Most Desperate X Factor Contestants of all Time

Mr Hunny BunnyMr Hunny Bunny Posts: 624
Forum Member
✭✭
Those horrid types who are so desperate they verge on pathetic.

Austin Drage

Alexandra Burke

James Arthur

Kye Sones

Comments

• iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    How were Alex or Austin desperate? In Alex's case she is more determined and driven than anything.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Well it was James's last chance! He was about to pass the age limit, it was almost too late. He wouldn't get another chance.

And he wasn't that desperate, not as desperate as Chris Maloney and Janet Devlin.
  • ll_Calypso_llll_Calypso_ll Posts: 4,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it was James's last chance! He was about to pass the age limit, it was almost too late. He wouldn't get another chance.

And he wasn't that desperate, not as desperate as Chris Maloney and Janet Devlin.

He was 24. :confused: The age limit for the Boys category alone is usually 28 and even then there's the Overs.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melanie McCabe surely? This is what, her fourth/fifth attempt and third in a row?
  • Mr Hunny BunnyMr Hunny Bunny Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    How were Alex or Austin desperate? In Alex's case she is more determined and driven than anything.

Austin was desperate. Even Simon - his mentor incidentally - said so.

Burke was the same. She brought nothing but embarrassment upon herself with her desperation - the constant crying, whining and tantrums.
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How was James time running out? There's no age limit on the show
  • Mr Hunny BunnyMr Hunny Bunny Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    How was James time running out? There's no age limit on the show

He's just very ugly.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alexandra Burke was not desperate. She won the show. :)

I would say Katie Waissel, Cher Lloyd and Kitty Brucknell were all pretty desperate though.
  • felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    melanie mccabe and jade richards (7th time lol)
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »
    Melanie McCabe surely? This is what, her fourth/fifth attempt and third in a row?

Fair enough, but I'm sure there are plenty of other perennial Boot Camp contestants who we never even get to see. I guess in a way you can't really blame someone for going back when they get close every time, especially when last year she was prominently featured for no reason at all...
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was 24. :confused: The age limit for the Boys category alone is usually 28 and even then there's the Overs.

It's only been lifted from 25 to 28 once. :p
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Forth time auditioning, yep!

Jade Richards has auditioned for the 7th time this year. Olly Murs auditioned for years before he got through too as did most of the people that year, Danyl & Stacey did I know.
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,962
    Forum Member
    You can't blame someone for having a go at it again, but there's no point doing so if you don't make an effort, to ensure that you'll get further this time round.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sh has auditioned again :eek:she is so boring
  • CinnamonBrickCinnamonBrick Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think "desperation" is a difficult term to use.
    People like Katie and Kitty for example... they were desperate, but I think it's because they were misguided. I think they threw everything they had into it and had no Plan B... and to be honest, if you're that forceful to get something, the fear of losing it will cause desperation. I still feel uncomfortable watching back videos of Katie or seeing the sheer hatred she got. She literally unravelled on that show, all for public entertainment.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    melanie mccabe and jade richards (7th time lol)

Perhaps they'll join forces next year! Jalanie to win The X Factor 2014! :p
  • NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kitty
    Rylan
    Johnny
  • VelveteenVelveteen Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    Carolynne.
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kitty Brucknell to begin with was pretty desperate with the stupid outfits and hissy fits but actually once the lives began she appeared to take it more seriously and she was a DS reader!

Katie Weasel was just desperate throughout. Even in lives she still had that air of desperation around her and her little strop during her save me song (sod it!) was ridiculous, even more so because she got saved!

Jade Richards we have seen her on X factor twice and the Voice, seriously give it up now love
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say Alexandra was more driven tbh than desperate
  • Maxine_RochMaxine_Roch Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    How was Alexandra James Arthur or Austin desperate ? I don't think even Kye
    Was desperate some very poor picks OP.
  • wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kye and Austin and Katie were.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with op haha.
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,962
    Forum Member
    How was Alexandra James Arthur or Austin desperate ? I don't think even Kye
    Was desperate some very poor picks OP.

Who is Alexandra James Arthur?

I think this is ridiculous. If Alex was desperate, she wouldn't have waited three years to return. She was just willing to win, as with the others, and she obviously wanted her work to pay off.
  • achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The people that return year after year - all the while bashing the X Factor - then returning yet again.