It has been confirmed. Live feed axed. (Part 12)

Comments

• KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    qwertyell wrote: »
    Stick it online.

LF doesn't have to be on TV.

People would still moan. What about those with a slow internet connection/capped allowance?
  • FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yep.Thats whats needed is come mega creative thinking and seeing if its worth going on the whole way this 30 mins again friday just seems bizarre.5* really does struggle outside the soaps that rating for the Sexy ad's show seems a massive amount for last friday theres no way that gets that rating normally surely?:confused:
    I agree that 30 mins is too short. There is no way to gauge the interest with just 30 mins, it needs to be over an extended period time (at least a couple hours per day).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can still have adverts online.
    But are they comparable (in terms of revenue) to the adverts on TV?

With the LF on TV, there would be an advert break every 10 or so minutes. With it being online, I'm assuming they could only place an advert before the feed loads and that's it. Those that watch for hours and hours uninterupted would not see another advert.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    KieranDS wrote: »
    People would still moan. What about those with a slow internet connection/capped allowance?

Well, if you're still living in the 1990s you wouldn't know BB exists yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fanntastik wrote: »
    I agree that 30 mins is too short. There is no way to gauge the interest with just 30 mins, it needs to be over an extended period time (at least a couple hours per day).

yes.Its just madness now for even that 25 mins (minus the ad's) to get that number should tell them people would watch.
    C5 really are making this so hard for them and us now give it a proper test then review its future I dont think thats an unfair demand.the lineup you posted sounds like a brillant idea tbh
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, if you're still living in the 1990s you wouldn't know BB exists yet.

I actually saw comments about that a few weeks ago :D...you wouldn't think it was 2012.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    But are they comparable (in terms of revenue) to the adverts on TV?

With the LF on TV, there would be an advert break every 10 or so minutes. With it being online, I'm assuming they could only place an advert before the feed loads and that's it. Those that watch for hours and hours would not see another advert again.

I don't know how online ad revenue stacks up against TV advertising, but it's perfectly easy for them to have as many ads as they want as often as needs be.
  • clarence12clarence12 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BB Portugal have one of the longer series (Current is 105days), their voting is free online afaik and they have Live Feed.

This is also a country in a more dire state then ours finanically, so go figure...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes.Its just madness now for even that 25 mins (minus the ad's) to get that number should tell them people would watch.
    C5 really are making this so hard for them and us now give it a proper test then review its future I dont think thats an unfair demand.the lineup you posted sounds like a brillant idea tbh

Who knows maybe one day they'll actually listen :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clarence12 wrote: »
    BB Portugal have one of the longer series (Current is 105days), their voting is free online afaik and they have Live Feed.

This is also a country in a more dire state then ours finanically, so go figure...

If C5 really wanted they could have found a way the fact its rating so well on 5* in such a tiny amount suggest the plan they are using just isnt the right one.

Personally I think 5* was made for the feed its a place that fans would view and give that channel a much needed PR boost outside the soap circles.
  • happybbfanhappybbfan Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member
    The one thing that is getting to me atm is this big announcement they made about live feed returning,make a date in your diary etc,yet it now turns out to be for just 30mins and not even the measly hour that was promised.
    Livefeed hasn't returned

If Jeff Ford says BB doesn't need live feed and people don't want to watch it then why the hell
    are they going to such lengths to advertise 'Live from the house' on C5 and indeed why are they bothering with it at all
    i am astounded that so many actually watched the 30mins on friday especially after so many weeks into the series

there is no doubt in my mind that many more viewers like myself are not watching BB mainly due to the lack of coverage so why are C5 happy to accept lower ratings than they could be getting

1,5m viewers may seem good to some but BB could easily get 1.8m a night if they brought on board those like myself who are not watching without decent coverage
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    happybbfan wrote: »
    The one thing that is getting to me atm is this big announcement they made about live feed returning,make a date in your diary etc,yet it now turns out to be for just 30mins and not even the measly hour that was promised.
    Livefeed hasn't returned

If Jeff Ford says BB doesn't need live feed and people don't want to watch it then why the hell
    are they going to such lengths to advertise 'Live from the house' on C5 and indeed why are they bothering with it at all
    i am astounded that so many actually watched the 30mins on friday especially after so many weeks into the series
    there is no doubt in my mind that many more viewers like myself are not watching BB mainly due to the lack of coverage so why are C5 happy to accept lower ratings than they could be getting

