Comments

• chandlerpchandlerp Posts: 4,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is very very lightweight
  • PetingoPetingo Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great news.....I love those characters in the Baldacci novels.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't heard of this but the premise sounds good so i'll certainly give it a try.
    chandlerp wrote: »
    It is very very lightweight

Not always a bad thing as it means it'll likely have some longevity ..
  • malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,051
    Forum Member
    Petingo wrote: »
    Great news.....I love those characters in the Baldacci novels.

Also read the books, as he has been writing the series off and on with his other ones for a good few years now.

One word of warning is the series future is up in the air as only one season so far and no sign of a renewal yet even though TNT have announced what's happening to their other shows, with renewals already announced for Major Crimes, Rizzoli & Isles etc.

Hopefully strong overseas sales like to UK may help the economics and encourage a renewal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    malcy30 wrote: »
    One word of warning is the series future is up in the air as only one season so far and no sign of a renewal yet even though TNT have announced what's happening to their other shows, with renewals already announced for Major Crimes, Rizzoli & Isles etc.

Hhmm .. that doesn't sound good. It'll be even worse for Alibi if the cancellation notice comes down before they start airing it.

If that doesn't happen, I'll probably series link it and let it stack up until the decision is made.
    Forum Member
    Hhmm .. that doesn't sound good. It'll be even worse for Alibi if the cancellation notice comes down before they start airing it.

If that doesn't happen, I'll probably series link it and let it stack up until the decision is made.

They have said not been screened on Alibi until 2014, so any decision should be known by then.

Alibi currently have a lot of new shows on like Rizzoli & Isles, Major Crimes and Republic of Doyle (starts next month). They could wait until February or March so run with new Castle.
    Forum Member
    No surprise has been cancelled after one reason in US as rating much lower than Rizzoli & Isles and Major Crimes. So now no need to watch. I presume Alibi will still broadcast at some point but they must be kicking themselves they held it back so long as still not on their forthcoming schedule.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    malcy30 wrote: »
    No surprise has been cancelled after one reason in US as rating much lower than Rizzoli & Isles and Major Crimes. So now no need to watch. I presume Alibi will still broadcast at some point but they must be kicking themselves they held it back so long as still not on their forthcoming schedule.

I suppose you could argue they were doing the same as many in this thread and waiting to see if it survived. Ah well, I won't bother with it if it's binned. Seemed like a good idea as well.
  • xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately this has just been cancelled by TNT.

http://tvline.com/2013/09/20/king-and-maxwell-cancelled-tnt/

Already watched this over the summer, was ok to pass 40 mins.

Put it in the same category as Perception, lightweight fun dramas.
  • chandlerpchandlerp Posts: 4,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not exactly the longest thread in the world to have noticed the last couple of posts were about it being cancelled.
    Forum Member
    chandlerp wrote: »
    Not exactly the longest thread in the world to have noticed the last couple of posts were about it being cancelled.

Won't take it personally they were unable to read my posts which as you say we were already discussing this :D
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't a fan of the first couple of eps but then 'things' kicked in and it was worth sticking with it until the end.