Colin Firth - The Railway Man

Comments

• Kayleigh2010Kayleigh2010 Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sounds great, looking forward to this :)
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw the trailer at the cinema last week, it looks incredible.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw the trailer before Philomena last week and it really does look good, plus it has a decent cast. It's not top of my list of films I want to see, but if I have time I'll see it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It looks very powerful, can't wait to see it :)
  • itsy bitsyitsy bitsy Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I consider myself extremely fortunate as I studied Eric Lomax's book, 'The Railway Man', as a mature A' level student about ten years ago. As a 'thank you' for my fantastic tutor, who like myself and my fellow students, was passionate about the book and its author, I contacted his literary agent to see if I could arrange to get a signed copy of the book for her. So I was staggered and absolutely over the moon when Eric himself rang me offering to send not only such a book, but arranged to meet my tutor in London for tea and a chat at his 'club', I remained in contact with him ever since receiving letters and Christmas cards from him until he sadly passed away in Oct 2012 aged in his 90s. I am very sad that he missed seeing the film, but also really pleased that he knew it was being made and he was able to meet with the stars of the film a few months before he passed away. If the film shows just some of what Eric went through as a Japanese prisoner of war, his mental torment and his eventual forgiveness for his main tormentor, then it will be a blockbuster I'm sure. A wonderful testament for an amazing man! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow thanks for that :)
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This does look good. A real emotion kicker.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want to see this. Mainly for my lovely Nicole. I can't stand Firth.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's good that's it's released quite soon in the new year - not long to wait :D