That really has been disgusting I dont care whats changed to affect the 1 hr the fuss and guff they put into that launch..
    As posted earlier they could bung some feed on at different times longer to see what affect it has in total on the show etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why bring the the 30 mins back?

http://entertainment.stv.tv/tv/307927-big-brother-dowling-confirms-return-of-the-live-feed/

How good does that read....its almost laughable if it wasnt so sick 25 mins isnt even partial its there so brian doesnt have to look like he needs the loo when asked 'why no feed its bigbrother?'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Who knows maybe one day they'll actually listen :D

Well knowing they look at these threads I hope they would that article I just posted what brian said

one hour after eviction
    would be there from the start of the series
    they knew euro 2012 was on ages ago so they didnt even keep to the comments brian thought would be the case
    Forum Member
    Why bring the the 30 mins back?

http://entertainment.stv.tv/tv/307927-big-brother-dowling-confirms-return-of-the-live-feed/

How good does that read....its almost laughable if it wasnt so sick 25 mins isnt even partial its there so brian doesnt have to look like he needs the loo when asked 'why no feed its bigbrother?'

Totally laughable
    "They can now tweak the format following feedback on social networking sites. They can make it better."

if they can make it better Brian then why the hell haven't they
    If the bosses can see the demand for live feed then where the hell is it then
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally laughable
    "They can now tweak the format following feedback on social networking sites. They can make it better."

if they can make it better Brian then why the hell haven't they
    If the bosses can see the demand for live feed then where the hell is it then

it really is striking on two counts
    they are basically saying okay the feed needs to be there and even the stuff brian talks about didnt even occur :D
    Forum Member
    clarence12 wrote: »

C5 stated they could have done live feed but chose not to
    yet they are messing around with this 30mins/1hour and advertising it too
    they need to make a decision and stick with it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C5 stated they could have done live feed but chose not to
    yet they are messing around with this 30mins/1hour and advertising it too
    they need to make a decision and stick with it

thank god they aint in charge of the shopping list..:eek:
    it would be 2 weeks before HM's got anything the dithering they do.

Daily star got a bad rap for 'making stuff up' its looking pretty much like they were given info and C5 just changed the details of what would happen.
    Forum Member
    thank god they aint in charge of the shopping list..:eek:
    it would be 2 weeks before HM's got anything the dithering they do.

Daily star got a bad rap for 'making stuff up' its looking pretty much like they were given info and C5 just changed the details of what would happen.

C5 are making it up as they go along with BB

i remember from C5 insiders before BB launched that C5
    were going to have online live feed so maybe when Daily Star printed the front page headline of 'live feed 24/7' would be back,it probably was true

As we have seen recently with the messing around with livefeed,C5 are prone to changing their minds
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C5 are making it up as they go along with BB

i remember from C5 insiders before BB launched that C5
    were going to have online live feed so maybe when Daily Star printed the front page headline of 'live feed 24/7' would be back,it probably was true

As we have seen recently with the messing around with livefeed,C5 are prone to changing their minds

it does appear to be the case now.
    if Brian was going around saying that just before the show launched and then they changed it :eek:
  • shelly34shelly34 Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    i dont think they will ever bring it back and i can see them getting rid of normal bb and just doing the celebrity one.
  • Sarah SoreenSarah Soreen Posts: 5,568
    Forum Member
    Woot shiny new thread..The fight Continues! :p

I have half a chance of keeping pace with the thread now :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shelly34 wrote: »
    i dont think they will ever bring it back and i can see them getting rid of normal bb and just doing the celebrity one.

I think they will keep it but viewers should not expect huge ratings for it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well in the other thread of ofcom getting over 1,000 complaints thats one good thing with no feed
    it cant be used as a scapegoat as previous scandals proved all the ofcom complaints came from h/l shows With the police being called in BB5 via the live feed.
  • livefeed24/7nowlivefeed24/7now Posts: 8,801
    Forum Member
    Not sure what company in france it was they bunged the entire thing online via Daily Motion about 5 feeds all free and no Geoblocking.

The surround of the feeds were inbedded adverts but no popups or anything onscreen it worked perfectly.

http://postimage.org/image/p094bxhed/

this is the only image i have of that french big brother type show 'dilemme' which was streamed by daily motion

10 high quality live streams ,daily motion did a great job