Your income? gamers

The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,402
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Annual net income, the amount that you take home after tax/ni/pension etc.

Theres no need to reply if you dont want to... some people dont like stating their income. Just tick a relevant category, no one can see which you ticked.

Im just curious what kind of money you people are getting? Interesting to see the ratio between those who are hard done by and those who are minted.

Your income? gamers 110 votes

School
0% 1 vote
College
3% 4 votes
University
6% 7 votes
Unemployed
10% 11 votes
Less than £6k
1% 2 votes
£6-12k
7% 8 votes
£12-20k
12% 14 votes
£20-30k
28% 31 votes
£30-50k
16% 18 votes
£50k+
12% 14 votes

Comments

• He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    After taxes and my pension about 24.5k But I'm due a review for a pay rise in February next year.

(edit: Just took a look at my finances and i took home just under 20k last year, less than i thought:()
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll openly admit i'm unemployed, no point in looking for a job until the New Year now anyway

I was a student until earlier this year which paid for my Replacement PS3, 3DS (twice), PS Vita (and a replacement) and a Laptop

but since this summer when i finished uni, i've been unemployed and i've had no problem getting any games that i've wanted

I'd say it's a very broken system and even though i get jobseekers i hugely disagree with and would overhaul the system more than the tories have, without a Job i should not have all these gaming perks but i do
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get just under 20k a year, double it if you wanna include my wifes income too.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im aged 31, electrician. At my previous job, over 2 years ago i was getting £16k +pension.

Now the same job, different company, recently had a tiny pay rise, im now on: (no pension yet)
    £20k no overtime
    £25-28k with overtime, this is what im getting.
    Though its not exactly overtime as i still work 40 hours/week, i work permanent nights so my hourly rate is increased by 1.25, and i work sundays-thursdays so i get double pay for the first 8 hours.

Might be getting a tiny pay rise early 2013, just inflation i think.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    I was a student until earlier this year which paid for my Replacement PS3, 3DS (twice), PS Vita (and a replacement) and a Laptop

Hopefully not paid for with taxpayers money! I'm sure they were needed for your studies, though :D
  • DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting.

As this is on gaming board though I suppose the real relevance is what your gaming purchasing ability is.

I earn waaay more than I did when I was about 19 (i'm 28 now). However in those days I was living at home with no real responsibilities, so 90% of my income could go on luxuries like video games. Now despite earning much more it's tied up in rent, bills, transport and other dull adult stuff. So despite being wealthier now, in real terms my 19 year old self was a lot richer in his game purchasing ability if that makes sense.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't realise ds users were so rich I'm lucky to earn 10k a year so what I buy I make sure I like
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    16k + pension and buy 3/4 new games per year, 5 tops.
  • LackadaisicalLackadaisical Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    Pimp.
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll openly admit i'm unemployed, no point in looking for a job until the New Year now anyway

but since this summer when i finished uni, i've been unemployed and i've had no problem getting any games that i've wanted

I'd say it's a very broken system and even though i get jobseekers i hugely disagree with and would overhaul the system more than the tories have, without a Job i should not have all these gaming perks but i do

I guess you don't have any other financial commitments? Because when I was unemployed I really struggled to make ends meet and I definitely didn't buy computer games, nor any other form of entertainment. The money went on bills and that was it.

Also how did being a student pay for all those electronics?
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess you don't have any other financial commitments? Because when I was unemployed I really struggled to make ends meet and I definitely didn't buy computer games, nor any other form of entertainment. The money went on bills and that was it.

Also how did being a student pay for all those electronics?

maybe his student loan or jobseekers, when you live with your parents, you have no bills..

:rolleyes:
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maybe his student loan or jobseekers, when you live with your parents, you have no bills..

:rolleyes:

I had financial commitments when I lived at my parents - firstly I had keep, then there was food, car insurance, petrol, car maintenance. This is why I asked about not having financial commitments :);)
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You could just give your gaming perk money away to charity but you don't do you? You want to overhaul the system but only when you are off it. Do you raise the issue that you disagree with the system every time you sign on? No. Technically you are not looking for work so you are a benefit cheat. You don't mention that either do you? Benefit cheat calls the system broken? You couldn't make it up. Not every unemployed person lives at home with Mummy and Daddy scamming the system and they do have bills to pay.
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me and hubby make 40 k maybe a bit more...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could just give your gaming perk money away to charity but you don't do you? You want to overhaul the system but only when you are off it. Do you raise the issue that you disagree with the system every time you sign on? No. Technically you are not looking for work so you are a benefit cheat. You don't mention that either do you? Benefit cheat calls the system broken? You couldn't make it up. Not every unemployed person lives at home with Mummy and Daddy they do have bills to pay.

i work 50 hours a week, run a home, pay a mortgage, get two kids ready for school, buy school uniform, run a car and still get a bit of gaming in as well...

