Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 441
    Forum Member
    I'm an idiot:o.

I forgot to mention that i've met the Queen and Prince Philip. They visited our town a few years ago. They spent nearly an hour meeting and talking to the crowds. I wasn't at the front so i didn't get to see them:cry: They seemed like nice people but i suppose meeting and talking to the public hours on end is a part of their job.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I work in an airport and seen/ spoke to loads of celebs. Ones who stand out for being nice include:

Ally McCoist
    Charlie Nicholas
    Chris Evans
    David Beckham
    Ronaldinho
    Zinedine Zidane
    Mick Jagger
    Roy Walker

Not so nice:

Carol Smillie
    Kanye West
    Luis Figo
    Archie MacPherson
  • Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    scofo76 wrote: »
    I work in an airport and seen/ spoke to loads of celebs. Ones who stand out for being nice include:

Ally McCoist
    Charlie Nicholas
    Chris Evans
    David Beckham
    Ronaldinho
    Zinedine Zidane
    Mick Jagger
    Roy Walker

Not so nice:

Carol Smillie
    Kanye West
    Luis Figo
    Archie MacPherson

Given your location I think you may work in the same airport I did as a student- and possibly the same retail chain?- and I do remember my days of rubbing shoulders, albeit very briefly, with celebs- most of them Scottish premiership footballers unfortunately. :p

I'd be interested to hear your experience of Luis Figo. I love him. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ones I've encountered are not really top draw, but a curious bunch.

Nicest by far was Kaye Adams, who is very unspoilt and charming. Paul Ross is very chatty and lacking in heirs and graces. Simon Biaggi is a smashing chap, who has time for everyone. Vince Henderson is a pretty humble and affable bloke. Dale Winton comes across as very 'luvvy,' but at least has the good grace to be pleasant to everyone.

Vanessa Feltz was rather aloof.

Vic Reeves used to live near me in Greenwich and held court in one of our local pubs, The Mitre. He came across as attention seeking and was always just a bit too pleased with himself for my taste.

Stephen Lewis lives near me these days. He's a miserable old git.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given your location I think you may work in the same airport I did as a student- and possibly the same retail chain?- and I do remember my days of rubbing shoulders, albeit very briefly, with celebs- most of them Scottish premiership footballers unfortunately. :p

I'd be interested to hear your experience of Luis Figo. I love him. :o

I don't work for a retail chain. As for Luis Figo, we got the whole Real Madrid team coming through when they played the Champions League Final back in 2002. He was the only one who didn't sign anything, instead he just growled at everyone he walked past, and walked quite a distance away from his teammates too.

The miserable ****.
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    I am going back a long time but the one person who stood out for me was Telly Savalas

He was so ugly but when he spoke, I just melted, he was lovely

David Cassidy was so very tiny in person but he smiled and smiled

Errol Brown was so handsome and just smashing

Albert Finney never passed without a Good day, very nice man and Diana Rigg was with him sometimes.

Lenny Henry was very nice but who I really admired was Richard Briers who missed me out when he came to our venue and returned especially to apologise and shake my hand.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only met a couple of famous people.

I met Tony Hart when I was about 4 or 5 years old. He was in Dulverton, in a book shop, and I was completely star-struck because I loved him and wanted to marry him, so I just stared at him for a while. He waved at me, but then he was very busy (looking for a rare book!) so that was enough for me!

I also met Rhydian when he sang for ITV Wales at Christmas in '07. I didn't speak to him, I just fell over in front of him and he looked very worried. It was freezing cold and I have poor circulation so my legs just gave way, haha.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, have also met James Bolam while he was filming Grandpa in My Pocket (I was an assistant there). He was a little eccentric, seemed to like the flatcap he had to wear as part of his costume and kept saying that everything was 'lovely', even his trailer. He was a bit bi-polar though as he didn't seem to want to speak to many people, but he was very busy.
  • OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've met former M People singer Heather Small in Manchester a few years ago. She was lovely and absolute star.

Other really lovely celebs i've met are:

Jayne McDonalad - Fabulous
    Tupele Dorgu (Kelly is Corrie - Very nice and not at all like the character she plays)
    Carol Vorderman
    Edna from Emmerdale (So nice and it's funny seeing her in a pair of jeans!)
    Kelle Bryan who used to be in Eternal
  • TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lorne Spicer truly awful woman
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    I am going back a long time but the one person who stood out for me was Telly Savalas

He was so ugly but when he spoke, I just melted, he was lovely.

My mother met Telly Savalas where she worked and he was absolutely fabulous. Also Pete Murray and Micheal Chang.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have met a few celebrities over the years but one meeting really sticks out. I met the late Michael Hutchence of INXS literally months before he passed away. It was in a restaurant and he literally talked and sat with me and my friend and seemed to be engaged about us and our lives, it was very interesting and really strange at the same time but he was nice and gorgeous up close in person.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice:
    Zoe Ball
    John Peel

Not so nice:
    Jools Holland

Worst person to meet:
    Mark Lamarr
  • goonerladygoonerlady Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ex Arsenal footballer Graham Rix refused to sign an autograph.He did have a rubbish game though.Being young at the time really upset me:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    The ones I've encountered are not really top draw, but a curious bunch.

Nicest by far was Kaye Adams, who is very unspoilt and charming. Paul Ross is very chatty and lacking in heirs and graces. Simon Biaggi is a smashing chap, who has time for everyone. Vince Henderson is a pretty humble and affable bloke. Dale Winton comes across as very 'luvvy,' but at least has the good grace to be pleasant to everyone.

