The Future of Hollyoaks *Spoilers*

GoosebeeGoosebee Posts: 5,271
Forum Member
So with the list of recently departed or soon to be leaving characters getting even longer (Lynsey, Riley, Rhys, Jono, Neil, Maddie, Brendan, Mitzeee. Bart. Joel, Cheryl) and others potentially leaving, how would you like to see Hollyoaks move forward?

Are there any particular storylines you would like explored- or what direction would you take the show in if you were in charge?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think although it's sad to see some very beloved faces disappear, particularly Emmett Scanlan who will be missed severely, Hollyoaks' future remains bright!

As long as they continue to put Characters BEFORE Storylines, they should be fine!

I think there's still a handful of great people left eg. Mercedes, Jacqui, Dr Browning, Cindy, Nancy and Texas... that will drive HO forward! :D Fans shouldn't give up hope just yet...!
  • garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    Lynsey left over 7 months ago, i think Oaks has managed to go foward enough in that time
  • IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    garyessex wrote: »
    Lynsey left over 7 months ago, i think Oaks has managed to go foward enough in that time

But I still miss her :cry:
  • MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    People need to stop been Drama Queens (not saying anyone has in this thread) the show will be fine.
  • GoosebeeGoosebee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    I never said that the show has suffered for Lynsey's loss or that it won't cope. I was simply intrigued to hear what people's ideas are as to how the show could move forward as it is moving in a new direction. Personally im enjoying the show a great deal at the minute- have become addicted for the first time in ages. For a few weeks i thought it was beginning to weaken but it has picked up again now. The point of the thread was more to see peoples ideas :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrWoodySir wrote: »
    People need to stop been Drama Queens (not saying anyone has in this thread) the show will be fine.

I think you're right. But I must admit news on Brendan and Cheryl's exits were gut-wrentching for me though I have now come to terms with it and know for a full fact that HO will continue to grow and grow!
  • IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goosebee wrote: »
    I never said that the show has suffered for Lynsey's loss or that it won't cope. I was simply intrigued to hear what people's ideas are as to how the show could move forward as it is moving in a new direction. Personally im enjoying the show a great deal at the minute- have become addicted for the first time in ages. For a few weeks i thought it was beginning to weaken but it has picked up again now. The point of the thread was more to see peoples ideas :)

Hmm, I'm never really that good at coming up with SL's!

Not sure what's going on with Sienna, but she looks interesting. So keep going with that whole possessive side of her.

Give the McQueens a bit less screen time. I like them, but it's been a bit of an overload lately.

More Darren/Nancy, I do love those two!
  • actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    is Cheryl definitely leaving?
  • Owen19Owen19 Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New HCC students, but with gripping and interesting storylines.

I think Sienna is an intriguing character, same for Patrick and they are great additions to the cast, but I don't want an incest storyline with Sienna and Dodger, far to predictable.

I love the Osbournes, I'd keep them as they are I hope Ruby dies though, no where the character can go but I do like the character of Ruby.

I'd like to keep the likes of Annalise and Barney and give her an OCD storyline, and for Barney and Carmel to become a proper couple.

Bring the Kanes to the forefront more, by the way you forgot Lacey on your departed list, shame really she was one of the better teenagers. They are one of my favourite families and I'd love for them to get better storylines.

Get rid of the Savages (Liberty, Will, possibly Dirk and maybe Dennis) I like Dennis because of his comedic nature and I'd like him and Leanne to become a couple and have a happy ending. I'd also get rid of Jen and Liam, then again I've got a feeling they'll be gone before summer, probably sooner.

Create a nice group of college students (Callum, George, Phoebe, Tilly) and I'd probably get rid of Dylan, his deafness has been a wasted storyline and he doesn't do anything.

Calm down abit with the McQueens, yes they are my favourite family but there storylines are getting abit repetitive, I'd axe Theresa and Nana I think they're dragging the family down.

I would rebuild the O'Connors, I liked that family and I'm pleased Diane and Sinead are still there, even though Sinead is an evil bully I still like the character.
  • winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing is won't Callum, Tilly, Sinead and George go to university or will they study at HCC
  • garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    People have said the same for years. When Jambo, Kurt and Ruth went, when Sarah, Hannah and Zoe went. When Max, OB and Clare went. Infact i remember when the likes of the Costellos and Brendan and Mitzeee were introduced nobody wanted them and were furious such characters like Charlotte , Josh and Jem were going
  • MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    More Dirk and Jim would be great for me... both characters have great potential.

