Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Comments

• ewarwoowooewarwoowoo Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    As usual the satellite channels provide a bumper crop of naff, repetitive & excruciating adverts.

Most annoying at the moment:

Wonga.com
    Saniflow (possibly the most half-*rsed dubbing of an advert EVER)
    Every single advert for online Bingo, but Lucky Pants takes the prize for the most irritating.
    And finally, the smug, irritating cow who sits in the bath bragging about the bathroom she bought from Victoria plumb.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewarwoowoo wrote: »
    Saniflow (possibly the most half-*rsed dubbing of an advert EVER).

The Morgans Spiced Rum ad is a close second. Where the guy at the end says "they'll be fine" or something to that effect but the American actor they've dubbed is clearly saying something else. The voice doesn't match the face either.

Whoever dubs these damn adverts clearly hasn't got the brain capacity to clean a toilet, let alone work in an audio editing suite. I'm amazed they've achieved employment in any job.

And yes that bloody Saniflow moron "Yes! You can have it in a kitchen!!!" Christ, the whole look and sound of that ad is like something out of The Sims. Just completely weird,
  • ewarwoowooewarwoowoo Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    Saniflo = Magimix for turds
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That blue peter woman who was a professional virgin for many years doing sexual suggestions with her mouth , feel wuff?
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    Sentenza wrote: »
    That blue peter woman who was a professional virgin for many years doing sexual suggestions with her mouth , feel wuff?

Agree on this one :mad:
  • RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TracerTong wrote: »
    Anytime i see a celeb endorsing a product (Brad Pitt, David Tennant etc) I couldn't give a shit about the product they are adverting,

I just think 'just HOW much did they pay you to do this crap??'

Yeah, me too. Alexander Armstrong did a promo for his show on Dave which took the p*** out of the Brad Pitt ad!
  • Jennell_SierakoJennell_Sierako Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    valkay wrote: »
    The bloke sitting on the train with frogs and rabbits and other animals,? the train isn't British, it looks continental.

I can't even remember what this is advertising but my 3 year old Triplets now want to go on a train as a result.
  • Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,854
    Forum Member
    Not going to give them a free ad, but one of those car trading companies who talk about "part-ex"-ing your car.

Part-ex? Does anyone ever say that? Part exchange yes, but part-ex? :confused:
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    You've never heard people use the term part-ex?
  • McCollMcColl Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Smiley433 wrote: »
    Part-ex? Does anyone ever say that? Part exchange yes, but part-ex? :confused:

All part of the ever growing trend to abbreviate words thus reducing the number of syllables. i.e. lazy speech.

Either that or it saves a millisecond of advertising time!

I hate people talking in abbreviations ...the government introduced I.S.A savings accounts years back, but in no time, the institutions offering them insisted on calling them 'Isers'.
    I still say I.S.A, and invariably get corrected by some smartypants representative!
  • Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,854
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    You've never heard people use the term part-ex?

Nope. First I heard of it was that advert. I've heard "part exchanging" or "trading in" but not "part ex". Maybe it's a regional thing.
    McColl wrote: »
    All part of the ever growing trend to abbreviate words thus reducing the number of syllables. i.e. lazy speech.

Yes, that could be it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    The advert for ppi with the scottish guy with the Edinburgh accent! It's on constantly!!
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Counting Cars trailer that comes up whenever I go on TV Catchup. CHANGE IT PLEASE! :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't even remember what this is advertising but my 3 year old Triplets now want to go on a train as a result.

You have triplets ?:eek:.... you've got your hands full! ;)
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Counting Cars trailer that comes up whenever I go on TV Catchup. CHANGE IT PLEASE! :mad:

TV Catchup would be my complaint I have a 50 MB connection and have to watch it on a 160 p or it buffers.
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Adverts with kids on them lecturing adults have really started to grind my gears recently. They had never bothered me that much before, but there just seems so many of them now, and the more you see them, the more obnoxious and annoying the kids seem to get. In fact, the more I think about it, the more I think they tie in with our modern day culture of giving the little shits free reign to do whatever they want, which is why they all grow up to be self absorbed, lazy, violent, arseholes. Sorry if that makes me a bad person (probably).

See what you've done ads?!! You've made me a bad person, thanks a lot! Now when I see an advert designed to provoke the reaction "aww, how cute", I think "must not throw brick at tv"- 'it's only a bunch of fat kids trying as hard as they can not to eat a lump of sugar, so they can have more lumps of sugar- or it's just a little girl showing you a disgusting and unnecessary way of eating an oreo, nothing to get worked up about', even if you have had to sit through it like a hundred times.
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I love these ads :o Think they are funny making Richard Branson like a doddery old man :D

I do as well (especially the one with the little guy pretending to be Usain Bolt) - I just don't like that one.

And whoever it was who said Saniflow - thank you: I was going to say that but couldn't remember who it was.
  • fleetfleet Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gosh, I thought the term part-ex was an old one. Its been used by car salesmen and car adverts for as long as I can remember, and Im 50!!
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Mother's Day is round the corner and what's going on? Advertisers have started showing those bloody fragrance adverts again! :mad:
  • mike1948mike1948 Posts: 2,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scotts Porridge Oats is the ad I hate at the moment. The main reason is that it is repeated endlessly on the channels I watch. I have porridge for breakast but avoid buying Scotts because it is much more expensive than supermarkets' own brands.

I also avoid buying all celebrity endorsed products, either if they have blessed it with their name or they advertise it on TV.
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to wipe my arse with the Andrex ads and then scrunch, fold, and flush a very very long distance away from me.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wiltshire Farm Foods - Will this advert just GO AWAY already! I've probably seen it at least 100 times. GET OFF MY SCREEN NOW! :mad:

Is that the one with Ronnie Corbett and the old grinning woman, who is an actress who I have seen in something else.
    His voice annoys me, heard it on an Actimel advert as well.

Soon as I saw the McDonalds advert I thought Pyscho Paul,(mentioned a few times on here.)

William Hill bingo, with the bird is the word song is annoying me. Only Peter Griffin is allowed to sing that song.

Then there's the Tombola advert (I think) with people acting like hippies dancing on the beach.

Kellogs nutragrain with a bloke in a pink dressing gown hassling people on a train.
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Broadband choices and the weasily man sat in the bar drinking on his own, with his shitty beard and annoying girlfriend. And is it just me, or does he seem totally under the thumb? His girlfriend (wife?) seems like a right touchy moo, and how cacky was their broadband if they couldn’t even watch catchup tv on it? I can watch catchup tv just fine on my cheap, cacky broadband, so I don’t see why they’d have any trouble.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    Any advert showing a close up macro shot of the inside of a filthy toilet that looks like it hasn't been cleaned in years, timed to coincide perfectly with me sitting down to eat my lunch.

Then some magic formula is poured all over it so you can watch all the disgusting gunk being churned up and flushed away.

Lovely.
  • BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solarflare wrote: »
    I want to wipe my arse with the Andrex ads and then scrunch, fold, and flush a very very long distance away from me.

Saw that for the first time tonight, it's gross:mad:

And is that a fat Jimmy Tarbuck or the fella from The Wurzels in the ad? I reckon it's Tarby but my OH says it's Wurzel man.
This discussion has been closed.