TV's in Hotels

Im going to Paris for month for work, i want to take my dvd player to plug into the hotel TV.

Someone told me that hotel TV's in general dont allow this so dont have a scart connection, just wondering if this is true or if anyone has done this, i know it depends on the hotel but i was wondering in general is this a known fact?

I cant remember in the last few years being able to buy a TV without a scart connection so cant see how this would be possible

Comments

• Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,330
    Forum Member
    Assuming it's a proper hotel TV even if it has SCART it could well be disabled in the hotel mode settings.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    thanks,

is there anyway around this ?
  • trayhop123trayhop123 Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yup ,,,,,, take a cheap portable dvd player ,,,,,,,,, even brand new theres an argos value jobby for around 50 squids

hotel/b'n'b tellies are usually 14inch square out the ark tv's perched on a bracket high up on the ceiling a million miles from your bed lol

sooner have a little widescreen directly infront of my eyes laying in bed in comfort
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,330
    Forum Member
    thanks,

is there anyway around this ?

We don't even know if that's the case :D

But if so, essentially not.
  • skinjskinj Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you've got a laptop with DVD player just use that instead, saves messing around with a TV that may or may not work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,383
    Forum Member
    Thoughts;

1) SCART is a French invention and ALL TVs sold in France used to have to have a SCART on by law! (might have changed now)

2) Travelled the world (Europe, Asia, US, OZ/NZ) and with very few exceptions the hotel TVs (CRT or flat screen) have had an AV input on Phono (aka RCA/Cinch) connectors for me to plug my ancient camcorder into and review footage, so take the right lead- you might not need SCART. Sometimes on the front - behind a flap, sometimes on the side/rear but usually there is one available.
  • xp95xp95 Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skinj wrote: »
    If you've got a laptop with DVD player just use that instead, saves messing around with a TV that may or may not work.
    Or even better, the TV might happen to have an integrated DVD player. :cool: