"New Xbox will win against PS4" says analyst.

fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
Forum Member
✭✭
So, according to some self proclaimed crystal ball rubbing oracle, the PS4 will lag behind the new Xbox because you can't wave at it, watch telly on it, or call your auntie in Australia on it.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a464716/new-xbox-to-win-against-playstation-4-says-analyst-michael-pachter.html

Personally, Kinect, TV services and Skype are way down my list of priorities when choosing a console. It's all about the games, isn't it?

Or are multi-media capabilities really the way to dominate the next generation?

Comments

• PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Pachter....I wish I was paid to stick my finger in the air and come up with predicitions and figures that people (must, surely??) pay money for...
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PinSarla wrote: »
    Oh Pachter....I wish I was paid to stick my finger in the air and come up with predicitions and figures that people (must, surely??) pay money for...

I'd love to know how they come to these conclusions before New Xbox has even been officially announced. I take it this guy has history then?
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to know how they come to these conclusions before New Xbox has even been officially announced. I take it this guy has history then?

From the comments under the article he seems to be a clown, that or the PS fanboys are out in force. I will admit, Skype and Tv services sound nice, but will Skype need Kinect or some similarly priced piece of hardware for which I would have no other use and would the tv tuner cost extra money? If the answer is yes to either of these then I am not interested.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://i1.cdnds.net/13/11/618x441/gaming-swsx-pachter.jpg

Nextbox will sell 85-95million units.
    PS4 will sell 85-95million units.

How is equal numbers a win, and how with equal number is one lagging behind :confused::confused:
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »

How is equal numbers a win, and how with equal number is one lagging behind :confused::confused:

I was wondering that.

Another slide says "Microsoft wins the next generation" although it later states that "Sony thrives in the next generation"

Sounds like he's hedging his bets.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I have said all along, I am a traditional gamer who likes a box of chips, a joypad and a disk to bung in it.
    I like a Wii now and again but all this waving about nonsense and having a chat while murdering virtual characters is a bit of a fad for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crazy statement when MS haven't even unveiled the new system.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    embrace all consoles..

anything else is juvenile
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    I predict night and day for the next week, do i win a new 4k HD tv now ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Pachter ate his hat yet? i remember at the Spike VGAs he said nobody would choose a downloadable title (meaning walking dead or journey) as game of the year

He is usually wrong about everything i genuinely think he only has a job because of how funny some of his prediction are
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    The same Michael Pachter who said GTA V would be shown at E3 2012 and claim it would be out by the end of 2012? The same Michael Pachter who said a Downloadable Game such as The Walking Dead would NEVER win a Game of the Year Award? The same Michael Pachter who's got quite a lot of things wrong.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    He needs to STFU basically.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »

Well, we don't know what he said in relation to his slides.

He could have said something like 'PS4 and 720 will probably both sell around 85-95 million worldwide, but in the US we'll see the 720 come out on top again bla bla'.

So he might have meant 'win' in relation to the audience he was talking to (Americans).
    bob2005 wrote: »
    That's why it is a prediction!
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Has Pachter ate his hat yet? i remember at the Spike VGAs he said nobody would choose a downloadable title (meaning walking dead or journey) as game of the year

He is usually wrong about everything i genuinely think he only has a job because of how funny some of his prediction are
    Yeah he ate it. Someone made him a cake with a hat on and he ate it on his show on GT.

The poor guy gets a lot of stick but some of what his says actually does make a lot of sense.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But how does he come to that prediction when MS haven't even officially released any info.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who the hell is he?

:confused:
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 2 articles about xbox-ps4 and ps4-pc are absolutely HILARIOUS.

Clowns aren't meant to be taken seriously.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But how does he come to that prediction when MS haven't even officially released any info.
    That is what all predictions are.

You can't predict something that is official.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I imagine it's not going to come down to systems as such but what space they inhabit, what environments they'll run and what apps they'll support. Hardware specs aren't so important.. they'll both be as powerful as each other. The difference will come in other areas.
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "New Xbox will win against PS4"

aka

"Something we know nothing about will win against something we know little about"
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    thomas2400 wrote: »

https://twitter.com/garywhitta/status/310576884503175169/photo/1
  • Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's the kind of guy that makes lots of predictions and hardly any of them turn out to be true except the blatently obvious ones.

He predicted a Capcom buyout which turned out to be a load of rubbish.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pointless predictions never take notice of it anyway everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Mr CynicMr Cynic Posts: 5,435
    Forum Member
    embrace all consoles..

anything else is juvenile

Consoles are for juveniles, PC's are for adults. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Cynic wrote: »
    Consoles are for juveniles, PC's are for adults. ;)

Can't tell if sarcasm or stupidity :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh this fan boy so called analyst can f*** off. Who gives a shit which console is better. It's all down to choice. Neither Sony or Microsoft will abandon their next generation consoles so just enjoy whichever you like or even both.