Vanessa Feltz was rather aloof.

Vic Reeves used to live near me in Greenwich and held court in one of our local pubs, The Mitre. He came across as attention seeking and was always just a bit too pleased with himself for my taste.

Stephen Lewis lives near me these days. He's a miserable old git.
    I met Kaye through a friend and we all went out for drinks at The Dome in Edinburgh. Lovely lady and very interesting to chat to. She gave us a lift there and we had to climb over kids stuff in her car..lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    I've met former M People singer Heather Small in Manchester a few years ago. She was lovely and absolute star.

Other really lovely celebs i've met are:

Jayne McDonalad - Fabulous
    Tupele Dorgu (Kelly is Corrie - Very nice and not at all like the character she plays)
    Carol Vorderman
    Edna from Emmerdale (So nice and it's funny seeing her in a pair of jeans!)
    Kelle Bryan who used to be in Eternal

OOh yes.. I met Jane briefly. Lovely lady!
  • fondantfancyfondantfancy Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tim Wonnacott (sp) was very nice.

You're all impressed aren't you?

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Nice - Rhydian Roberts
    I was in Ox St during the xfactor finals in 07 and he was very noticably lost, I said I recognised him, good luck, yadaya and could I help him find his way... he was so polite and charming, most refreshingly he didnt have and security or bodyguards with him.

Various nice people met through work:
    Jamie Redknapp - nicest personality I have yet met.
    Ian Wright , Andy Johnson,
    Nigel Harman - hangs around at the football club connetated to the above.
    June Brown
    Dane Bowers - up until I moved, was living at the end of my road, his career downfall has affected him a lot.

Not very nice at all.
    Lady Sovereign
    I worked with the 'singer' around three years ago on a video shoot, the shooting was delayed because of some tantrum. All us extras were compensated in clothing because the shoot was sponsered by adidas. We sat in a cold bowls room above Lewisham Shopping centre freezing whilst shot after shot had to be retaken. I saw her a few weeks later at a press thingy, tried to strike up a convo, didn't have the time of day for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lembit Opik knocked on my front door once, I was most suprised, he was very nice but I suppose he would be as he wanted me to vote Liberal.
  • fondantfancyfondantfancy Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMO [Not aimed at any posts in particular.]

If they are nice whilst working then it doesn't really count.

If they are nasty whilst eating out/queuing in Tesco etc it doesn't really count.

If they are NICE whilst eating out/queuing in Tesco then that prolly means that they ARE nice people.

:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,418
    Forum Member
    Me and my sister bumped in to Trevor McDonald in Green Park a few years ago, he was heading for the tube station. My sister asked him for his autograph, he was really nice and friendly, if a bit shy. He even found a pen for her as she spent ages rummaging around in her bag for one! (meanwhile I just stood there star-stuck and mortified :o)
  • LadyFluffLadyFluff Posts: 481
    Forum Member
    Lembit is lovely! When I was a sudent LibDem back in the days, he came to our uni (Aberystwyth, so it was vaguely local to him...) and we had a pint with him. Very down to earth nice bloke. That was before he was weathergirl/Cheekygirlified, so I don't know if that changed him!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Keith Chegwin in the town centre a couple of weeks ago promoting free swimming pool sessions for all kids in the town. He was really friendly and exactly the same as on the TV. The only thing that amazed me about him is that he is very short. I mean I am 5' 4" and I was taller than him.

I have also met:

Ulrika Jonnson - she was relaxed and friendly at the time.
    Carrie Grant - she seemed a bit stand offish at the time I chatted to her, but I think she was anxious about something else.
    Tim Henman - he was OK too but maybe a little shy at the time.

The nicest famous person I have ever met is Fern Britton. She gets a lot of stick in the press because she decided to have a gastric bypass. But trust me she is a really caring and down to earth lady. I met her a few times through knowing a relative of hers very well. She is a really lovely lady and has a good sense of humour.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Royals are interesting too.

I remember years ago when Princess Margeret was due to open a new part of the building my Mother worked in. My Mother, the boss, was requested by Buck Pal to select and clean to perfection the best toilet on the premises for Princess Margaret alone her to use. Mother picked the only one big enough to swing a cat in. All Mother could say about the visit was that Princess Margaret's coat lining was ripped. Trust my Mother to notice that.

A similar vein my sister met Prince Andrew at a casual golf function and noticed that he had a hole in his trousers! He was apparently down to earth, very friendly and funny.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member

Not so nice:
    Jim Courier - just rude and very short with people. Never heard of 'please' or 'thank you' apparently

Heh, I'm so unsuprised by this --he comes across as such a cocky asshole even in his Oz Open commentary, whenever he's not salivating over Roddick :rolleyes:. Can you confirm whether he's gay or not, or give any other snippets of tennis gossip?

This is really sad, but the most famous person I've ever met (as in spoken to) is Harold from Neighbours! He was the celebrity guest star at the local show, and was super nice to seven-year-old me, signing autographs for my 4 best friends. Aww.

Saw James Brown in a Sydney airport lounge about 15 years ago. He was wearing a purple velvet suit at 9am, but seemed pretty laidback and normal.

I could've met Tom Cruise around the time he was going out with Penelope Cruz --his publicist accosted me and my mum outside his Sydney hotel, desperately trying to find some "adoring fans" to be filmed for his arrival-- but we were too tired to hang around. I wish I had now, knowing what a loon he is... :D