John Newman-Love me again-different video

FishyFooFishyFoo Posts: 97
Forum Member
Love John Newman's song "Love me again". Also loved the accompanying video with the Northern Soul dancers. Lately all I see is a newer, black and white, contemporary, video. Does anyone know why he's done a new one? The old one was brill, see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfihYWRWRTQ

Comments

• ratty0ratty0 Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only ever seen the one you posted (the 'old' one).
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    nooooo! i love the one when he's dancing - it is so refreshing to see natural dancing on stage by an artist! But the song has become such a huge hit and maybe US is ready for a plan b styled male vocal, hence new video.
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's this one (blocked in UK): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4-Gt6dUVj0

Northern soul dancing is a bit obscure. Even people in the UK are a bit "???" by it, so not sure how international television channels would feel about playlisting it. It's also a very grimey video. The international one is safer.
  • FishyFooFishyFoo Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    I saw an interview with him and he was describing how he wrote the video himself, wanted a Romeo & Juliet theme along with the Northern Soul dancing, as he loves it. Maybe the ending is too severe or, it's been "neutralised" to appeal to a worldwide audience. Also, whilst Googling, there was article implying it was the dancing that helped make it a No1 song. Compared it to Duffy, she had Northern Soul dancers and went straight to No1 too. The new, contemporary, version is good but once you've seen the original one, it can't compare. Just wondered if anyone knew the reason 2 were made.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    I saw him on Italian TV recently perform the song. The audience in Rome seemed to love his dancing!