TV Headphones Problem

I have a flat screen and the way it is placed, Its not easy to access the headphone socket on the back everytime I need headphones.

I just bought a short extention. my plan was to keep the extention all the time and have an easy access in front of the TV for headphone.

DOH :(

Soon as I put the extention pin, the sound of the TV goes off.

Is there any way I have access to headphone socket at the FRONT of the TV without the sound of the TV going off ??

Comments

• iangradiangrad Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately the only cure is to replace the TV with something like a Mid market or upwards Panasonic where you have a separate headphone volume in the sound menu also it will not cut out the speakers when you insert the plug .

More £ friendly way round this may be to power the headphones from a amplifier connected to "audio out " phonos on the TV .
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,330
    Forum Member
    Sony sets also commonly have various headphone/sound options, where you can set the headphone socket to mute the speakers or not, and even be variable or not.
  • Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,854
    Forum Member
    I'm sure my mum's Hitachi can also do this as the headphone socket was way round the back so I plugged in a wee extension cable to reach the front but it doesn't cut the sound to the TV speakers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    magicshaw wrote: »
    I have a flat screen and the way it is placed, Its not easy to access the headphone socket on the back everytime I need headphones.

I just bought a short extention. my plan was to keep the extention all the time and have an easy access in front of the TV for headphone.

DOH :(

Soon as I put the extention pin, the sound of the TV goes off.

Is there any way I have access to headphone socket at the FRONT of the TV without the sound of the TV going off ??

Check the sound settings in the menu setup on your TV to see if it supports "speaker link".
    If it doesn't : Connect something like this device to the digital audio output on the back of your TV. ( You'll need the appropriate coaxial or optical cable as well as a USB socket to power the amp )
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lindy-Digital-Analogue-Converter-Headphone/dp/B005ZRV07U/ref=sr_1_29?ie=UTF8&qid=1373313334&sr=8-29&keywords=headphone+dac+amplifier