P!nk - Just Give me a Reason ft Nate Ruess - Future #1 ?

Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I believe it has been one of the best duets in a long time, these features alot of the time can be pointless and just to give more publicity to the song. However with Just Give me a Reason I really believe Nate is the perfect addition to the song, as him and P!nk's vocals blend together so well. I think this is also P!nk's best song in a very long time, the song's video has had 10,000,000 views in 1 week. The song is really radio friendly, I think the song will be a massive hit for her, I will get 2 number 1.

Thoughts ?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it should do, but being the third single it will be a hard push. stranger things have happened though!
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It sounds more like a Fun. song than her song but it's an okay duet i have heard better. But agreed it is probably here best release in a long time and certainly the best from TTAL :)
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot to put a link the link for the song up incase some of you wanted to hear it :) Sorry. Here is the live version of the song, I hope that you enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfcTTFuGg6E
  • LMLM Posts: 63,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love love love this song. Ever since the album dropped. Deserves to be a big hit for her, the biggest for this era. I also think she will win big with this at the grammys next year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    Nice verses, annoying chorus.

It will be a moderate hit, but not #1. 'Blow Me' didn't go #1 and neither did 'Try' and those songs were actually promoted, so the new single would be lucky to get a top 20 peak in the UK.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Agree, this will be a big sleeper hit - I bet by April/May it will be one of the biggest songs of the year
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    US number 1 most definetly.

Perhaps about number 6 here.
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    I don't think it'll get to #1 in the US because they count streaming in their chart, and Pink's songs don't get streamed much (due to her target audience).

I don't think it'll get to #1 here either. It's very rare for an song released after an album to get to #1.
  • Chris_WaltonChris_Walton Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    Pink knows how to do sleeper hits pretty well, so i wouldn't bet against JGMAR being a success
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    it should do, but being the third single it will be a hard push. stranger things have happened though!

In fact, Pink herself managed this when she released Just Like A Pill as the 3rd single from Missundaztood, it went straight to number 1 in the UK! Let's hope she can do it again!
  • _BollyKnickers__BollyKnickers_ Posts: 4,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not keen on this song, think there are much better songs on the album, but a lot of people seem to like it and I've already seen the video quite a bit so it may do well.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it is an amazing song, and hope it does well.
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    n1ko0 wrote: »
    In fact, Pink herself managed this when she released Just Like A Pill as the 3rd single from Missundaztood, it went straight to number 1 in the UK! Let's hope she can do it again!

It was different back in the early 00's when it was all physical singles. Nowadays as soon as the album is released, all the songs on it are available to download, which makes it more difficult for songs released after albums to chart really high, as they'll have to climb up the chart.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    I have the album and really like it but i just can't seem to take to this tune. Don't no what it is but as soon as i hear it i now i have to skip. Baffled.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try deserved a number 1 to be fair, although it seems to have done really well without really being a smash.

Love P!nk.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The song has already made the top 40 according to mid weeks, so not bad so far.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    O.Michel wrote: »
    Nice verses, annoying chorus.

It will be a moderate hit, but not #1. 'Blow Me' didn't go #1 and neither did 'Try' and those songs were actually promoted, so the new single would be lucky to get a top 20 peak in the UK.

My thoughts precisely!

I thought the verse started really well,but POOR chorus. Disappointing,

(Im a big Pink fan)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The weeks #1 in Australia.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jonesy88 wrote: »
    The weeks #1 in Australia.

She could release a recording of her singing the phone book and it would go to number 1 over there. She is huge there.

I hope this does well for her world-wide. I didn't like it at first, but it has really grown on me the more I listen to it.
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Obsessed with this song. It xcertainly deserves to be #1.
  • MrRenMrRen Posts: 1,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pink has absolutely nailed it with the single choices so far! If Walk Of Shame is the 4th single then she'll have played it perfectly which will be thoroughly impressive considering how poor this album is!
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrRen wrote: »
    Pink has absolutely nailed it with the single choices so far! If Walk Of Shame is the 4th single then she'll have played it perfectly which will be thoroughly impressive considering how poor this album is!

You think the album is poor?
  • MrRenMrRen Posts: 1,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    You think the album is poor?

Well it's by no means her strongest outing and there's a hell of a lot of filler on there so by her standards this album is poor! By no means the worst of last year though.
  • wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pink knows how to do sleeper hits pretty well, so i wouldn't bet against JGMAR being a success

Whats a sleeper hit?
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I love this song. I don't think it will get to number one though.