Tomb raider help

Ted CTed C Posts: 11,730
Forum Member
✭✭
OK, so I played the game through on easy, fairly quickly and did not spend too much time looking for every prize, relic, artifact etc.

So now I am replaying the various levels to get all of these bonuses and challenges, and have a couple of problems.

For example, the 'fast-travel' ability to jump from camp to camp is very useful,though it does not work with all camps.

But the puzzling thing is on some levels it highlights all of the items you have not yet gained, but not on others. A few I have 100% on, others I have only 60 or 70% and yet having travelled the length and breadth of the level again, I cannot see any more items to collect.

Another issue is on the first level in the forest I have collected all items, but the menu shows an outstanding challenge called 'Ghost Hunter'. Now the only thing left to do on this level is kill animals...which I have done, tons of the damn things. Yet it makes no difference, and I cannot see how to get 100% on this level.

But the most frustrating level so far is the Windmill level just after the shanty town. When I first played this level the windmill was driving the cable mechanism which moved the containers, which enabled you to jump onto a moving container to get to the other side of the chasm. But on second play, the windmill is turning but the cars are stationery, so I cannot see how to get to the other side without the cars...and believe me I have explored every possible route.

I am sure I am missing something. I have nearly all of the required skill points, have modified most of my weapons 100% and have been collecting all of the available XP...so I must be missing something here, but no idea what.

Any ideas?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    A few answers for you.
    Not all camps are fast travel enabled and there appear to be a couple of areas you cannot return to without using fast travel. From the beach to the lab a cable trolley crashes as you jump off etc. I don't remember going back to the windmill area so can't help with that particular one. You'd hope it was possible to get back to any area where you may have missed a collectible.

Each area has an extra challenge where you need to find and destroy things that are never on the map. Ghost hunter is the first one, look for hanging "chimes", I think they are dream catcher type hanging ornaments. Another one is destroying all the large mines on the beach. Shanty town you have to burn then pull down all the effigies (no idea if that is spelt right). They all glow in the survival instinct mode. Basically shoot/burn/pull anything that glows!
    I got about 96% so I think I missed 4 challenges.

To highlight everything other than challenges you seem to need the orienteering XP skill, using the survival instinct anywhere near an item seemed to add it to the map. It wasn't 100% obvious to me when things appeared but with the skill and collecting the local map everything for that area showed up.
  • Ted CTed C Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Fred that was helpful.

I went back to the first level and found the 'ghost' icons...very small and difficult to see in the trees, would never have spotted them otherwise.

So I now have 100% on the first 7 levels, but I still have that same problem at the shantytown windmill area...I now have 98% on that level, missing only one GPS cache to get 100%, which I can see from the map is on the other side of where I need to get to...but there is just no way to get over there, as I say the overhead mine cars are not moving and there is no other route across.

Another curious thing is that it is nightime, whereas it was daylight when I first played the level, which makes it a little ore difficult to see your way around.

I think I m going to skip ahead a level and get 100% on that and come back, see if that somehow unlocks/opens up the windmill area.
  • Ted CTed C Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally managed to complete the game 100%.

Turns out I was misreading the map on the shantytown level, and the last GPS cache on that level was actually inside the entrance to the tomb near the campfire.

At the very least, it taught me the importance of reading the map carefully. And also that if you are replaying a level and come to an area like this that seems impassable or you cannot continue any further...it's often because you don't need to, as all of the outstanding items and challenges are further back in the level, if you have not already completed them.That's why you might come across 'blockages' such as the one I encountered.

I also got caught out by the bunker level near the beach, because it is an area that does not have a fast travel camp so you can miss it completely. I had played it first time round, but there were uncollected items and challenges that I had missed before.

Some of the challenges can be very difficult, with small, almost invisible items, extremely well hidden, and in the most unlikely of places. Look absolutely everywhere, is all I am saying, including above you.