Myleene's ex wants the house

Comments

• Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pandora 9 wrote: »
    Yes but he could have worked it out if he wanted. I think this is a case of a man feeling his wife earns more than him and he didn't like being second fiddle.

Really..how do you know that:confused:
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but he could have worked it out if he wanted. I think this is a case of a man feeling his wife earns more than him and he didn't like being second fiddle.

Exactly.

You have no actual idea. None of us do. Maybe he's scum that couldn't keep it in his pants - or maybe she drove him to it. We don't actually have the facts.

& as others have said, staying together for the sake of the children can actually be hugely damaging.
  • workhorseworkhorse Posts: 2,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He left her - not them.

yes but at best he becomes a part time dad and at worst loses touch.they were only married so didn't even have time for marriage councilling.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    workhorse wrote: »
    yes but at best he becomes a part time dad and at worst loses touch.they were only married so didn't even have time for marriage councilling.

What?:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What?:confused:

around six months married.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    around six months.

again:confused:

Maybe they tried counselling and it didn't work (you don't have to be married to have counselling). In any case, none of us know what happened.
  • Pandora 9Pandora 9 Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my experience MOST men don't like it if the woman they are with is more sucessful .. true I'm afraid :rolleyes:
  • CMCM Posts: 33,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely he must be kept in the standard of lifestyle to which he has become accustomed?

Behind every successful woman etc

Haha yes they don't like it the other way around do they. :D
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Myleene milked the publicity from the split and allowed spurious and false accusations about this man to flourish in the media. I suspect this is another made up story, probably instigated by her PR team to get her in the press and relevant again.

She has actually been quiet and just got on with working and bringing up their daughters...She has not been publically vindictive, just very, very hurt...She certainly had a right to comment when she did.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my experience MOST men don't like it if the woman they are with is more sucessful .. true I'm afraid :rolleyes:

Oh, OK. You obviously just know of some very pathetic and unpleasant men. & I can use this :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: too.
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe that's true because a lot of men can feel emasculated and become unhappy as a result.. But why should he stay if he's really unhappy in a relationship? As long as he maintains regular contact with the girls, I don't see a problem.

Maybe the marriage was a band-aid, papering over the cracks.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe that's true because a lot of men can feel emasculated and become unhappy as a result.. But why should he stay if he's really unhappy in a relationship? As long as he maintains regular contact with the girls, I don't see a problem.

Maybe the marriage was a band-aid, papering over the cracks.

Then surely Myleene would have opted for a magazine deal wedding, and not the very private one her and Graham had :confused:
  • tawnytawny Posts: 1,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gabriella wrote: »
    He deserves it all. Myleene must have been a total chore to be with.

I agree

Seems she has come down in the world - advertising for Littlewoods - M & S must have dropped her.
  • shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member

hes their dad all the time

are you saying she is also a part time mum because of the time they spend with him?

cause that would only be fair, since shes not with them all the time
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are two sides to every story but you can't twist the fact that he did marry her and then leave her within months. If he knowingly entered the marriage with a view to leaving her then I hope she fights him tooth and nail.

He is coming across as such a lowlife.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,811
    Forum Member
    There are two sides to every story but you can't twist the fact that he did marry her and then leave her within months. If he knowingly entered the marriage with a view to leaving her then I hope she fights him tooth and nail.

He is coming across as such a lowlife.

You say there are two sides to a story and say I hope she fights him tooth and nail call him a lowlife?

I see she's on holiday with the children in Mexico, how convienent a photographer was around to snap some happy pictures of her on her own with the children.
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why doesnt he get 50%?

Im sure he sacrificed a lot for her to be successful in her modelling career.

Anything else is just blatant sexism.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised people can have such strong opinions without knowing either one of them and given how little either has actually said about what happened.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    Why doesnt he get 50%?

Im sure he sacrificed a lot for her to be successful in her modelling career.

Anything else is just blatant sexism.

I kinda agree. Marriage is a 50/50 contract - regardless of who earned the wealth it is their wealth jointly.

If you want to keep whats yours as yours then don't sign the contract that gives another person a share of it.
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    I kinda agree. Marriage is a 50/50 contract - regardless of who earned the wealth it is their wealth jointly.

If you want to keep whats yours as yours then don't sign the contract that gives another person a share of it.

She made most of her money during the marriage, reportedly 12million.

Why dont they just take 6 million each? It should set them both up (and their children) for a life of luxury, and of course, she still has the earning potential far greater than the husband in future (which she should keep).
  • Jo09Jo09 Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    She made most of her money during the marriage, reportedly 12million.

Why dont they just take 6 million each? It should set them both up (and their children) for a life of luxury, and of course, she still has the earning potential far greater than the husband in future (which she should keep).

If they'd been married years then yes. But they haven't.
  • looby383xlooby383x Posts: 3,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jo09 wrote: »
    If they'd been married years then yes. But they haven't.
    But if they have been together for 11 years, living together, and had 2 children in that time ( before they were married), I don't that he should only be entitled to something for the time they were married - why does living together with children not count ?

I don't know much about either of them, but an 11 year relationship during which she was at the peak of her earning capacity and him supporting her in that should entitle him to something ( as we would expect a man to pay something to his wife if the genders were reversed). If he is saying he wants the house proceeds and that is all - that seems reasonable to me. If he's asking for more - then that's a different story. I am thinking this is a reasonable deal if he is also continuing to contribute financially towards his children.

If the house sold at 1.8 million, then if he gets half - that's less than 1 million for 11 years - she's worth much, much more than that.
  • quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Myleene comes across a nice girl. It looks like the guy married her to get his paws on her cash.She earned all that money herself, so why is he entitled to it. Is she entitled to half his company.
    She would have been wise to have had a prenup and not wed or trusted an ex.drug dealer.Unless you earn it, its not yours and that goes for both genders.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,811
    Forum Member
    quasimoron wrote: »
    Myleene comes across a nice girl. It looks like the guy married her to get his paws on her cash.She earned all that money herself, so why is he entitled to it. Is she entitled to half his company.
    She would have been wise to have had a prenup and not wed or trusted an ex.drug dealer.Unless you earn it, its not yours and that goes for both genders.

So you would oppose a divorce court ruling a husband transfer the home into his wife's name so she can on living there if they have children?

As a wife who's stayed at home to look after the children and has no pension....you'd say she's entitled to nothing as she earned sweet FA.

In Myleene's case she's said to have earned £12m all he's asked for is the amount agreed when they splitabout £1.5m. Or does she want to prove to her kids their father doesn't love them by her being the only who can whisk them away on exotic holidays.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    quasimoron wrote: »

good point regards his earned wealth.