:)

maybe mr thomas could come a work with me for a week...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me and hubby make 40 k maybe a bit more...

not so shabby, and i bet your kids get most of it, like me

;)
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not so shabby, and i bet your kids get most of it, like me

;)

Yep kids are expensive accessories
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had financial commitments when I lived at my parents - firstly I had keep, then there was food, car insurance, petrol, car maintenance. This is why I asked about not having financial commitments :);)

of course
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i work 50 hours a week, run a home, pay a mortgage, get two kids ready for school, buy school uniform, run a car and still get a bit of gaming in as well...

:)

maybe mr thomas could come a work with me for a week...

Too busy playing the Wii U he didn't buy himself in the house he doesn't own, eating the food that he didn't buy etc etc ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could just give your gaming perk money away to charity but you don't do you? You want to overhaul the system but only when you are off it. Do you raise the issue that you disagree with the system every time you sign on? No. Technically you are not looking for work so you are a benefit cheat. You don't mention that either do you? Benefit cheat calls the system broken? You couldn't make it up. Not every unemployed person lives at home with Mummy and Daddy they do have bills to pay.

So three days before christmas i should be out and about trying to get a job? what do you think the changes are i would get a job on sunday or monday, no employers will be taking on until the new year now, as they start to get of the temp christmas staff, so i'm not really cheating anyone by not looking for a job for a week

Just because some of my jobseekers goes on games doesn't mean that it all goes on games, i still pay my mum money to let me live at home, i pay towards the food and bills also

I said i had no problem getting the games i wanted but what i didn't mention is how many games i have bought since being on jobseekers and not that many have been paid for directly by the jobseekers, most have been bought by selling games i know longer want

Don't get me wrong i will be trying to get a job after the festive period, as broken as the current system is, i'd still end up with more money from a job, not to mention the fact i would feel much better about myself
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too busy playing the Wii U he didn't buy himself in the house he doesn't own, eating the food that he didn't buy etc etc ;)

if i was unemployed and lived with my parents i would feel a boot up the rear pronto..

not new consoles

that really grinds my gears
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So three days before christmas i should be out and about trying to get a job? what do you think the changes are i would get a job on sunday or monday, no employers will be taking on until the new year now, as they start to get of the temp christmas staff, so i'm not really cheating anyone by not looking for a job for a week

Just because some of my jobseekers goes on games doesn't mean that it all goes on games, i still pay my mum money to let me live at home, i pay towards the food and bills also

I said i had no problem getting the games i wanted but what i didn't mention is how many games i have bought since being on jobseekers and not that many have been paid for directly by the jobseekers, most have been bought by selling games i know longer want

Don't get me wrong i will be trying to get a job after the festive period, as broken as the current system is, i'd still end up with more money from a job, not to mention the fact i would feel much better about myself

fair enough, so maybe in the future, dont shout your mouth off to people in the real world
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't pretend to know my life just because you know two details
    i'm unemployed and i play games

I sold my Xbox 360 and paid towards getting my WiiU with money i had saved and i had my family all pay a little bit towards it instead of getting me birthday and christmas presents

As i've already stated in another reply, i pay my mum rent, i pay towards food and i pay towards the bills, knowing two details about me means you know **** all

would i of worked 4 weeks of 30 hours each for ****ing free, just so i could get the experience if i didn't want to get a job, no i wouldn't i'd of sat at home all day playing games
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't pretend to know my life just because you know two details
    i'm unemployed and i play games

I sold my Xbox 360 and paid towards getting my WiiU with money i had saved and i had my family all pay a little bit towards it instead of getting me birthday and christmas presents

As i've already stated in another reply, i pay my mum rent, i pay towards food and i pay towards the bills, knowing two details about me means you know **** all

would i of worked 4 weeks of 30 hours each for ****ing free, just so i could get the experience if i didn't want to get a job, no i wouldn't i'd of sat at home all day playing games

I don't pretend to know your life, your just a silly little boy living at home, that's all I need to know.
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    People focus too much on income and not enough on outgoings. You can have plenty of disposable income if you live with your parents, earn £10k a year, and they pay all the bills, and have bugger all left each month if you earn four times as much because you have a mortgage and three kids to support.