrama1980 Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    None of these characters really add anything to Corrie. So I would be happy to see any of them go
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Dennis, I'd also love to see them get rid of Rita and Ken but I doubt this will ever happen.
  • LousianaLousiana Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Faves Karl Munro, Marcus Dent, Izzy Armstrong, Rob Donovan and Mandy Kamara are among those on a hit list drawn up by show bosses.

Since when were these faves. Mandy has only been in it five minutes and has hardly been an instant hit; ditto Carla's lame brother.

Karl was ruined through his affair with Sunita and Izzy divides fans at best.

The only one out of that lot I would say is actually a hit with fans and the only one I would miss is Marcus. Please keep him and get rid of Sean instead!

In general I do not think Collinson was great at introducing newbies with the likes of Owen, Gloria, Stella (okay people are starting to warm to her now but she has been in it over a year so it was about time and I'm still not entirely convinced by the stunt casting,the daughter Eva is the best of the lot), Karl, and Lloyds family all proving to be flops. (speaking of Lloyd's dull family, why isn't the daughter on the list as wel as the mother?)

I'm actually disappointed by some of the names not on the list and hope they will still feature in the mix somewhere, the likes of Tully need to go way more than some of the ones listed here. Tully is annoying whereas Lloyd's family are dull but largely inoffensive, I know who I would get rid of first given half the chance.
  • avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Axing should be the last resort. The storylines are what needs improvement at the moment.
    However if I had to 'axe' any characters it would be:

Carla
    Rob
    Ryan
    Sean
  • Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand Izzy,Marcus or his boyfriend right characters to axe.
  • Green KnickersGreen Knickers Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Marcus is a lovely character but lovely and interesting not lovely and dull.Big mistake to axe him.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt any of this is true, a new Producer always means stories like this but Stuart Blackburn doesnt even start at Corrie till January.
  • StefaninoStefanino Posts: 2,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sun? Nuff said: complete b/s...anyone who buys/reads/believes tabloid drivel shouldn't post such cr@p! :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stefanino wrote: »
    The Sun? Nuff said: complete b/s...anyone who buys/reads/believes tabloid drivel shouldn't post such cr@p! :mad:

Some tabloids do have good sources for soap stories although each story has to be taken on a case by case basis.It could be true-obviously they do get it wrong sometimes but I thought the sun and star were often more right than wrong on soap stories?
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pleased if the following leave:-

Karl
    Sunita
    Dev

Dont know about :-
    Mandy
    Rob
    they haven't really had any storylines to get their teeth into to make that judgement yet, although I am a tad disappointed with Rob I thought he was going to be much better.

Gutted about:-

Izzy - she is just coming into her own
    Marcus - I like his character without Sean

Would much rather the following would leave :-

Tracy
    Sean
    Paul
    Eva
    Ryan
  • norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,659
    Forum Member
    I pretty much agree with CherryRose except *whispers* I like Dev and don't want him to go. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would axe Sean,Dev,Fiz and Izzys sister-her name I cant recall.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm very surprised at Marcus being on the list, he has so much potential
  • ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    The rest of them on the list can go but I'll be annoyed if Marcus is axed - especially if Dame Cotton sticks around. What dirt does he have on TPTB at Granada, seriously?
    Marcus is a really good, secure portrayal of a normal gay man (silly dalliances with Maria aside :rolleyes:)
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First axe Tracy and the fireman, please.
  • RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    This isn't true. You can tell when stories are not, this is speculation and probably made up.

You'd think the Sun would avoid their Corrie insider after the whole Michelle Collins report that wasn't true.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    I hate the sun, boycotted it all my life!