How do i find the sex offenders list in the UK?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,133
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Specifically, the Chester area.

Any help?

Comments

• Rugby RoseRugby Rose Posts: 13,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't think it was a list as such but you can ask the police if there are any in your area now? :confused:

The police and courts have access to the 'register' but it's not available to the public.
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mart F wrote: »

Any help?

You cant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn, a friend told me it was available online as they'd seen a certain unsavoury character well known in the city centre on it.

Oh well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,156
    Forum Member
    118 118
  • pabs1904pabs1904 Posts: 4,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would you even want to?

Ready to call the other villagers up, ready to fight :rolleyes:?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,383
    Forum Member

Any help?

Where are you located, actually in Chester or abroad?? There is no specific legislated public access to the UK Sex Offenders Register - I would have thought it was common knowledge that we have NO equivalent to Megan's Law (in the USA).

Conditional access is being trialled in four regions at present, whereby those with "just cause" can apply to be notified of any registrants in their immediate area, but this is only a trial and it is not known if it will go beyond that yet.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2008/sep/15/childprotection.ukcrime

http://www.itpro.co.uk/606153/public-trial-of-sex-offender-database-begins
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a limited trial of giving some people the information in certain circumstances (looks like a "Vigilantes Welcome" sign to me!).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pabs1904 wrote: »
    Why would you even want to?

Ready to call the other villagers up, ready to fight :rolleyes:?

I'm curious to know whether this crackhead character is on it like he's rumoured to be as he spends an awful lot of time around children.

Thanks for the info, LCDMAN.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm curious to know whether this crackhead character is on it like he's rumoured to be as he spends an awful lot of time around children.

You can provide the Police with information on suspicious behaviour, and they can check it out.
  • pabs1904pabs1904 Posts: 4,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can provide the Police with information on suspicious behaviour, and they can check it out.

Is right.

As we live in something called a civilised society, we don't have lists available for mob minded, imbecilic creatures.

:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We need a UK version of To Catch A Predator.
  • ClientFanClientFan Posts: 3,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pabs1904 wrote: »
    Is right.

As we live in something called a civilised society, we don't have lists available for mob minded, imbecilic creatures.

:eek:

It would be nice to have a register of 'children' who have committed offences against adults.
  • EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Can I ask a question - what would you do with the information, if it was available to you?
    Say you found out he was on the list - what would you do?
    And what would you do if you found out he wasn't?
  • artnadaartnada Posts: 10,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So, just because he hangs around children he's automatically a paedo?

I feel sorry for paediatricians then. :rolleyes:

Looks like the Daily Mail and Sky News have done thier job well.

No man can even be seen near a child these days without idiots assuming they are weired.

OP you have no basis or proof against the person. You are simply going on rumour and tittle tattle from other people whom also have no basis of proof!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Espresso, it's not my place to do anything but i'd just like to know as the guy is extremely, for lack of a better term, dodgy and it wouldn't suprise me.

Even if he isn't a kiddie fiddler he's a known drug addict and, thus, shouldn't be allowed anywhere near children.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a mother of 2 young children then i would want to know if any known sex offenders were living near by. not so i could drive them out of town or anything like that, just so i could warn my children to stay away from them.
  • AWESOMESAUCE!AWESOMESAUCE! Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    We need a UK version of To Catch A Predator.

Nice to see you.... why don't you have a seat over there? ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Espresso, it's not my place to do anything but i'd just like to know as the guy is extremely, for lack of a better term, dodgy and it wouldn't suprise me.

Even if he isn't a kiddie fiddler he's a known drug addict and, thus, shouldn't be allowed anywhere near children.

If you were to remove all drug addicts from the vicinity of children, there would be 1000s of kids looking for a foster home.

In a practical sense that is impossible.

If you have genuine concerns about this blokes behaviour, tell the Police. That is their job.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    On an Individual basis, perhaps so. On a more general one... Strewth! How does one GET OUT of this godforsaken country of speculative(!) "Pitchfork Wielders"? ;)
  • spotyspoty Posts: 11,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The thing is you think he is dodgy, so what, every parent should know where there kids are and teach them how to deal with 'dodgy' people.

He might not be on a list, will that mean he is ok? He might be on the list for showing his butt on a drunken night out?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This guy is a drug addicted unemployed criminal who makes money by a form of street entertainment which involves children and he's quite often spotted hanging around by schools.

It's not my place to contact the police but i'd simply like to know if he is or isn't.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well personally I'd exhaust all other options first. Online dating sites, lonely hearts columns etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AaronG wrote: »
    Well personally I'd exhaust all other options first. Online dating sites, lonely hearts columns etc.

*Rim shot*
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AaronG wrote: »

LOL you've just won a weekend on the internet, all expenses paid :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is everyone on the sex offender's register a paedophile?