The Osbournes need to come to the forefront more, would like to see Tom getting his first girlfriend ... he hasn't grown for the last 5 years! Or maybe he could be deeply affected by his parents death, brother death and sister in laws death!

Get rid of Liam, Rob, Theresa, Ste and Will POSSIBLY....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ownnnn wrote: »
    Barney and Carmel to become a proper couple.

Calm down abit with the McQueens, yes they are my favourite family but there storylines are getting abit repetitive, I'd axe Theresa and Nana I think they're dragging the family down.

Yes, Barney and Carmel, I am sure were put together as the comedy aspect, but they surprisingly worked. They should get back together and live happily ever after. Their scenes together would be hilarious as a couple.

The McQueens are currently the funny filler part of HO, which of late has gone so far as to spoil some of the family, Myra inparticular. And yes, Nana is supposed to be funny but she isn't, she is just cringeworthy and should be gone. Theresa, the same. She is supposed to be the ditzy one. We already have that in Carmel. Theresa would be no loss at all.
  • EEforestEEforest Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still think there's a strong cast. I said this after Brendan's exit was announced but I am still very much invested in the characters of Tony, Cindy, Darren, Nancy, Jack, Frankie, Diane, Sinead, Esther, Ruby, Sienna, Dodger, Texas, Will, Martha, Callum, Myra, Jacqui, Carmel, Tilly and Annalise. I know some of them are unpopular on here but I still really like them :D

What's surprising is, out of all the characters that arrived during the massive revamp in 2010, only Texas, Sinead, Diane, Leanne, Doug and Liberty are the only ones still in the show!
    Forum Member
    I agree that there is so much potential with the cast that are left. I'd quite like to see some strong new friendships developed. Maybe some new characters to change the dynamics of the show. I don't think they need to lose anymore of the cast though although there are a few that wouldn't be missed. I'd quite like Will and Dodger to be explored more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree that there is so much potential with the cast that are left. I'd quite like to see some strong new friendships developed. Maybe some new characters to change the dynamics of the show. I don't think they need to lose anymore of the cast though although there are a few that wouldn't be missed. I'd quite like Will and Dodger to be explored more.

Urgh not Will;)
    Forum Member
    I know not many people agree. But I think if he is written right he could potentially be a really good character. I like him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know not many people agree. But I think if he is written right he could potentially be a really good character. I like him.

I did like him in 2011, when he was a loveable geek but now his sudden character change to a perverted freak along with dire acting has made him become one of the least liked current characters, along with Liberty.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    EEforest wrote: »
    I still think there's a strong cast. I said this after Brendan's exit was announced but I am still very much invested in the characters of Tony, Cindy, Darren, Nancy, Jack, Frankie, Diane, Sinead, Esther, Ruby, Sienna, Dodger, Texas, Will, Martha, Callum, Myra, Jacqui, Carmel, Tilly and Annalise. I know some of them are unpopular on here but I still really like them :D

What's surprising is, out of all the characters that arrived during the massive revamp in 2010, only Texas, Sinead, Diane, Leanne, Doug and Liberty are the only ones still in the show!

God only knows how Leanne's lasted :D
  • vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think with BK at the helm it'll be okay. We lost Sarah, Mike, Zoe, Hannah, Calvin in a short space of time and they were very prominent and LA was left and it was a mess.

I know Bryan said more people are coming back. I just hope he makes the deadwood characters into prominent ones. Pre-BK Hannah and Sarah were awful. Decent direction can fix anyone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    God only knows how Leanne's lasted :D

Never mind Leanne, how on earth has Liberty lasted this long!!
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They need the strongest at the front and in my opinion we need lots of :- Jack, Frankie, Nancy, Darren, Esther, Phoebe, Jacqui, Ste, John-Paul, Tony, Cindy, Sienna (theres something about her) and possibly Patrick as J-Sheffield is a great actor.

Oh and pleaseee let Annalise have an OCD storyline! She would nail it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh and pleaseee let Annalise have an OCD storyline! She would nail it.

I very much doubt this will happen unfortunately, I love her character
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ownnnn wrote: »
    I very much doubt this will happen unfortunately, I love her character

:( Me too. I think the actress is great and she would so nail a big storyline.