How often do Virgin TV roll out in new areas?

GBNL012GBNL012 Posts: 38
Forum Member
Is Virgin TV expanding into new areas and is there a way to find out when I will come to my area?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Is Virgin TV expanding into new areas and is there a way to find out when I will come to my area?

Think maybe you should rephrase above. Having said that the system does expand. Not as fast as people would like of course but it's usually an extension of an existing part of the system.
  • Nick_LondonNick_London Posts: 486
    Forum Member

There is nothing stopping Virgin Media or other companies from expanding or creating new Cable franchises.

Smallworld Media,Wight Cable and BT Global are also existing Cable franchise holders. However,BT Global leases its franchise to Virgin Media which currently provides Analogue TV only at the moment in Milton Keynes, Broadband was available in Westminster however the network currently lies dormant in Westminster and Barbican.

What BT can do is fully upgrade the franchises and provide Digital and fibre services directly. The reason why BT doesn't was a competition issue as it also had some share in BskyB but is no longer the case.

Aberdeen,Westminster,Isle of Dogs,Barbican and Clacton all remain with no cable services.
  • Nick_LondonNick_London Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Winston_1 wrote: »
    Analogue in Milton keynes was turned off a few weeks ago.

Some people will be stuffed!